liltex, smokin baby and robanadana on Lake Falcon

robanadana

Three day trip we took down there the weekend of Oct. 24 - 26. Seven hour trip for me pulling the Ranger from Vidor but the highways are good all the way there. 59 South to Freer, turn onto TX 16 straight into Zapata. We stayed at the Beacon Lodge, which I recommend but only if a guys fishing trip; if you bring your wife stay at the Holiday Inn or Best Western. The sunsets were gorgeous! liltex and I fished together and smokin baby fished with his girlfriend. Fishing was slow at best due to the fact the Mexicans drew the lake down 18 inches in five days= suspended fish with lockjaw. What we did catch we caught on watermelon candy red wacky worms, carolina rigged caffeine shads and medium running shad crankbaits. Falcon is a very pretty lake with a lot of structure that normally produces great stringers so I am looking forward to a return trip (besides, I don't like it when a lake whips me). We felt safe the entire time we were there and the only people on the lake were Mexican fishermen (few) and guys like ourselves bass fishing. Beautiful place...highly recommend going.

• 2 months later...