WO-S @PN-G

skipper

FYI, Yall do realize that, albeit spirited banter, it has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game?  Someone is going to to end up with a serious jammed or maybe even broken finger, from trying to put more emphasis on your statement as you type your retort. I live 5min from "the mecca", and in "the Goose" district, but staying loyal to our bretheren of 22 5A, Crosby folks, need to kick rocks and stop trollin' this thread!!!

#plusone how ya like me now?

FYI, Yall do realize that, albeit spirited banter, it has absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game?  Someone is going to to end up with a serious jammed or maybe even broken finger, from trying to put more emphasis on your statement as you type your retort. I live 5min from "the mecca", and in "the Goose" district, but staying loyal to our bretheren of 22 5A, Crosby folks, need to kick rocks and stop trollin' this thread!!!

Like! (already out of likes for the day)

Come on man. You know the only reason you're loyal is because that's the only district you have a shot of making the playoffs in this year. 

The reason for that is because we live in the civilized world where 5A schools are plentiful. We can line it up with teams like Dawson and Montgomery who we saw in the playoffs at that time. The only reason WOS is on Foster's schedule is because they play in 5 and 6 team districts and have to fill 11 non-district games. 

One of the reasons WO-S is playing Foster is because WO-S has a very hard time scheduling teams to play us in non-district. It's been that way for many years. We had to go all the way to Houston and lock horns with a team 4 times our enrollment to fill the schedule.

What???? Play who you want. The point I was making is the vast majority premier programs aren't going to drop down to play teams below their classification. Sometimes those things change due to district size and availability. It's the reason North Shore has Trinity on the schedule. It wasn't because they were trying to play a marquee matchup, there was a just a hole in the schedules that allowed that matchup to happen. 

I guess maybe I didn't understand your post?

You made the claim— "it seems WOS hasn't beat a team that won a 4A/5A playoff game later that season in 7 years"... because "all you do is research playa".

Which suggests that a PN-G loss to WO-S would not be...bad, I guess?

Anyway, then it was pointed out that Crosby never even plays teams outside of their classification and the two teams you have played (Montgomery and Dawson) tuned you up by at least 3 TD's each time.

And then you claimed to "live in the civilized world" where there are plenty of 5A teams so you don't have to play up.

Not that I care, because not beating a higher classification playoff team seems like a weird criticism to begin with, I just think its funny you're backing off it now that's been pointed out.

You made the claim— "it seems WOS hasn't beat a team that won a 4A/5A playoff game later that season in 7 years"... because "all you do is research playa".

Which suggests that a PN-G loss to WO-S would not be...bad, I guess?

Anyway, then it was pointed out that Crosby never even plays teams outside of their classification and the two teams you have played (Montgomery and Dawson) tuned you up by at least 3 TD's each time.

And then you claimed to "live in the civilized world" where there are plenty of 5A teams so you don't have to play up.

Not that I care, because not beating a higher classification playoff team seems like a weird criticism to begin with, I just think its funny you're backing off it now that's been pointed out.

First of all I didn't spell it like "playa" simply because PNG has idiot fans like Fox, who I'm sure uses all sorts of epithets when unfiltered, will go to his usual Barrett Station comments. 

I'm saying that in nearly a decade what my initial post states is the case. It's been a good while since teams they played up and beat won a playoff game. That's not a shot at WOS at all, it's a logical sequence of events as you play up with a declining enrollment. 

You're making my point as to why Crosby wouldn't play up. If we're getting tuned up by 21 by the top 5A teams around here why would we even need to step up, and trust me those are nothing compared to when we played Ennis. 

WOS is monster, they're even more of a beast now because they'll never have to play teams like Navasota, Argyle, Graham, Carthage or Stephenville in the playoffs anymore. WOS is one of about 10 schools in the state that will always compete at a high level simply due to the level of talent they produce comparable to their classification.

Regardless of the opponent, if you've been beaten by them lately while playing up it hasn't turned out well that second weekend in November when you're likely to play a deeper team. 

Edited by Cougar14.2

First of all I didn't spell it like "playa" simply because PNG has idiot fans like Fox, who I'm sure uses all sorts of epithets when unfiltered, will go to his usual Barrett Station comments. 

I'm saying that in nearly a decade what my initial post states is the case. It's been a good while since teams they played up and beat won a playoff game. That's not a shot at WOS at all, it's a logical sequence of events as you play up with a declining enrollment. 

You're making my point as to why Crosby wouldn't play up. If we're getting tuned up by 21 by the top 5A teams around here why would we even need to step up, and trust me those are nothing compared to when we played Ennis. 

WOS is monster, they're even more of a beast now because they'll never have to play teams like Navasota, Argyle, Graham, Carthage or Stephenville in the playoffs anymore. WOS is one of about 10 schools in the state that will always compete at a high level simply due to the level of talent they produce comparable to their classification.

Regardless of the opponent, if you've been beaten by them lately while playing up it hasn't turned out well that second weekend in November when you're likely to play a deeper team. 

BTW, we do not claim Fox....