Cop killed in Houston

PhatMack19

This is the hidden content, please

so Black Lives Matter killed the officer. Ha!  Idiot. Thats pathetic in words as the damn suspect who shot the officer down with bullets. 

R.I.P. to the officer and many prayers up for his family. 

so Black Lives Matter killed the officer. Ha!  Idiot. Thats pathetic in words as the damn suspect who shot the officer down with bullets. 

Right...why would anyone think they wanted any harm to come to cops.

From the article:

The lead founder of BLM is Alicia Garza, a young woman who candidly 

Assata Shakur—the Marxist 
, former Black Panther, and convicted cop-killer whose 1979 escape to Fidel Castro's Cuba was facilitated by the 
 and the Black Liberation Army. Others whom Garza
 for their “extraordinary” accomplishments include 
 (a Marxist and former Black Panther); Ella Baker (an avowed 
 who had 
 to the 
 and the Weather Underground); and 
 (a black Marxist lesbian feminist).

That guy has severe mental problems that need to be  addressed.  He most likely stopped taking his meds.

@lubbockonline: The suspect in a Texas officer's death spent time in psychiatric clinics in 2010 and 2012.

@lubbockonline: The suspect in a Texas officer's death spent time in psychiatric clinics in 2010 and 2012.

Don't care....society is better off with out him.

Don't make excuses.

Killed a cop in cold blood....that's all that needs to be said. 

Due to my generation's endemic social media "shaming" problem, I've generally elected to stay very quiet about the mounting tensions between police officers and the black community in this country. This predilection for silence mostly stems from an incident following the targeted killing of two NYPD officers in Brooklyn last December in anger over the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner (Link 1), shortly after a Manhattan protest staged as part of the #blacklivesmatter movement descended into chants of "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now!" by throngs of protesters marching through the streets (Link 2). After the ambush, I posted a short Facebook status calling for the rhetoric of that movement to change to emphasize the importance of all lives instead of the importance of the lives of a particular racial group, on the grounds that emphasizing one particular group's value as opposed to the value of all people only served to further entrench preexisting divides and invite more incidences of racial animus.

Put simply, I was excoriated for that status.

A litany of comments was posted in response from a fairly sizeable group of Facebook users - interestingly enough, all of them white and male - which leveled everything from harshly worded criticism of the position on a pseudo-factual basis to personal insults aimed solely at humiliation and ostracism. In my usual way, I attempted to counter with the facts; I attached video of the aforementioned protest in New York which preceded the Brooklyn incident, made reference to the riots which took place in Ferguson following the grand jury's decision not to indict Darren Wilson over the death of Michael Brown, and as the argument broadened, I delved deeply into the actual statistics regarding race in officer-related shootings and how their rough correlation to the proportion of national crime for which each demographic group is responsible substantially undermines any assertion of real bias on the part of the nation's police against black Americans (Links 3 & 4).

To them, none of that mattered. One of them tried to nitpick some of the data and substitute some of his own, but when I rebutted his only real point, he managed to quickly disappear. The rest stuck to abstract generalizations, emotional appeals and the age old informal fallacy of appealing to ridicule. No matter how many times I tried to take a rational, articulate, factual approach, the users carrying on the verbal sparring were simply too impassioned to listen. In an attempt to sum things up for one of them, I gave them a singular warning: that if this kind of rhetoric continued both at #BLM events and on social media, it would become a justification in the minds of many for carrying out severe acts of violence aimed generally at law enforcement, although not exclusively.

Now, nine months later, I sit here typing this post under the burden of having been proved right when I had hoped I would be proven wrong.

The last year has revealed an explosive growth in the number of law enforcement officer deaths incurred in the line of duty (Link 5). Counting Deputy Goforth this past weekend and the two officers killed in Brooklyn last year, we now have three officers that we know for a fact were targeted and killed without provocation solely for being police officers, with several other cases in which speculation of the same is not unreasonable. Additionally, an officer in Birmingham, Alabama, was beaten to the point of passing out on the side of the road last month, while onlookers took the opportunity to glorify the incident on social media rather than render aid to the injured officer (Link 6); that same officer later admitted to hesitating to discharge his weapon in his own defense for fear of being labeled a "racist cop" as so many others have been of late (Link 7).

