Sandra Bland/Waller County

@abc13houston: New video shows arrest of woman who died at Waller Co Jail; family, friends suspect foul play:

This is the hidden content, please

@wsvn: Woman found dead in Texas jail was excited about new chapter

#SandraBland

@CBSDFW: Officer who conducted #SandraBland traffic stop has been assigned to admin duty. Texas Rangers also say video will be shared w/public ASAP

@12NewsNow: BREAKING: @TxDPS says prelim review of #SandraBland traffic stop found violations of dept procedures &courtesy policy

Not sure this is going to end well for some folks. 

@abc13houston: New video shows arrest of woman who died at Waller Co Jail; family, friends suspect foul play:

@wsvn: Woman found dead in Texas jail was excited about new chapter

#SandraBland

@CBSDFW: Officer who conducted #SandraBland traffic stop has been assigned to admin duty. Texas Rangers also say video will be shared w/public ASAP

@12NewsNow: BREAKING: @TxDPS says prelim review of #SandraBland traffic stop found violations of dept procedures &courtesy policy

Not sure this is going to end well for some folks. 

Wonder where the POTUS has been,  no word on this yet from him?

Her being excited about her near future might be seen as a reason to believe that it was not suicide but it is also a reason for suicide. That is particularly true if it was a person with no criminal record and being in jail for a felony.

A person that worked to get to a point in life and then have it crashing down, potentially with no future (due to felony record and possible prison time), is a prime candidate to end it all.

It really doesn't mean anything one way or the other but people will be quick to point out that it could not be suicide due to a bright future but that can be just the opposite. I know in some jail interviews/screenings they ask questions about standing in the community, prior record, future plants, etc., to determine suicide risk. The same reason that some people will draw the conclusion that it could not be suicide can be the reason for suicide. 

This will likely be an autopsy case. The cause of death as proven by the autopsy will go a long way into proving the case and not suspicion or innuendo. Hopefully the area around the cell had video. 

Her being excited about her near future might be seen as a reason to believe that it was not suicide but it is also a reason for suicide. That is particularly true if it was a person with no criminal record and being in jail for a felony.

A person that worked to get to a point in life and then have it crashing down, potentially with no future (due to felony record and possible prison time), is a prime candidate to end it all.

It really doesn't mean anything one way or the other but people will be quick to point out that it could not be suicide due to a bright future but that can be just the opposite. I know in some jail interviews/screenings they ask questions about standing in the community, prior record, future plants, etc., to determine suicide risk. The same reason that some people will draw the conclusion that it could not be suicide can be the reason for suicide. 

This will likely be an autopsy case. The cause of death as proven by the autopsy will go a long way into proving the case and not suspicion or innuendo. Hopefully the area around the cell had video. 

In this article seems like they do. 

@wfaachannel8: Texas: Trooper in traffic stop violated policy

In this article seems like they do. 

@wfaachannel8: Texas: Trooper in traffic stop violated policy

​I just read that on one of the articles. I also just read that she did a video about being depressed and having PTSD. 

One of the witnesses said that the woman was telling the officers to get their "so and so" hands off of her. It seems like that the "so and so" was some form of profanity and it also implies that she was resisting. 

No matter what the outcome of this, when is anyone going to convince people that you lawfully cannot fight with or resist the police. Almost no one is injured if they do not offer some resistance or aggression. No matter if the amount of force that any officer responds with is justified, the best solution is simply not offer a reason for an officer to use force. 

​I just read that on one of the articles. I also just read that she did a video about being depressed and having PTSD. 

One of the witnesses said that the woman was telling the officers to get their "so and so" hands off of her. It seems like that the "so and so" was some form of profanity and it also implies that she was resisting. 

No matter what the outcome of this, when is anyone going to convince people that you lawfully cannot fight with or resist the police. Almost no one is injured if they do not offer some resistance or aggression. No matter if the amount of force that any officer responds with is justified, the best solution is simply not offer a reason for an officer to use force. 

This is usually how these things go.  Don't follow police orders, become belligerent and combative, get arrested and blame it on the cops. As I've said before, do what the hell you're told by the cops and the majority of these incidences would not end like this.  But once again, it will be the cops fault that this woman is dead.

He had already spoke....... He said he has no other information to say it is not anything other than suicide......

​yea I seen that, something fishy about that guy, his name rings a bell for some reason. I'll figure it out later. 

php​​

I thought his name was familiar, I ran across that weird story years back in Alaska. Went to TDCJ Academy with some folks from that area near there (Hockley)…..good ppl.

Didnt know you could get fired as police chief then become a sheriff. They might wanna check on their inmates it seems. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
Found original article that I read

php​​

I thought his name was familiar, I ran across that weird story years back in Alaska. Went to TDCJ Academy with some folks from that area near there (Hockley)…..good ppl.

Didnt know you could get fired as police chief then become a sheriff. They might wanna check on their inmates it seems. 

​A police chief is hired and so can be fired without cause because the mayor or city manager no longer likes him/her.

A sheriff is elected by the people and previous history has no bearing as long as the state law has not pulled a person's authority to be a police officer. A felony conviction for example would keep someone from being a police officer (whether rookie patrolman or the sheriff). 

​A police chief is hired and so can be fired without cause because the mayor or city manager no longer likes him/her.

