Silsbee vs ColdSprings

BADSANTA

This will be another tall order for the Tigers as Coldsprings is another run heavy offense that probably has more team speed than BH. Coldsprings is a powerhouse program that is use to winning a making deep playoff runs. With a new coach this year and six returners on offense and five on defense Silsbee, again, will have to slow down a run game to have a chance. Coldsprings will need to force Silsbee in three and outs and keep the Silsbee offense on the sideline. I believe Silsbee will again need to score 30+ points to win. Silsbee's young defense grew up some last week, how much more will they grow up this week. I'm going with the homer pick and taking the Tigers. Go Tigers!!!

Edited by STiger85

Problem areas last week:

1) Run defense commitment. Once it was made the Tigers looked better in the game until 4th qtr miscues let BH back in.

2) Special Teams.  BH starting position was unbelievable all night. Need to stop this immediately. 

3) Turnovers.  No way the Tigers survive a good opponent with 5+ TOs against them.

Clean it up and the Tigers will just flat out obliterate average opponents with a fast scoring offense.

Jmo

Problem areas last week:

1) Run defense commitment. Once it was made the Tigers looked better in the game until 4th qtr miscues let BH back in.

2) Special Teams.  BH starting position was unbelievable all night. Need to stop this immediately. 

3) Turnovers.  No way the Tigers survive a good opponent with 5+ TOs against them.

Clean it up and the Tigers will just flat out obliterate average opponents with a fast scoring offense.

Jmo

Silsbee had 4 turnovers. 1 INT and 3 fumbles.

Silsbee had 4 turnovers. 1 INT and 3 fumbles.

Thanks Aggies.  Thought there was 2 INTs.  Will make sure of right info next time.  My bad on the 5+ and should have clarified on the turnover opportunities, which I was thinking about at the time. 

Still those are just the LOST turnovers.  Still too many chances left out there for the opposing team to capitalize on.

Edited by Silsbee92

Watching last weeks game I saw several things the Tigers are gonna have to fix before they get to district, but in the big scheme of things...Silsbee should win against Coldsprings. I really enjoyed watching the Tigers Friday night. That being said I am a football guy at heart and I notice alot...  

things to fix:

1) Turnovers

2) Special teams coverage

3) Conditioning (gassed in 4th with hands on hips and heads back...BH was rolling)

4) Arguing among each other

5) Eliminate hot headed responses ( costly penalties...could have cost you the game)

6) Run / pass read by the QB...many times pressed a bad pass when he had wide open ground...the kid has the wheels to go get first downs heck of an athlete.

I am sure the great Coaching Staff at Silsbee will wrangle things together and have great season...certainly have the talent and size!