Ferguson has not been the only riot stemming from this movement; numerous small altercations took place around the country in conjunction with the events in Ferguson, and Ferguson seemed to be put on replay in Baltimore earlier this year (Link 8). #BLM's own website states that the organization embraces a "diversity of tactics" in the name of social change as opposed to the nonviolent approach embraced by prior generations of black activists (Link 9), and many #BLM supporters have even ostracized fellow #BLM activists for, of all things, advocating peaceful protests in place of abrasiveness and apologizing for outrageous conduct associated with #BLM such as that outlined in this post (Link 10). #BLM leaders, on that note, have been callous in statements during and regarding such instances; the most damning example of this, in my opinion, came in relation to the death of Deputy Goforth, when a leader in the #BLM movement chose to respond to the ambush by criticizing Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman, perhaps hypocritically, for "politicizing" the incident with the statement that "cops' lives matter too," and failing to express any sympathy whatsoever for Deputy Goforth or his family in the process (Link 11). After scouring the internet in search of some redeeming statement by a #BLM leader somewhere in relation to the Harris County incident, I am deeply disappointed to report that the above is the only relevant statement from a #BLM supporter of any kind that I could locate at all. A cursory review of the social media accounts of several personal friends and acquaintances who have actively expounded on the principles of #BLM and highlighted so-called instances of "racial injustice" over the last year revealed the same result.

Worst of all, just two weeks before the the murder of Deputy Goforth, during Black Panther protests at the Waller County Jail in just the next county over from the site of Goforth's murder, one of the protest's leaders threatened to retaliate against police in a manner eerily similar to the one in which Goforth was assassinated (Link 12). On its face, this makes it look as though last year's Brooklyn incident has repeated itself.

I have read statements on this board and elsewhere from a number of individuals claiming that #BLM has nothing to do with these incidents of violence targeted at police. I will admit that there is no definitive link between the two. Nonetheless, such a link is easily inferred, and I believe it exists. We know for a fact that the Brooklyn shooter acted in retaliation against police regarding the Brown and Garner cases. Is it really so hard to believe that whatever anger he harbored was nurtured by protests such as the one caught on video in New York? Men are not moved to commit heinous acts by rationality, they're moved to do such things by poorly governed passions and a misguided sense of justice - especially those with emotional or mental disorders, as I imagine the killers in the Brooklyn and Harris County cases had. Given the totality of the circumstances in the Goforth case, is it so hard to believe that it is of a similar nature? And considering the two in tandem, is it not reasonable to intuit the potential beginnings of a grim pattern?

#BLM as an entity offers no condolences for or discouragement against acts of violence carried out for purposes in line with its own mission, and explicitly rejects pacifism as an approach to social change. Its leaders meet radical, inflammatory rhetoric that indisputably cites people to violence with tolerance, and fail to utter a single word of disapproval when actions are carried out almost in perfect accordance with that rhetoric. #BLM repeatedly withholds condemnation for incidents of mass violence the likes of Ferguson and Baltimore. Is it really implausible that these stances can become implicit encouragement and justification for acts of violence in the minds of fringe elements? When coupled with the outright rejection of pacifist protesters such as the girl in Seattle that apologized for the incident at the Bernie Sanders campaign rally, is it not easy to see how others infer that #BLM, if anything, endorses such rhetoric and its inevitable, injurious ends?

In that light, the phrase "diversity of tactics" takes on new meaning.

Link 1: 

Link 2: 

Link 3: 

Link 4: 

Link 5: 

Link 6: 

Link 7: 

Link 8: 

Link 9: 

Link 10: 

Link 11: 

Link 12: 

Edited by PN-G bamatex

I have a question.  Since Soros is reported to be one of the main people funding Black Lives Matter, to what end?   I'd really like to know.  I'm sure old George has an angle in virtually everything he does.  So what does he plan to get out of funding a racist group that incites violence against the police?

Okay, please enlighten me.  

From what I have read and seen BLM is a racist group who discriminate against white cops. Nothing positive will come from this group. But they get all the air time all the talks with politicians. A group that small filled with mostly young ignorant adults is allowed to have this big of a influence. 

I fell like something big will eventually pop off.

To afraid to just name streets your referring to.

Everyone knows what I am referring to.  I am being facetious about that, but I am trying to make a point.  Crazy POS white kid kills 9 black ppl, and it gets blamed on a flag.  So we take it down along with statues to keep from offending ppl.  Crazy POS black men kill 2 innocent white ppl in Virginia, citing revenge for SC murders.  POS black man kills deputy after Black Panthers tell police they are going to sneak up behind them.  The same wkend the deputy is killed, the hate group BLM, are in Minnesota chanting pigs in a blanket.  The so-called POTUS is all in on one side, but says nothing about BLM.  Wonder if there was a WH rep at Deputy Goforth's funeral.  Just saying that racism is a two way street, but one group does not see it that way.  I know some may think I am racist, but I'm not.  Just tired of seeing this great country headed in the direction it is.

To say that one group doesn't see it that way is the same as me saying whites or racists.  On the flag statue thing. I think it's very reasonable for a group if people to feel a certain way about certain things that reminds them of hatred . I don't think that's being sensitive or racist. Its like having a hitler high middle and elementry in every city in Germany. Or ss bolts flying around in Germany. I'm not saying having your flag is racists. I'm just saying we all should be understanding to why some will always see it as hate. ....

Also I know of no blacks with the same history of Lee or anyother Confederate officer with a street named in there honor. So I really would like a answer.