Will Ray Rice Play in the NFL Again? Should He Play Again?

Why should he not be allowed back after serving a suspension... 2 guys that were convicted of intoxicated manslaughter were allowed back with no uproar... Hitting a woman is wrong and a terrible thing, but if you ban him then you have to ban everyone else who has done it... Whether it is a punch or a slap or whether it is behind closed doors or caught on camera, domestic violence is domestic violence...

Why should he not be allowed back after serving a suspension... 2 guys that were convicted of intoxicated manslaughter were allowed back with no uproar... Hitting a woman is wrong and a terrible thing, but if you ban him then you have to ban everyone else who has done it... Whether it is a punch or a slap or whether it is behind closed doors or caught on camera, domestic violence is domestic violence...

Works for me. He and every other NlFL criminal has the right to make a living. They have lost their right to earn NFL salaries.

Same is true for every other American that breaks the law.

Should he? No.

He should try punching a clock at a real job and not a woman. Playing in the NFL is not a right, it is a privilege. I would boot the whole bunch! Never strike a woman. Ever!

I feel you. And don't disagree. But if one of those rich white guys think he will help them make a buck, they will sign him. I'm betting it happens.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a contractor and part of me getting jobs is providing people that can pass a background check. Ray Rice couldn't pass 90% of the places i have work. the dream is over. he f'd it up up. time to join the real world. and to put it into perpesctive, i had a kid that failed a background to go to work because he had a misdemeanor assault when he was 18. he is an USMC Iraqi VET. servered 2 tours, has a distingueshed service medal( and i know he aint bs'n because i have one from Somolia and I pulled his record). he is 24 now and married with 3 kids but i cant put him to work right now beacause of a mistake he made 6 years ago. SO..........F.....RAY RICE.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a contractor and part of me getting jobs is providing people that can pass a background check. Ray Rice couldn't pass 90% of the places i have work. the dream is over. he f'd it up up. time to join the real world. and to put it into perpesctive, i had a kid that failed a background to go to work because he had a misdemeanor assault when he was 18. he is an USMC Iraqi VET. servered 2 tours, has a distingueshed service medal( and i know he aint bs'n because i have one from Somolia and I pulled his record). he is 24 now and married with 3 kids but i cant put him to work right now beacause of a mistake he made 6 years ago. SO..........F.....RAY RICE.

Rice was not charged with any crime as no charges were filed, He would pass your background check.

To those that are totally against Ray Rice now that the video surfaced, were you this angry/mad/judgemental when you first found out he hit his fiance? I am 100% against men hitting women and I am also in favor of him serving his consequence for it, but to sit here and say he should be banned for something that has gone on for a long time is crazy. If he is banned for hitting a woman, then everyone who has and will hit a woman should suffer the same consequence for it to be fair across the board.

Plenty of felons in the NFL. They aren't so discerning with their hiring practice.

And those background checks are wayyy too harsh. You can get a license to practice medicine or law with a misdemeanor record but you can't get a construction gig????

One of my favorite players was Warren Moon. After he beat his wife, he lost me as a fan.

The NFL has too many different levels of punishment for the same crime. When you don't treat everyone the same, it will eventually bite you in the arse.

Funny, I think someone will pick him up after he gets reinstated. The NFL keeps tarnishing their image by continuing to let criminals hang around. They're all millionaires. I have a problem feeling sorry for any of them losing their job.

He WILL be in the league by next season. I agree with baddog about the NFL image. However, apparently we are in the minority. It is by far the premiere league in the country and second in the world probably only to that soccer thing in Europe. However, Goodell should get run over this fiasco. You can't afford to have him at the helm protecting a multi-billion dollar product. He's been a train wreck since he took over.

I saw the video and it is bad! He should not have hit her, and her family and friends should take him out back and whoop his butt. However, she married him after this happened. If she apparently doesn't think it is bad enough to get away from him, then why is everyone else so against him?
Why should he lose his job because of a stupid decision that he made on his off time? There are rapists and murderers still playing! Is this really worse? If he loses his job in the NFL I bet his wife will be worse off then if he keeps playing. By all means we must save her by cutting off his huge paycheck and having him go to work as a ditch digger! That is her only hope now for happiness!

I saw the video and it is bad! He should not have hit her, and her family and friends should take him out back and whoop his butt. However, she married him after this happened. If she apparently doesn't think it is bad enough to get away from him, then why is everyone else so against him?
Why should he lose his job because of a stupid decision that he made on his off time? There are rapists and murderers still playing! Is this really worse? If he loses his job in the NFL I bet his wife will be worse off then if he keeps playing. By all means we must save her by cutting off his huge paycheck and having him go to work as a ditch digger! That is her only hope now for happiness!

So many others lose their job due to stupid comments or actions on their "off time" often arguing "freedom of speech" which does not apply. Naked pictures of teachers on-line....Donald Sterling comment in his own home...and the list is endless....

Gotta start somewhere. No time better than the present. How dumb is it to say, well he did it and got away with it, why can't I? The problem is not that Ray got suspended, it's that it hasn't been looked at as serious in the past....In fact, I think the all sports, youth, High School, College, and Professional should take the tuff stance starting today and clean up sports for good.

Violent and drug crimes are the norm among talented athletes at all levels...and they get away with it...protecting the all mighty win.......I vote it ALL ends now!

In fact, I kinda like the Yankee's rule of no long hair, ear rings...etc. You don't get to "express" yourself...you get to PERFORM as you're getting paid to do...period!