2015 Houston Astros.

Isn't part of the reason they start guys off down there is because it keeps that clock from starting if they aren't on the opening day roster so they will have their rights for an extra year? I was listening to 97.5 the other day and they were talking about it.

That is correct. The number of games they must play in the minors to start the season off is usually different on a player to player basis but it is all about saving money for the team. The kid from the Cubs organization,  Bryant, is a perfect example of this.

Appel and Correa aren't ready for the bigs right now...they need a little more seasoning...don't be shocked to see them come September though if all goes well. Singleton was called up last year so his "clock" started then but he signed an extension anyways so that basically voids the reason players are held in the minors.

Now the Kris Bryant thing is crazy...kid should be starting opening day for Chicago. They will probably be a pretty good squad this year but I will laugh if the keep him down to gain an extra year and miss the playoffs by a game or 2 that he could have helped win...of course I still just don't like the Cubs too...

Stros are on pace to score 162 runs this season.....

Now they are on track to score over 400.

Just saw some old J.R. Richard clips from an All Star game. He was totally awesome and the one pitcher that Tony Gwen most dreaded. He could hold 7 baseballs in one hand. He was 6' 7" and was clocked at over 100 mph. His most effective pitch was his 95 mph slider. Something every baseball fan should YouTube......highlights of J.R. Richard.

I'm just getting back into watching the Astros. Haven't been able to get them on tv till this season. Still trying to learn all the players so bear with me.

Angels just tied it up at 2.

Wait till Carter, George Springer and Evan Gattis start hitting with power. They have hit only 2 HR's between them with 4 RBI. We know they will get untracked soon. Jose Altuve has hit one more home run than Carter, but am sure that won't be the case at the end of the season.