David Suggs just named HC at Ozen!!!

Gtj007

Ozen landed a good one. He did nothing but flourish at Central. Coached Central to 2nd round of playoffs in 02. VERY good defensive team.

03 team at that time went the farthest at that time in Central history. 3 rounds and lost to the eventual state champs that year Bay City Black Cats. Jaguar Anthony Collins was wrecking shop ay defensive end and Olympic Track star Chopper Williams also played on defense.

I tell you one thing. From what I remember, the defense will be sound. But his offensive plays are VERY questionable.

He left Central for 5a jobs.. didn't do too good in Aldine Ike as he was in a tough district. He also failed miserable at Galveston Ball (then 5a). Ball's talent was depleted after the hurricanes. I forgot the other 5a jobs that he took, but its good to hear that he's back in Beaumont. Let's now see if he can sell this to the already talented kids @ Ozen...

3 yards and a cloud of dust omg ?

Pitch right... Pitch left... Option left, option right... Fullback dive... Runningbqck by committee. You won't see a 1000 hard rusher. You'll see like 5 RB's with a total of about 300 yards... There have been games where he will only throw the ball MAYBE 5 times.. all smashmouth downhill running... Right in your face..

Congrats to Coach Suggs & the Ozen Panthers. The kids deserve some closure,it's time to move on and refocus. Coach Suggs, primary taks is building character and winning football games. Hopefully, they got this hire right.

The Kids & Ozen Community deserve that much. Tired of this thing called losing !

I agree, but first you have to quit hiring Losers :P 

Hopefully this gets us back on track

BISD finds a way to mess up again. 2-3 years from now Ozen will be looking for yet another head coach. How hard is it to hire a good head coach

*MOD EDIT* Watch the f-bombs, 1st warning.

Dude, what are you talking about? The good here outweighs the bad, truly. Yes, Suggs is a journeyman, but hopefully he stays a while again. And he is a winner, which is what Ozen Needs NOW. At this point, damn tomorrow. Focus on now.

Ozen landed a good one. He did nothing but flourish at Central. Coached Central to 2nd round of playoffs in 02. VERY good defensive team.

03 team at that time went the farthest at that time in Central history. 3 rounds and lost to the eventual state champs that year Bay City Black Cats. Jaguar Anthony Collins was wrecking shop ay defensive end and Olympic Track star Chopper Williams also played on defense.

I tell you one thing. From what I remember, the defense will be sound. But his offensive plays are VERY questionable.

He left Central for 5a jobs.. didn't do too good in Aldine Ike as he was in a tough district. He also failed miserable at Galveston Ball (then 5a). Ball's talent was depleted after the hurricanes. I forgot the other 5a jobs that he took, but its good to hear that he's back in Beaumont. Let's now see if he can sell this to the already talented kids @ Ozen...

I'll say this, I witnessed 1st hand Suggs regime at Central and he is a pretty solid coach. I never understood what he said about my stepson Ivory Williams when he only touched the football maybe 4 or 5 times a game that "It's not the Ivory 'Chopper' Williams show!" I think if he would have given him the ball more in'03 they may have had even more success that year. JMO, but I think his organizational skills, discipline & HC experience is probably what these young Panthers need! I know he's better than McGee! Lol