Why is Bob Stoops so angry with Texas A&M?

"Stoops was correct about Texas A&M's less-than-imposing non-conference slate of Lamar, Rice, SMU and Louisiana-Monroe. But he somehow failed to mention that, within the SEC, the Aggies will play no fewer than five teams that won at least 10 games last year."

If Stoops wanted to take issue with someone's non-conference schedule, he didn't have to look beyond Big 12 champion Baylor. The Bears will snack on SMU, Northwestern State and Buffalo.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/lie_about_the_sec_long_enough.html

Gig'em

"Stoops was correct about Texas A&M's less-than-imposing non-conference slate of Lamar, Rice, SMU and Louisiana-Monroe. But he somehow failed to mention that, within the SEC, the Aggies will play no fewer than five teams that won at least 10 games last year."

If Stoops wanted to take issue with someone's non-conference schedule, he didn't have to look beyond Big 12 champion Baylor. The Bears will snack on SMU, Northwestern State and Buffalo.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/lie_about_the_sec_long_enough.html

Gig'em

I posted this on another thread

Maybe we should compare strength of schedule w/Bob...

http://www.fbschedul...le-ncaa-method/

For those that don't want to look, A&M is #5...OU on the other hand it rated #93

^^^^^^^I have a long term memory problem - only game I remember is A&M 41 and Oklahoma 12 ;)

Yeah and Oklahoma's pre-conference schedule with the might powerhouses of LA Tech and Tulsa has us all in admiration of who they schedule.

All I can remember is 77-0. That game was brutal and sickening.

Stoops comments were towards Saban, but Ags got a mention and take it and run with it.....like the article is about them.

“Lamar, Rice, SMU, La-Monroe. Those are all a bunch of toughies"

He named A&M's entire non conference schedule, so I'm pretty sure he was talking about them. He forgot to mention that the Ags have the 5th toughest SOS in the country.

It's all a PR game with the new playoff. When your conference sucks, you are left with no other choice but to downgrade others. That is why half of the questions and comments at Big 12 media day were about the SEC.

“Lamar, Rice, SMU, La-Monroe. Those are all a bunch of toughies"
He named A&M's entire non conference schedule, so I'm pretty sure he was talking about them. He forgot to mention that the Ags have the 5th toughest SOS in the country.
It's all a PR game with the new playoff. When your conference sucks, you are left with no other choice but to downgrade others. That is why half of the questions and comments at Big 12 media day were about the SEC.

Kind of like when your team sucks and you have to spout off about your conference?

I did not know that the Longhorns spout off about the Big 12 - really what is there to spout off about ?

Nothing. That's why they stand on their own merits and not the merits of their conference foes. I don't remember aggies being so pro Big XII when they holding down the middle of the pack in that conference. Now, every conversation with an aggie is more about what the SEC has accomplished and not what they have accomplished. Just an observation.