Refinery news

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Cuba, China, the dimocratic party, and unions: the last bastions of marxis/leninist ideologues left on earth......

So you think unions are marxis?

Do you like weekends off?
Benefits?
Overtime?

To make the statement that unions and the Democratic Party as marxis sounds like an uneducated, backwoods,
Uninformed person.

If I take the remark in context

So you think unions are marxis?

Do you like weekends off?
Benefits?
Overtime?

To make the statement that unions and the Democratic Party as marxis sounds like an uneducated, backwoods,
Uninformed person.

If I take the remark in context

I'm educated enough to know how to spell Marxist......and to know that unions formed from the direct influence of Karl Marx and his writings........unions and the dumbocrats along with Cuba and China are the last remaining bastions of Marxist ideology.....I stand by my words

I'm educated enough to know how to spell Marxist......and to know that unions formed from the direct influence of Karl Marx and his writings........unions and the dumbocrats along with Cuba and China are the last remaining bastions of Marxist ideology.....I stand by my words

I used your spelling, note your entry above.

My 12 hours of college History never put Marx and the IBEW/USW/ Texas State Teacher Assoc. etc...together.

I would think the union folks across SE Tx. Would take exception. Along with most of our elected officials (voted in by us). And the famous lawyer That lives up in your part of Texas who represents the USW.

Got my B.S and M.ED from Lamar. 1977 & 1983.

I used your spelling, note your entry above.

My 12 hours of college History never put Marx and the IBEW/USW/ Texas State Teacher Assoc. etc...together.

I would think the union folks across SE Tx. Would take exception. Along with most of our elected officials (voted in by us). And the famous lawyer That lives up in your part of Texas who represents the USW.

Got my B.S and M.ED from Lamar. 1977 & 1983.

damn typos...ruined a good sarcastic rant...... :lol:

Your marxist professor didn't want to show you the connections......

I could care less what union commies think or take exception to .......or any of the puppet politicians and ambulance chasing lawyers.......they can all kiss my rear end.....

B. S. from SFA in 1991........

damn typos...ruined a good sarcastic rant...... :lol:

Your marxist professor didn't want to show you the connections......

I could care less what union commies think or take exception to .......or any of the puppet politicians and ambulance chasing lawyers.......they can all kiss my rear end.....

B. S. from SFA in 1991........

I am new to this site.I thought you were being serious!!! Union commies!!!!!!! That's a good one!

I now see your humor thanks for the laugh☺☺

Unions were needed back in the day. I personally don't think they are as useful or powerful as they once were and don't think they are needed with todays laws.....

With that said, I still would never cross a picket line out of respect.

I also wish a speedy negotiation so everyone can get back to work!

Unions were needed back in the day. I personally don't think they are as useful or powerful as they once were and don't think they are needed with todays laws.....

With that said, I still would never cross a picket line out of respect.

I also wish a speedy negotiation so everyone can get back to work!

I believe that they are not needed nearly as much and they certainly aren't as powerful. 

I also believe that non-union salaries are related to union salaries since most industries can unionize. It is one thing to say that companies today do not abuse their workers "as bad" and pay a more deserved salary but it is different to say that those companies would be that accommodating if unions ceased to exist or be legal. I don't believe for a minute that all companies or industries are nearly as concerned for their employees as they are for profits. That is the way it should be as they are in the business of making moneyarrow-10x10.png, AKA capitalism. It also means that without the right to get together as a group, companies with huge work forces would probably care less of disgruntled employees or working conditions. 

I believe that they are not needed nearly as much and they certainly aren't as powerful.

I also believe that non-union salaries are related to union salaries since most industries can unionize. It is one thing to say that companies today do not abuse their workers "as bad" and pay a more deserved salary but it is different to say that those companies would be that accommodating if unions ceased to exist or be legal. I don't believe for a minute that all companies or industries are nearly as concerned for their employees as they are for profits. That is the way it should be as they are in the business of making moneyarrow-10x10.png, AKA capitalism. It also means that without the right to get together as a group, companies with huge work forces would probably care less of disgruntled employees or working conditions.

Spot on, unfortunately this is also the reason so many companies have moved out of the country.

a very close family member was working in the new york, not nyc, and had a union meeting. He said the union got a lot of things they wanted so he asked his boss why they never told these other guys in the meeting no and asked who they even were. He was told "those are guys you don't say no to very much unless you are looking for a way out, permanently...." WOW lol

a very close family member was working in the new york, not nyc, and had a union meeting. He said the union got a lot of things they wanted so he asked his boss why they never told these other guys in the meeting no and asked who they even were. He was told "those are guys you don't say no to very much unless you are looking for a way out, permanently...." WOW lol

Could be why unions are strong in Vegas.

The leadership should come out and address this issue as well as send a message to their people that this is not to be tolerated.

It is hard to support them when these things occur.

I understand bad things happen in all groups - democrats, republicans, religious, etc...- all of which should be punishable to the fullest.

Sad

The leadership should come out and address this issue as well as send a message to their people that this is not to be tolerated.

It is hard to support them when these things occur.

I understand bad things happen in all groups - democrats, republicans, religious, etc...- all of which should be punishable to the fullest.

Sad

so they should come out and lie? we all know these type of actions are tolerated and even ordered from higher ups. they will protect their people no matter what they have done or who they have shot.

Usually anytime someone hears a firework go off they are on FB claiming gunshots

In that forum? Yes

I looked at the photos of the crime scene the morning of the shooting. I wasn't going to say anything publicly unless the department that jurisdiction released the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how those 11 workers that crossed the picket line earlier this week feel about the agreement happening so soon after they went back to work.

http://m.usw.org/news/media-center/releases/2015/usw-reaches-tentative-agreement-with-oil-industry-agreement-with-shell-sets-pattern-for-industry

Don't work for a union (not in a line of work for one) but I assume might have been a decision where there was no alternative. Oil industry isn't just booming right now and food needed to be put on the table

• 2 weeks later...