Best football program in Texas making moves again

I would love to argue with the title of this thread...but ultimately I can't.  Art Briles has simply done the unthinkable and made Baylor the best TEAM in the state.  I think they will be again this year, so it's hard to argue that the best team in consecutive years is not also the best program, especially as we speak.  And success tends to breed success.  I heard many times that Baylor would never enjoy the success they had under Grant Teaff.  This is still true but I don't think the people making those comments thought they would ever have a coach who surpassed him.  It truly is remarkable.

Just clarification for that other school who thinks they run the state but dont. That other school aint been to a BCS bowl since when? That other school wasn't relevant until who came thru?

#WRTS should be ran by Baylor until that other school can win without its money machine.

The University of Texas is my alma mater.  I bleed burnt orange.  I am a season ticket holder and have been for over a decade.  We were unquestionably, undisputedly, the best program in the State 4 years ago.  We are not now.  Will we be again?  Of course.  But how soon is the question.  I am afraid when I go to the Baylor game in Austin in a few months, they will show us once again that they, as of NOW, have the superior program.

@dallasnews: Baylor hopes recruiting room with snack bar, Xbox at new $260M stadium will wow top prospects http://d-news.co/yLByy http://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/485185079103488001/photo/1

Baylor is currently ranked 34th in recruiting for 2014 behind 3 other Texas schools. I guess that stadium isn't doing much wowing so far.

C'mon Mack! Your Aggie bias is on full display here... You are right, Baylor is still Baylor, yet what Art Briles is doing with this program is phenomenol! Baylor is competing on a level with a fraction of the resources that A&M or UT has. You gotta give a little credit here!

C'mon Mack! Your Aggie bias is on full display here... You are right, Baylor is still Baylor, yet what Art Briles is doing with this program is phenomenol! Baylor is competing on a level with a fraction of the resources that A&M or UT has. You gotta give a little credit here!

Briles is one of the top offensive minds in the country and no one can dispute that. My comment was about the "best program in Texas" and the new stadium "wowing" recruits. Recruiting rankings and Baylor decreasing the capacity of their stadium so they can actually fill it seem to disagree with both of those.

Just clarification for that other school who thinks they run the state but dont. That other school aint been to a BCS bowl since when? That other school wasn't relevant until who came thru?

#WRTS should be ran by Baylor until that other school can win without its money machine.

Sorry but he is talking about Texas A&M - if this discussion is about who is relevant and who is not then you may have a point.

Baylor is the best program in the state at this time - do I think that they will stay there - not really.  Briles has done wonders for the Bear program but the million dollar question is - can he do it year in and year out?  I have some doubts myself.

Texas - if they do not right the ship immediately they do have the likely scenario of dropping behind the Aggie's even if A&M does not win or play in a BCS game in the near future.

Some of us Aggie's that have at least a little common sense (and I do think that I am one) will not accept and do not agree that Texas A&M was irrelevant prior to the Johnny Football years.  A&M has been relevant to lesser degrees than say Texas since the 1990's - when they were arguably an equal program with Texas for at least a short time.  However, It is the complete dismissal of the Texas A&M program that some Texas fans (not all) have that makes me and a lot of Aggie's get defensive.

I am fully aware that Texas A&M to be considered one of the best programs in the state will have to compete every year in he SEC and start winning more of the games that they are not supposed to to keep their current national exposure - time will tell if they can.  But I will state again that they - in my opinion deserve a lot of credit for leaving the struggling Big 12 (at the time) and taking on the rigors of a SEC conference schedule.  If they can succeed in the SEC then they can and should become one of the premier teams in the state of Texas - but at this time they not there.

If A&M doesn't build a defense, they will not be competitive in the SEC. I really like Sumlin, but I do hope he finds a defense! What Strong does at UT is yet to be seen. I could see it going either way. As a proud Texan, I want both of these teams to be nationally prominent. Meanwhile Briles is at Baylor making chicken salad out of chicken droppings! Right now, given the limited resources, I see them as the best program in the State of Texas!

Briles does great with what he has.  As a Baylor grad, I can say I am proud of them.    But, you cant really compare the last couple of recruiting classes.  Baylor might have had the best team last year.   They are still getting ATM and UT leftovers, which doesn't make them the best PROGRAM.

Briles does great with what he has.  As a Baylor grad, I can say I am proud of them.    But, you cant really compare the last couple of recruiting classes.  Baylor might have had the best team last year.   They are still getting ATM and UT leftovers, which doesn't make them the best PROGRAM.

Baylor has had more kids drafted in the last 4 years than any other program in Texas. Guys like Cannon, Hall, Billings, and Williams aren't leftovers. Neither were their first round draft picks like RG3, Jason Smith, Danny Watkins, Phil Taylor, and Kendall Wright. Not to mention Josh Gordon who was the best receiver in the league last year plus Terrance Williams who's solid for the Cowboys.

Fact of the matter is that Briles recruits better to his system than any other coach in the state.