Since PA Basketball is a headline I got a ?

How does Memorial not have a consistent showing to regional and state finals in basketball given that they are a combination of Lincoln, TJ, and SFA?   We all know what Lincoln had as far as talent, but TJ and SFA had some superior athletes as well.  So what has happened to all the talent? 

How does Memorial not have a consistent showing to regional and state finals in basketball given that they are a combination of Lincoln, TJ, and SFA?   We all know what Lincoln had as far as talent, but TJ and SFA had some superior athletes as well.  So what has happened to all the talent? 

​whats basketball? Is it that ball that has 8 laces? 

​Region III 6A is mighty tough.

The proper program hasn't been established yet(in my opinion) Lincoln made it look easy, but the Success we had took a lot of hard work, kids honored their commitment to the Team. Not a lot of transferring back then, no AAU lies being told; $old. A solid program starts at the Elementary age. There is tons of Talent in PA, unfortunately talent alone doesn't  win many games; or big games. Too much focus has been trying to force our Past on these kids, they must forge their own identity to be able to identify with their past. Can't know who you're going to be until you realize who you are. JMO

The proper program hasn't been established yet(in my opinion) Lincoln made it look easy, but the Success we had took a lot of hard work, kids honored their commitment to the Team. Not a lot of transferring back then, no AAU lies being told; $old. A solid program starts at the Elementary age. There is tons of Talent in PA, unfortunately talent alone doesn't  win many games; or big games. Too much focus has been trying to force our Past on these kids, they must forge their own identity to be able to identify with their past. Can't know who you're going to be until you realize who you are. JMO

I asked this question in a conversation a few weeks ago.  This is the best answer I have heard.

​Region III 6A is mighty tough.

​Understandably So....  so was Lincolns road easy?  I agree with what bigcam had to say.  Is 2 rounds deep a success in the community's eyes....I doubt it.  They ve been spoiled by Lincoln's hay days.  Even TJ made it to state in 2000 beating Ozen and later Lincoln in regional. 

Buckets, in no way will i claim to have the correct answers, but I will try to give insight to this particular Thread(thanks for making my comments look valid)

PA Lincoln had what these kids nowadays call "SWAG".  We won many games because of FEAR, Teams were scared to play us. Once these kids learn that the game is more mental, then will they begin to move Mountains. Our Lincoln Teams took pride in the Tradition, we grew up wanting to be a Bumblebee. Kids today don't really care where they play; as long as they play. Most that played in our Lincoln  Program would rather Die than be seen in any other Uniform. Our Coach showed more interest in us other than just Basketball. If i run into Coach Gamble anytime(I see him maybe twice a yr) he remembers my Wife & All of my kids names. Many have heard the stories of Coach Gamble, but if you didn't play for him, it's hard to Grasp how Great a Coach he is, but he's a Greater human being. In no way am I saying he is Perfect, but when it came to knowing his Personnel, I haven't met any Coach that could bring out the Best in a player than Coach James Gamble. Lastly, a Head Coach is only as good as his STAFF. One of our ASST Coaches was James Knowles, many don't know he was our Big Man Coach at Lincoln. Harry Gunner was our Freshman Coach, Odis Norris(current Ozen principal/former Buna HS) was our JV Coach, ALL who had tenure at Lincoln before leaving to go on to do great things later in their lives.  I volunteer Coach young kids in Basketball & I've even trained one of my Sons in football since 5th grade(now currently on Full Scholarship @ Lamar Univ) under the same principles I learned at Lincoln HS. Nobody will take you serious if you don't believe in yourself.

Food for thought: I was a 6'5" Center & I played on the ball at the top of our press. Coaches quit allowing your athletic Bigs to just defend the Basket, allow that athlete to utilize ALL of his/her talents. My Senior yr our front court was 6'5', 6'6"  & our 2 Guard was 6'5"   Who would want some of that??

The kid started maybe 10 games then had issues off the court and once district started he played maybe 6 minutes a game. With as good as this freshman class of PA is, he wouldn't of played even if he did all the right things. That kid was a no factor in PA. 

I like how everything on this site when it comes to transfers and move ins Nederland is always the first brought up. If PA wants to really point fingers, how many players has Beaumont (KELLY) taken from PA in the past. Way more than Nederland........

The kid started maybe 10 games then had issues off the court and once district started he played maybe 6 minutes a game. With as good as this freshman class of PA is, he wouldn't of played even if he did all the right things. That kid was a no factor in PA. 

I like how everything on this site when it comes to transfers and move ins Nederland is always the first brought up. If PA wants to really point fingers, how many players has Beaumont (KELLY) taken from PA in the past. Way more than Nederland........

Just saying.  He would have gotten some minutes for PAM's freshman team had he stayed.  And I am aware of the issues.  Still the most talented player on that Nederland freshman team, or so I was told. 

Just saying.  He would have gotten some minutes for PAM's freshman team had he stayed.  And I am aware of the issues.  Still the most talented player on that Nederland freshman team, or so I was told.

​I am surprised that you think Memorial will challenge Silsbee for local supremacy over the next few years.  I had the impression you thought Silsbee would be head and shoulders above everyone else in the area.

​I am surprised that you think Memorial will challenge Silsbee for local supremacy over the next few years.  I had the impression you thought Silsbee would be head and shoulders above everyone else in the area.

Nah, just HJ ;)

Actually, I look for HJ to be one of the better teams in the area as long as that coach of theirs is around. Which I presume will be for a long time...