HEY CROSBY

Hahah. I extended my bet to this thread.  How long until a poster east of Crosby complains about how many threads we start about how great we are.  Silliness continues.  Can't wait until yall can argue actual score boards and inches from 1st downs.  

Crosby's best year=2009 undefeated champs in dist,28-0 Dayt thrashing,lost by 6 in 3rd rd to highly state ranked P.Dawson.This new code after Flan will last till talent dries up.It takes a bit of luck,some turnovers,timely xfers,and favorable match-ups for deep run magic.All this New & buildin & xfers that may soon equal D1 route,if you haven't scrimmaged/played pre-season vs a good 5a/6a squad then you don't know where your program really sits vs Big Schools.Scrimm Willis 3 bi-dist wins in 68 years,4a Huffman 3 bi-dist wins in 30 yrs.Play a FW,Elkins,Aldine Ike caliber or better give your ole Flan a call put WB on a schedule,I'm pretty sure he'd be on point

Ok Crosby fans!   You made me a believer.  And how you may ask?  Your silence.   Put the Vidor smack to get y'all started, but you're so convinced the Cougars are gonna roll, didn't take the bait.   Now I'm convinced.  

Crosby's best year=2009 undefeated champs in dist,28-0 Dayt thrashing,lost by 6 in 3rd rd to highly state ranked P.Dawson.This new code after Flan will last till talent dries up.It takes a bit of luck,some turnovers,timely xfers,and favorable match-ups for deep run magic.All this New & buildin & xfers that may soon equal D1 route,if you haven't scrimmaged/played pre-season vs a good 5a/6a squad then you don't know where your program really sits vs Big Schools.Scrimm Willis 3 bi-dist wins in 68 years,4a Huffman 3 bi-dist wins in 30 yrs.Play a FW,Elkins,Aldine Ike caliber or better give your ole Flan a call put WB on a schedule,I'm pretty sure he'd be on point

Crosby plays Angleton and Ned in the preseason last two years. Before that we had Ned and Willis for two years. Prior to that we had PNG, Dawson, and Montgomery of which the last two are now 6A. Prior to that we had Ennis and Atascosita on the schedule. You'll be hard pressed to find a stronger non-district schedule than that. I think Crosby is going to have some even bigger non-district games the next alignment though. 

• 1 month later...

Crosby plays Angleton and Ned in the preseason last two years. Before that we had Ned and Willis for two years. Prior to that we had PNG, Dawson, and Montgomery of which the last two are now 6A. Prior to that we had Ennis and Atascosita on the schedule. You'll be hard pressed to find a stronger non-district schedule than that. I think Crosby is going to have some even bigger non-district games the next alignment though. 

Crosby has always had a tough non district schedule....Crosby has been successful since Haynes and Flan man made it better Just had to play a different Division in the playoffs...I think yall are missing the big fact of why Crosby went so deep last year had to do with going D-II... If Kingwood Park does not get the 4 seed Crosby is out the Second round... Just like C.E. King that beat Crosby last year.  Big difference between D-I and D-II..Crosby better hope KP gets in again and C.E. King is not affected by the two kids that moved to Crosby... If one of these teams dont make the playoffs... I dont see a deep run in this years playoffs...#plusone will be more line #minusthree.

Crosby has always had a tough non district schedule....Crosby has been successful since Haynes and Flan man made it better Just had to play a different Division in the playoffs...I think yall are missing the big fact of why Crosby went so deep last year had to do with going D-II... If Kingwood Park does not get the 4 seed Crosby is out the Second round... Just like C.E. King that beat Crosby last year.  Big difference between D-I and D-II..Crosby better hope KP gets in again and C.E. King is not affected by the two kids that moved to Crosby... If one of these teams dont make the playoffs... I dont see a deep run in this years playoffs...#plusone will be more line #minusthree.

1. The two kids from King are not playing for Crosby.

2. New kid on the block that is much improved, New Caney.

3. CE King still has the best RB/QB combo imo in the district, they will be fine.

4. Some years D1 is tougher, some years D2.  You play who is put in front of you, handle what you can handle.  I must be missing the D1/D2 thing with where they are ranked this year.

1. The two kids from King are not playing for Crosby.

2. New kid on the block that is much improved, New Caney.

3. CE King still has the best RB/QB combo imo in the district, they will be fine.

4. Some years D1 is tougher, some years D2.  You play who is put in front of you, handle what you can handle.  I must be missing the D1/D2 thing with where they are ranked this year.

i thought  the only way crosby would go d1 is if dayton and bh both make the playoffs? 

the kids are not playing YET... they will I am sure as soon as it gets voted on by District or UIL.

I would not be to sure about C.E. King yet.. took a butt whoopin to Magnolia last week...

Almost all years D-1 is tougher... You are right.. you play who they put infront of you.. It helps you win when the team that they put infront of you is not that good...

RANKINGS DONT MEAN CRAP!!! Especially this early.. a lot has to do with what you did last year and who you know... 

the kids are not playing YET... they will I am sure as soon as it gets voted on by District or UIL.

I would not be to sure about C.E. King yet.. took a butt whoopin to Magnolia last week...

Almost all years D-1 is tougher... You are right.. you play who they put infront of you.. It helps you win when the team that they put infront of you is not that good...

RANKINGS DONT MEAN CRAP!!! Especially this early.. a lot has to do with what you did last year and who you know... 

So why do you think D1 is tougher most years?  

The UIL already ruled the students that moved from King inelligible at the district and state level. Fact. They have already left the school and from what I understand are enrolling in a private school. That part is hearsay though. 

numbers.. yea you might get 1 or 2 teams in D-II that are really good but overall there are more competitive teams in D-I.. yall should know that.. Ex. 2009.. Crosby loses in 3rd round in D-I to Dawson (State runner up).. Dayton goes to 4th in D-II. .

Part of what you're saying is true but the other part is really a variable.  The example you gave is perfect. The higher the enrollment, the more talent there is and usually a better team. That part is true.

However, in '12 and '13 D2 was the tougher route in 5A. If you look at the current AP poll Cedar Park, Crosby, Ennis, Aledo and Mansfield are all D2 teams the majority of the time. 

5A is so evenly matched though, especially in region 3, that that type of logic doesn't really apply as much as it does to other classes. 

Part of what you're saying is true but the other part is really a variable.  The example you gave is perfect. The higher the enrollment, the more talent there is and usually a better team. That part is true.

However, in '12 and '13 D2 was the tougher route in 5A. If you look at the current AP poll Cedar Park, Crosby, Ennis, Aledo and Mansfield are all D2 teams the majority of the time. 

5A is so evenly matched though, especially in region 3, that that type of logic doesn't really apply as much as it does to other classes. 

I love how you throw Crosby with those schools. Haven't been past the second round since 09 with the exception of last year.... Also I don't see your logic when the team that beat you last year loses in the second round... And yall go to the 5th round in D-II... Again rankings or polls don't mean squat!!  in '12 and '13 the district champs summer creek rolled Crosby.. They did not make it out of the second round.. I would not call that easier.

Edited by hitman009