Deweyvillle 0 East Chambers 44 Final

WOSgrad

lol I think losing babin had something to do with Deweyvilles decline. They had a bunch of kids coming back but did also lose good kids like all winning programs. Before Babin they hadnt made the playoffs since the early 2000s i think. While he was there they won their first district title since 1985. Pretty salty. Sounds like their are some sour grapes in here.

lol I think losing babin had something to do with Deweyvilles decline. They had a bunch of kids coming back but did also lose good kids like all winning programs. Before Babin they hadnt made the playoffs since the early 2000s i think. While he was there they won their first district title since 1985. Pretty salty. Sounds like their are some sour grapes in here.

Wrong. Babin knew exactly when to leave. More times than not, what makes a good football coach is knowing what job to take...and then knowing when to take a different one.

Guest ECBucFan

I believe that last years EC coach moved to Deweyville. The EC kids wanted to show their old coach what he left?

No, not really any "motivation" at play to show anyone up. 

This was just simply a mismatch. Time to move on to game two.

Wrong. Babin knew exactly when to leave. More times than not, what makes a good football coach is knowing what job to take...and then knowing when to take a different one.

No im pretty sure I am right on everything I said. You are right that it was probably the right time to go but they returned 6 starters on D and 5 on offense and the Waldrup kid is healthy this year and that kid is a difference maker. 

Babin got a better offer at a better school. It's not a very complex situation.

It's ok. You don't get it. Let me explain.

Warren has a new school with nice facilities. So does Deweyville. Deweyville is historically terrible. So is Warren. Warren offered him more money. I guarantee you he could've got Deweyville to match it if he wanted to stay. I will say this...he will have more coaches at Warren. Which is huge. But there are other reasons obviously...let me think. Oh yeah, the best team in the history of the school graduated. Yep...he's outa there.

Better offer at a better school. Lol

Bone,
It's like you were there...because that is exactly what Lance did.

I got to know Lace pretty dang good in the short time he was at Kountze...the man loves kids and pours himself into his job...but it's not just a job to him it's a true love of the game and the kids. Not many like Lance. Deweyville is lucky to have him, hope folks in D-ville give him the chance the Deweyville kids deserve...IMO