A sheriff is elected by the people and previous history has no bearing as long as the state law has not pulled a person's authority to be a police officer. A felony conviction for example would keep someone from being a police officer (whether rookie patrolman or the sheriff). 

​ahhhh, thx. 

Wow BG, I'm impressed with your memory, or is it your computer skills?  Either way - I can't remember, and I'm better writing on cave walls with charcoal than using a computer. Glad you young people will be able to step in when I'm eating Bar-B-Q in heaven lol. 

​both. I blame the new-age toys, had a flip-phone and old school desktop computer when I read that original story back then, times changed since then, I think. :)

One last thing, my girlfriends mother in high school committed suicide, one of my sons friends committed suicide, and I've had friends that knew of someone that have commited suicide....... Not one of them have ever said, yeah I saw that coming.

So her family's reaction does not surprise me 

Wow BG, I'm impressed with your memory, or is it your computer skills?  Either way - I can't remember, and I'm better writing on cave walls with charcoal than using a computer. Glad you young people will be able to step in when I'm eating Bar-B-Q in heaven lol. 

​Charcoal???

Come on REBgp, you gotta move into the high-tech world...get some chalk, :)

Looks like she was belligerent with the officers, possibly assaulted one of them, and resisted arrest.  During that time, one of the officers did something that got him in trouble, perhaps overreacting to her being a jackass.  People seem to think that it's completely acceptable to disrespect, disregard, or disobey officers, and then blame those officers for overreacting to this (in very rare instances).  While this reaction is not acceptable, both parties are culpable.  

That being said, the Internet is having a hard time separating two different incidents.  The prevailing theory seems to be that she was completely innocent, arrested without cause, and then murdered in her cell 3 days later for unknown reasons.  I don't think I need to explain the holes in this narrative.  As best I can tell, she had a chip on her shoulders when it came to police, got belligerent when pulled over for an arrestable defense, made a cop lose his cool a little (leading to his reprimand), and was put in jail legitimately.  There are cameras outside her cell that reportedly show nobody entering/leaving her cell during the time of her death that have been turned over to the FBI.  I'm not sure what sounds so fishy about someone with a history of PTSD and depression killing themselves while sitting in jail on a felony charge that will likely lose them their new dream job before it even started, but with the media's new habit of indicting law enforcement it would certainly appear that many folks are taking the bait.

Looks like she was belligerent with the officers, possibly assaulted one of them, and resisted arrest.  During that time, one of the officers did something that got him in trouble, perhaps overreacting to her being a jackass.  People seem to think that it's completely acceptable to disrespect, disregard, or disobey officers, and then blame those officers for overreacting to this (in very rare instances).  While this reaction is not acceptable, both parties are culpable.  

That being said, the Internet is having a hard time separating two different incidents.  The prevailing theory seems to be that she was completely innocent, arrested without cause, and then murdered in her cell 3 days later for unknown reasons.  I don't think I need to explain the holes in this narrative.  As best I can tell, she had a chip on her shoulders when it came to police, got belligerent when pulled over for an arrestable defense, made a cop lose his cool a little (leading to his reprimand), and was put in jail legitimately.  There are cameras outside her cell that reportedly show nobody entering/leaving her cell during the time of her death that have been turned over to the FBI.  I'm not sure what sounds so fishy about someone with a history of PTSD and depression killing themselves while sitting in jail on a felony charge that will likely lose them their new dream job before it even started, but with the media's new habit of indicting law enforcement it would certainly appear that many folks are taking the bait.

Of course it sounds fishy, it was a black person.  You know it's gonna be viewed as strictly the fault of the POlice.  Once again, if you do as instructed, none of this prolly happens and the lady is still alive.

The trooper is reported to be under investigation for a "courtesy" violation. In other words, he might have been rude to her or used bad language. It was probably seen on camera incidental to the investigation. 

I likely has nothing to do with the death. 

Someone with ptsd committing suicide seems like the most reasonable outcome to this situation. You shouldnt be surprised if a person battling depression attempt to kill themself.

Wonder why the "community activists" and protesters can't seem to see it you're way?  Has to get made a big deal because it happened after she was arrested.

The trooper is reported to be under investigation for a "courtesy" violation. In other words, he might have been rude to her or used bad language. It was probably seen on camera incidental to the investigation. 

I likely has nothing to do with the death. 

It ABSOLUTELY has nothing to do with her death, unless we find out that the trooper went to the jail and suffocated her with a plastic bag. 

It's a shame the young lady took her life, and that her family is having to suffer.  I'm certainly no Dr. but you'd think with all the advancements in medicine, they could do more for depression.  Perhaps the chemistry & workings of the brain is a tough nut to crack. 

Also a shame that the Officer and his family are having to go through their ordeal. 

Lastly, a shame that so much misinformation and conjecture  gets put on the Internet and is taken as fact by so many people.  

Wonder why the "community activists" and protesters can't seem to see it you're way?  Has to get made a big deal because it happened after she was arrested.

I honestly think that some people hope  that she was murdered.  A suicide is just a tragedy. A murder is a call to arms and a cause. 

Beside the death of a woman, the other tragedy is the family having to believe that she was wrongfully killed and likely not ever accepting the fact that she may have taken her own life.  Even if after a thorough investigation by the FBI and the Texas Rangers shows evidence conclusively that she was a victim of suicide, the family will still probably not accept it because they have been filled with distrust.