Cop killed in Houston

PhatMack19

.......... Majority of cops are good guys kinda cranky but good guys. 

That is one of the most insightful things that I have seen you post. 

Yes sometimes the cops are cranky. That doesn't make them evil, criminal or abusive. They deal with crap all day, hear every lie imaginable and that is likely just in the last two days. That same sometimes (not always) cranky cop is the same one that will drag a drunk driver out of a burning car to save his life at the risk of the officer's life when the criminal (DWI) almost caused his own death. 

I agree with all of your post but wanted to highlight that many people mistake being in a less than stellar mood as being criminal or prejudicial. 

That guy has severe mental problems that need to be  addressed.  He most likely stopped taking his meds.

That could very well be part of the problem. Doctors think they can medicate anything nowadays, and in most cases they can. However, it all hinges upon as to whether or not the  patient self-medicates. If this is what can happen should a patient not take their meds, then we need to pursue other avenues of treatment. Society as a whole is not safe with these individuals walking around. It should not be allowed as a defense either.

Obama has a chance to lead from the front and not from behind here.........He should have a press conference talking about the police and all the good they do and how this was a senseless, cowardly assassination. How he stands behind the police and the thankless job they do.

If this was reversed, he would have already been on the news and had government officials in Houston.

Obama has a chance to lead from the front and not from behind here.........He should have a press conference talking about the police and all the good they do and how this was a senseless, cowardly assassination. How he stands behind the police and the thankless job they do.

If this was reversed, he would have already been on the news and had government officials in Houston.

Yobammy needs to be talking to this black lives crowd.  Just heard at a rally in Minnesota they were chanting "pigs in a blanket" after they knew about the murder of Officer Goforth.   They were referring to killing cops, by the way.  But our POTUS is as big of a POS as the ones chanting this, for not standing up and calling for this ish to stop.  He will, however, go all in on a flag.  Evidently, he has not forgot the teachings of his former pastor, the racist Rev. Jeremiah Johnson.  I believe Johnson is the last name.

Sure is funny how the media will not tell the race of a suspect when a black kills a white.  But they are sure quick to jump on it when it is the other way around.  Prolly know there will be no Ferguson when a black commits the crime.  Wonder if BD3 thinks this is a hate crime.  Looks like Farrakhan is getting his message out.

Dude, you're kidding right? There are all kids of academic studies relating to the media and its bias towards people of color relating to crime.

Yobammy needs to be talking to this black lives crowd.  Just heard at a rally in Minnesota they were chanting "pigs in a blanket" after they knew about the murder of Officer Goforth.   They were referring to killing cops, by the way.  But our POTUS is as big of a POS as the ones chanting this, for not standing up and calling for this ish to stop.  He will, however, go all in on a flag.  Evidently, he has not forgot the teachings of his former pastor, the racist Rev. Jeremiah Johnson.  I believe Johnson is the last name.

Wright...Johnson was the mountain man.

What do we expect to happen when we murder babies in the womb and sell their body parts to the highest bidder? This man who did the shooting had no respect for human life because our society permits the view of life being disposable. When a society loses respect for human life, it is the demise of that society.

What do we expect to happen when we murder babies in the womb and sell their body parts to the highest bidder? This man who did the shooting had no respect for human life because our society permits the view of life being disposable. When a society loses respect for human life, it is the demise of that society.

Well said.  I am still trying to figure out why those black lives (aborted) don't matter.

All lives matter. It is sad that the media divides this country like it does and we all can't realize that no matter who/where/what/why/and how someone was raised and the ethnicity that they are overrides the fact that people are dying in very unfortunate situations because of either ignorance on the part of someone else or the ignorance of their own actions. My opinion doesn't mean much of anything but here it is anyways... The world will become a better place when individuals hold themselves accountable for their actions and stop placing blame on their situation, upbringing, race, political affiliation, gang affiliation, job title, etc. As a culture, Americans are becoming finger pointers and name callers and it is just ridiculous. Police officers are not always in the right but they do make this world a much better place and if they are provoked or if they happen to cross paths with someone that is either breaking the law or they have suspicion of that person for breaking the law, and they have just been to a horrible crime scene, dealt with domestic or child abuse, or many other scenarios, they are probably not going to be in the best state of mind to argue with or resisted. I am not making an excuse for an officer who commits crime themselves, but just the everyday, average officer goes through and sees things that the majority of the population would need meds or therapy after being involved in. Like I stated, my opinion does not mean anything to most and I am perfectly fine with that, I just don't want my children growing up in the society that I fear will become a reality in the coming years. Mutual respect and the ability to bite your tongue and just wait out a given situation until you are able to present your side of that situation will go a long way. 

There was an earlier thread about George Soros financially backing the Black Lives Matter crowd.  I know most of you think I'm crazy, but I sure suspect there are those that want a race war to further their own agenda, whatever that may be.  The rhetoric spewing from BLM, and Louis F. is being heard by millions.  And out of those, some mentally unstable are going to hear, and react.  Unless Obama and other leaders step up, as 5 Gallon pointed out above, it's only going to get worse.