BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

There was news clip where the Central boys basketball state run was dissected. Besides the boys that played and coaches, supposedly there were others that was on that bus. Supposedly, there was admin on that bus that ate and was lodged on the taxpayers dime. And supposedly, an Ozen coach was on that bus. The 6 news showed it. So I assume we'll find out soon enough.

I saw the report and it seemed very excessive on the part of BISD. Particularly after sup had made comments before state tourney of cutting down on travel expenses. I totally understand using school funds for the team (15 or so players), coaches (4-5) and an admin or two. But not the amount of folks the paper work shows who went and how many charged the district for expenses.

Also, BISD ordered an additional 35 medals over the 20 medals that the UIL handed out to the team and coaching staff. 35 extra?!!

This is way over the top!

Lets see by (my) estimations:

Hotel @ 2 days...$480.00

Food @ 3 meals a day $75.00

Misc: $445

That’s a hard sell for a district in financial trouble. (not to mention the other troubles) Especially since the sup declares a cut back on travel. JMO