Interesting bits from The Review - Top Story

thetragichippy

Let's refresh our memories in this thread. The comment that I made was about the article and its likelihood of it being wrong and rarely (in my opinion) is it ever true. In other words, I have little belief in its accusations. 

The mention of race was only brought up by bigcam in post #3. The terms race, whites, black, racist, African American, content of character and others were brought up. Hippy was called out to clarify his statement or beliefs.

In fact hippy made no statement and only copied/pasted a local website that claims to be "news".

I only responded to the post. I said such bad things as content of character does matter and we are talking about a federally convicted criminal. If you want to think that the US Justice Department falsified evidence or targeted someone and it is a scam, your are certainly free to feel that way. I still merely stated facts. 

In fact you made the comment:

.... bring up both Black and "Hood Card". Oops! I guess we forgot about that one but it may have only been a joke so it doesn't matter? I can imagine the response if I had said something like that. 

All that I have said in my posts is that race does not matter (like hippy, after being called out.. "So I ask TVC, are the scales balanced??") and listed reasons why I feel that way but Walker's pleading guilty does matter. Apparently some take that as offensive after I am asked a direct question. Again, feel free to think any way that you wish and not agree with me but please look back and see who brought up what. 

Again, hippy posted a political opinion from another website with no further comments of his own and I immediately (with the first response) said that the site rarely has any truth to it and it calls rumors as fact. If that is too difficult to comprehend, it is saying that I believe very little from the website unless I see something else other than his opinions. In other words, I did not accept the additional claims made by the website against Walker and possibly politicians without further proof as it is often wrong or skirts around the truth. 

Feel free to fact check the thread.  

And I posted because I found it interesting IF true......

Interesting because of how high it went in chain of politics......

I am no Phillip Klein fan. Anybody who's been on this board for any length of time knows that. His stories are often poorly researched and highly exaggerated.

That said, he may be on to something this time. Something much bigger than Calvin Walker. But, I still want to see it before I believe it.

I am no Phillip Klein fan. Anybody who's been on this board for any length of time knows that. His stories are often poorly researched and highly exaggerated.

That said, he may be on to something this time. Something much bigger than Calvin Walker. But, I still want to see it before I believe it.

I am no Klein fan either and he has a penchant for playing fast and loose with information (or the lack thereof).  Lets all be honest, the BISD situation is full of high emotion and has created a division of thought into two camps.  Now is not the time for hyperbole, name calling, stoking the fire and racial acromony!!  This will play out over time, and the hope of all of us should be that the facts and the truth will come out.  Those that are guilty of anything will be found guilty and appropriately punished.  Those that are innocent will be found so and exonerated.  No matter what side you are on, most likely you will be dissappointed somehow in the outcome.  What we need ( and I have little faith we will accomplish) is to all come together and do what is right for the public education of our youth so we give them a fighting chance to be as successful as they are motivated to be by giving them a quality education that will allow them to compete globally!!

I am no Klein fan either and he has a penchant for playing fast and loose with information (or the lack thereof).  Lets all be honest, the BISD situation is full of high emotion and has created a division of thought into two camps.  Now is not the time for hyperbole, name calling, stoking the fire and racial acromony!!  This will play out over time, and the hope of all of us should be that the facts and the truth will come out.  Those that are guilty of anything will be found guilty and appropriately punished.  Those that are innocent will be found so and exonerated.  No matter what side you are on, most likely you will be dissappointed somehow in the outcome.  What we need ( and I have little faith we will accomplish) is to all come together and do what is right for the public education of our youth so we give them a fighting chance to be as successful as they are motivated to be by giving them a quality education that will allow them to compete globally!!

That is the problem....the only sides should be right and wrong....yet you have people that want to bring up all kinds of excuses.......and past issues.....and even "our President"......

and one would think if they do follow the money trial and are able to recover some of it, and return it to the school district, that would be a good thing.....no matter who it came from

We tried that when we all came together and approved a huge bond issue.  I think that is what has everybody so upset.

We tried that when we all came together and approved a huge bond issue.  I think that is what has everybody so upset.

I would say that it is much much more than facilities and school buildings.  They now have pretty good facilities accross the board now.  The coming together means lets do what it takes to greatly improve what happens in the classroom and the quality of education these kids get.  Lets have the kind of focus and drive at the administration and teacher level to ensure kids actually learn!!  And lets teach them the core subjects of Math, English (Reading and Writing) and the sciences that make a difference in innovation and job creation.  And I am all for bilingual education.  Teach english speaking kids spanish and spanish speaking kids english!!