MAXIMUS

My Top 4's

21 5A                                     22 5A

Crosby                                   PNG

Kingwood Park                      GCM

Barbers Hill                            Nederland

Porter                                      Vidor/Lumberton

• 2 weeks later...

These are some very strong districts which always have talented players which often draw college attention. Ozen has always been an easy when for most in 22-5a but has a new HC this year who has a lot of experience. It will be interesting to see the development of this very fast and athletic group as they will be brought up in a structured program. As they learn this game and develop their pitching arms we should see a very good product on Tuesday's & Friday's. Let's Go Panthers!

• 2 weeks later...

KWP, Crosby, and Barbers Hill will battle,  Crosby having edge in returning pitching, ,  KWP seems to find a way to start rolling come playoffs and is always tough, and found a diamond in pitching in the playoffs.last season,  BH has one starting pitcher back, needs to find a couple of pitchers, one  future pitcher had Tommy john, they have arms, just need to see who will be ready for varsity or who improved. from last year.,   They could use  2 more in the outfield and a 1st baseman,  So a couple of holes to fill. Have a solid outfielder returning, the catcher and middle infield will return, so good core returning, just need some holes to fill, the 3rd baseman is returning but have a move in and could be  some changes, may be changes at other positions as well,  But over all KWP, Crosby and BH should take top 3 spots, Porter should be in the mix as well for next 2 seasons, got some good pitching returning,  

In 21 5A, Crosby and KP should be top 2, and BH and Porter will find themselves in the playoffs as well.

In 22 5A theres going to be a pretty good team sitting at home come play off time. You have 5 legit play off teams, with GCM, PNG, and NED taking the top 3 spots, while LUM and VIDOR fight for the 4th spot.  GCM is loaded, having only graduated 3 srs, 2 of which were starters. PNG and GCM will fight for the Dist Championship, and NED will get the 3 seed.

In 21 5A, Crosby and KP should be top 2, and BH and Porter will find themselves in the playoffs as well.

In 22 5A theres going to be a pretty good team sitting at home come play off time. You have 5 legit play off teams, with GCM, PNG, and NED taking the top 3 spots, while LUM and VIDOR fight for the 4th spot.  GCM is loaded, having only graduated 3 srs, 2 of which were starters. PNG and GCM will fight for the Dist Championship, and NED will get the 3 seed.

i would have to say PNG would be the favorite. they were really young last year. i believe they only lost two starters and will get back a pitcher that was hurt all of last year who has committed to baylor. NED is always scrappy so never count them out. they will have a new coach also.  if PNG can keep their two top pitchers healthy they could make a pretty good run in the playoffs.

i would have to say PNG would be the favorite. they were really young last year. i believe they only lost two starters and will get back a pitcher that was hurt all of last year who has committed to baylor. NED is always scrappy so never count them out. they will have a new coach also.  if PNG can keep their two top pitchers healthy they could make a pretty good run in the playoffs.

GCM returns their entire pitching staff, the only starters that left via graduation were Bell(CF) Price(2B).  Lets not forget about the new kid that will be on the mound this year, who throws consistently 88-91mph, and Morales will only be a jr, Cherry will be a soph.  I like GCM as the fave(a little biased though) with PNG a close 2nd, and the way this district was last year, its a crapshoot for the final playoff spots. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, we haven't even gotten to week 2 of the football season yet, Lets enjoy this for a while.

Edited by N844_GCM

GCM returns their entire pitching staff, the only starters that left via graduation were Bell(CF) Price(2B).  Lets not forget about the new kid that will be on the mound this year, who throws consistently 88-91mph, and Morales will only be a jr, Cherry will be a soph.  I like GCM as the fave(a little biased though) with PNG a close 2nd, and the way this district was last year, its crapshoot for the final playoff spots. But lets nbot get ahead of ourselves, we haven't even gotten to week 2 of the football season yet, Lets enjoy this for a while.

yea PNG has a couple of them.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

these two are going to be hard for any team to get past.

I thought PNG has a Baylor commit and Houston commit coming back, thought one made the area code game,   You can have everyone back,but those are 2 legit D1 returners,  PNG to me will be ton of the toughest teams in the region if the pitchers stay healthy.    Crosby lost the Hearns, those two were huge and a huge loss, though heard JV was tough and talent coming up and the younger Gabby and Bergeon , but KP is always tough and found the pitcher they needed and the kid can hit, with a lot of other returners, I give the over all edge to KP, with Crosby and BH battling for 2nd and 3rd and Porter getting the last spot in teh playoffs.   BH split with Crosby and KP l, and Porter last season, and BH, will be tougher this year..and next, had 5-6 sophs on the field last year.   

• 2 months later...

GCM has a strong core of freshman coming in as well. I wouldn't be suprised to see two or three wind up on the varsity, but with only 3 spots open from last year, we'll see.

• 2 months later...

Ok tryouts are upon us, the season is about to begin. Let's see some more predictions.

In 22 5A I would like to think GCM would prevail but we'll probably see PNG's ace both times we face them. So I'm thinking.

1 PNG

2 GCM

3 Lumberton

4 Vidor / Nederland - I haven't seen any team previews on these two so I'm not sure who to put in this spot.

This seasons going to be tough. Whoever gets the DC is going to earn it. I hope GCM proves me wrong and takes it all. I can see the top three teams making some noise in the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

GCM takes 22-5a. They are freaking loaded. I know PNG is very talented, but I'm giving edge to GCM. GCM kids practice where my boy does and I've been impressed. GCM might be a year away from Round Rock.

I hope your right. If we can find away to put some runs on their ace we just might do it.

If PNG's hitting comes through with the pitching staff they have they should be district champs. They have three legit pitchers in Leckiech, Henry, and Vidrine. They have two others coming up in McGowan an Hranicky and A. Morse can pitch very well also. Their defense should be pretty stout regardless of who is pitching. Bost is the purest hitter I have seen in this area in a long time even as a Sophmore. If the rest can follow, provide no injuries, they should be District Champs.