Baytown Junior High Football

BlackShirts5

Ok guys its almost getting to be that time again.  For those of us here what are you expecting from your schools.  I have 2 playing now. 1 8th grader and 1 7th grade.  I think our 8th grade team has a chance to be decent. finish in the 2-3 spot. I dont think they will have it all together to put a run together.  I have no idea about the 7th grade. They have a few coming up but not sure what all they have yet.  

Chime in everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys its almost getting to be that time again.  For those of us here what are you expecting from your schools.  I have 2 playing now. 1 8th grader and 1 7th grade.  I think our 8th grade team has a chance to be decent. finish in the 2-3 spot. I dont think they will have it all together to put a run together.  I have no idea about the 7th grade. They have a few coming up but not sure what all they have yet.

Chime in everyone.

Jus an FYI, Gentry and CBJ have their schedules up on the GCCISD website. Nothing for Highands yet. Ya'll play us on 9/29, and CBJ on 10/20.

Edited by John Blutarsky

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been able to make it to a practice yet but from what I hear the 8th grade team returned intact so they should be pretty good again this year. I heard the 7th grade team may be a little weak but then again I heard that last year about this 8th grade squad and they turned out pretty good.

Don't listen to Buddy, GCM has a strong freshman class this year and the 8th graders going in next year are just going to make them stronger. Gentry's top running back is zoned for GCM (unless he applies for one of the academys) so they're going to be tough in a couple of years. I look for a slight drop off next year, followed by a steady rise in play for the next 4 or 5 years.

No disrespect Buddy, but I hope your mailboxes get stuffed with junk mail. lol. Maybe some of those Port Arthur Atheletes need to move away from that sinking ship and head this way to a program on the rise. In fact I'll start stock piling mail boxes here in Baytown. P.O. Box P8 3 oughts #1

I haven't been able to make it to a practice yet but from what I hear the 8th grade team returned intact so they should be pretty good again this year. I heard the 7th grade team may be a little weak but then again I heard that last year about this 8th grade squad and they turned out pretty good.

Don't listen to Buddy, GCM has a strong freshman class this year and the 8th graders going in next year are just going to make them stronger. Gentry's top running back is zoned for GCM (unless he applies for one of the academys) so they're going to be tough in a couple of years. I look for a slight drop off next year, followed by a steady rise in play for the next 4 or 5 years.

No disrespect Buddy, but I hope your mailboxes get stuffed with junk mail. lol. Maybe some of those Port Arthur Atheletes need to move away from that sinking ship and head this way to a program on the rise. In fact I'll start stock piling mail boxes here in Baytown. P.O. Box P8 3 oughts #1

ha!  If those GCISD want a football scholarship then they should head over here. ;)

Which one is this?  We as in our now 8th grade team lost 1 bad game last year and that was to Gentry. We had a strong defense.. that being said they changed our defensive formation to a well one I dont think will be to good on the Jr high level..  Cant wait to see how it goes.

Can't remember the name and number, I'll have to ask my boys. In fact, I'm thinking the top two running backs as well as the QB are zoned for GCM as well. Again the whole academy thing can change things.

After talking to my boys, I am correct. Gentry's starting QB and #1 RB are currently zoned for GCM. Their #2 RB is also currently zoned for GCM but I heard he is switching to WR. I can also see the QB swiching to RB in high school. Of course this may change if the schools are rezoned or if any of these kids applies to one of the academies at another school.

Well after our 7th game scrimmage vs Baytown Jr last night I feel good about the HJS 7th grade team..  I will say this Baytown Jr 7A will be tough. They have alot of size on the online but not very good at blocking.. Their Qb and Rb is pretty dang big.  If either get to the out  side they have the speed to take it to the house. We lack some size at the skill positions but we should be ok.  Interesting to see how the 7th A standings play out.

I wonder when the Crosby, Dayton, and BH crowd are gonna join us.

BH North 8A lost to Horace Mann 30-14 I believe.  We moved the ball okay but lost 4-5 fumbles.  Horace Mann had 2 very quick backs that gave us trouble, though they were fun to watch.  One of their runs went for 10 yards officially but was probably close to 80-90 yards as he kept changing direction and spinning out of tackles.

Our 8B team lost also by a similar amount.

I was told Gentry 8A won their game against BH south as well. Not sure of the score but he believed it was 30 something to a one digit number. If anyone knows for sure please post.

Next up for Gentry, Horace Mann. Sounds like it ought to be a good one based on your description BH85.

Edited by John Blutarsky

I was told Gentry 8A won their game against BH south as well. Not sure of the score but he believed it was 30 something to a one digit number. If anyone knows for sure please post.

Next up for Gentry, Horace Mann. Sounds like it ought to be a good one based on your description BH85.

Judging by what Gentry had last year on 7A, they should be okay.  They have to speed to stay up with the HM's top backs.

I think Gentry 8A will take HM 8A no problem..  Next up for HJS we have BH North. I think our Defensive line is going to cause some fits for alot of teams this year.