Newton @ BC!!!!!!

GATA!

BC does have a decent squad. But when you say Newton will only win by 10 to 14 points is like you are saying they are the same caliber. Let's be realistic for a minute and understand that Newton is playing at a way higher level this. I know I'll catch hell for this but the only team that will come close to beating Newton will either be Henderson or WOS. And I just can't see WOS beating Newton this year. Newton started this season with a bang against a really good Tatum squad. Granted it's the first game of the season and things do change. But the Newton team this year is 10x better than last years and WOS team still looks the same. I'm not a hater, I am a realist. To impress me you have to show me your improvements. Back to BC, I am impressed you squeezed a win passed Kville and I'm a huge believer that BC will make a good run. But side by side, BC is not playing even close to the same caliber. Much respect and good luck to both teams.

Edit: Oh also I believe that the WOS/Newton game should be called the Battle For Southeast Texas. There isnt a team 5a down that can compete at their level.

Edited by SETXanalyst

BC does have a decent squad. But when you say Newton will only win by 10 to 14 points is like you are saying they are the same caliber. Let's be realistic for a minute and understand that Newton is playing at a way higher level this. I know I'll catch hell for this but the only team that will come close to beating Newton will either be Henderson or WOS. And I just can't see WOS beating Newton this year. Newton started this season with a bang against a really good Tatum squad. Granted it's the first game of the season and things do change. But the Newton team this year is 10x better than last years and WOS team still looks the same. I'm not a hater, I am a realist. To impress me you have to show me your improvements. Back to BC, I am impressed you squeezed a win passed Kville and I'm a huge believer that BC will make a good run. But side by side, BC is not playing even close to the same caliber. Much respect and good luck to both teams.

Edit: Oh also I believe that the WOS/Newton game should be called the Battle For Southeast Texas. There isnt a team 5a down that can compete at their level.

I realize Newton/WOS are coming off historical seasons and they should be proud, but to say their isn't a team 5A and down that can COMPETE at their level is a little ridiculous. Especially when I think of the WOS/LCM game, yes WOS won but it wasn't like a blow out or total thrashing. I agree with that both these programs are very good year in and year out, but I guarantee if you match up them up with PNG, Nederland, Ozen, and Central their will definitely be some COMPETING going on. I hope Newton/WOS both make it back to state because its fun to see local teams go all the way. Good luck and have a great season

Wrong, PN-G and Central can compete. PN-G plays WO-S this week, we will see.

I think Bridge City will compete also.

Henderson is bad this year.

ok let me be clear I said there isn't a team at this point that can BEAT WOS/Newton. Only problem with your statement is your still putting BC at the WOS/Newton level. I'm not taking anything away from them. And  most people would say I'm partial to Newton but facts are facts. The last balls the wall BC team was in the early 2000s. They gave Newton a run for their money. But fact is this Newton team isn't as nearly as bad as that Newton team and this years BC team isn't as good as the early 2000s BC team. 

Let me address PNG AND NEDERLAND. You guys are funny. Your extremely huge schools with definitive numbers on your side and can probably rotate your players every down. It's HILARIOUS to see their fans get butt hurt. The biggest game of yalls seasons are against each other lol. There is a reason you reason you struggle with WOS and it's not because your good.

I am glad to see BC win against a good team, but I do not think think that this weak will be near as close. I am not knocking on Kirbyville, but they are nowhere close to Newtons level this year. I am not saying that just because the scrimmage or a win over Tatum; it's because this team is a lot different from previous Newton teams. Newton has two division 1 seniors that looked like they were men playing with boys last Friday and the whole team was on key! Newton will win by 21+ this Friday! I hope to see BC have a good year and make some noise though. 

I  see this game being close, with-in 14 points .B. C. has came a long ways. Saying that if either team rest on this past weeks play,they could be the loser. Generally, the kids have a slump or big jump in between first and second game.Also according to how banged up each team will be.I like what I saw with Newton Friday night and B.C. is a quality team but  will pick Newton .                 

ok let me be clear I said there isn't a team at this point that can BEAT WOS/Newton. Only problem with your statement is your still putting BC at the WOS/Newton level. I'm not taking anything away from them. And  most people would say I'm partial to Newton but facts are facts. The last balls the wall BC team was in the early 2000s. They gave Newton a run for their money. But fact is this Newton team isn't as nearly as bad as that Newton team and this years BC team isn't as good as the early 2000s BC team. 

Let me address PNG AND NEDERLAND. You guys are funny. Your extremely huge schools with definitive numbers on your side and can probably rotate your players every down. It's HILARIOUS to see their fans get butt hurt. The biggest game of yalls seasons are against each other lol. There is a reason you reason you struggle with WOS and it's not because your good.

One of the most asinine statements, that has ever been posted. Believe me, there has been a lot.

th?&id=JN.03YxAUa2SmfPn203P3aiDA&w=300&h

I realize Newton/WOS are coming off historical seasons and they should be proud, but to say their isn't a team 5A and down that can COMPETE at their level is a little ridiculous. Especially when I think of the WOS/LCM game, yes WOS won but it wasn't like a blow out or total thrashing. I agree with that both these programs are very good year in and year out, but I guarantee if you match up them up with PNG, Nederland, Ozen, and Central their will definitely be some COMPETING going on. I hope Newton/WOS both make it back to state because its fun to see local teams go all the way. Good luck and have a great season

actually WOS dominated the Bears. 1 broken coverage long play and a 50 yard run was their whole offense for the night. Seriously. Everything else was 3 and out. WOS left at least 21-28 points on the field. Not bashing LCM but game wasn't close.

your saying BC isn't at WOS/Newtons level when in 2 live halfs in a scrimmage BC/WOS the score was 14-13 and still had another half to go? Outcome could have went either way! So how could you say they aren't on there "level"

I see a lot of confident in Bridge City and I pick Bridge City to win by 3 as well and people thought I was crazy I'm not they did win by 3 24- 21 and the people that doubt me in that one think again where is all the apologys is at but  its OK doubt never doubt me again like buddy u doubt me in that game but bridge city pull it off now in the BC vs Newton game that one is going to be like west orange stark and PNG game low scoring and defense of battle may the better team wins

If PNG does beat WOS, all it means to me is, we faced a great opponent and will leave with a better idea of what kind of team we have and what we need to work on for the next game. Let me turn your question around and ask you this. If PNG beats WOS does that mean WOS is a sub par team this year? Since nobody except newton is on their level.