Bill Cosby.

king

or maybe he did it?

Yes, maybe he did it and maybe not.  Just curious why this is all of a sudden becoming an issue.  Why not in closer to proximity to the time of the "alleged" incidents?  I wonder if we will hear that he bullied a kid 50 years  ago in high school or that he left a dog on the top of the roof of his car.  These "gems" give true insight to what a person is really all about, don't they?

i think it's possible that he had a pattern of doing this, and one person coming forward gave others the courage to come forward.  honestly, it would be a hard sell to say things like this about Bill Cosby.  But if several say it, it lends it credence.  But it could be a money grab as well.  it's going to be hard to prove anything this long after it allegedly happened.

i think it's possible that he had a pattern of doing this, and one person coming forward gave others the courage to come forward.  honestly, it would be a hard sell to say things like this about Bill Cosby.  But if several say it, it lends it credence.  But it could be a money grab as well.  it's going to be hard to prove anything this long after it allegedly happened.

That could very well be true.

I am not sure what the current stats are but I know that years ago when I went to a few schools to investigate sexual assaults, it was believed that only 1 in 8 assaults were ever reported. Some of those were not reported for several years. 

Let's not forget in the fairly recent past that we found out that a lot of members of the clergy were assaulting thousands of kids across the country and when it finally started going public, many kids came out maybe up to 20 years later. The Catholic church caught much of the heat but that was only publicly. They were not alone and I investigated and got convictions on other churches. 

There wasn't a lot of people rushing out to condemn the children that were assaulted and I think a lot of people were calling for the heads of many priests and other clergymen. Change it around to a celebrity and people are drawing sides based probably on their like or dislike of the parties involved.

Did Cosby use his status and money to assault women? Are the women trying for a money play?

I say toss a coin as both are good options but when unrelated victims start giving similar stories, in police work we call that a clue. I have no idea in this case what the accusations are so we will wait and see. 

That could very well be true.

I am not sure what the current stats are but I know that years ago when I went to a few schools to investigate sexual assaults, it was believed that only 1 in 8 assaults were ever reported. Some of those were not reported for several years. 

Let's not forget in the fairly recent past that we found out that a lot of members of the clergy were assaulting thousands of kids across the country and when it finally started going public, many kids came out maybe up to 20 years later. The Catholic church caught much of the heat but that was only publicly. They were not alone and I investigated and got convictions on other churches. 

There wasn't a lot of people rushing out to condemn the children that were assaulted and I think a lot of people were calling for the heads of many priests and other clergymen. Change it around to a celebrity and people are drawing sides based probably on their like or dislike of the parties involved.

Did Cosby use his status and money to assault women? Are the women trying for a money play?

I say toss a coin as both are good options but when unrelated victims start giving similar stories, in police work we call that a clue. I have no idea in this case what the accusations are so we will wait and see. 

Its easy to give a similar story when you have heard the other stories, duh.......

Of course he is conservative. That's not hard to tell. These "delayed" issues frequently arise for conservatives. As I said earlier, very similar to the Herman Cain incident. Hmmm- is this just a coincidence or is something/someone making these "coincidences" suddenly rear their ugly heads many years after they allegedly took place?

This is not an attack on conservatism.....

This is accusations of truth or about money......we will have to see how this all plays out.....

and NewTobie, refreshing to see you throwing some humor into your post!

And while this may may all be about money, it sure is strange he surrounded himself with children....