Lookout Dayton here comes New Caney

Banned

That fourth seed looks tougher nowadays with the emergence of New Caney. A double digit thrashing of Diboll has got to get you thinking of the streak ending. That would sure hurt some "Jayhawk Pride" eh!! 

Double digit thrashing...from what I saw Diboll could've and should have won that game. New Caney's QB is legit though and the digs were impressive. 

Clever bro ,( jayhawk pride) that's going to cost you 600 bucks ,your going have to do better than power house Dibol to make us sweat - good try though .

I wouldn't sweat that victory over Diboll either. I would start that type of loss to Channelview this year though. I know Dayton fans don't believe in stats but the analytics of the game say they're not as good as last year, especially on offense. 

I've said the whole Summer that Dayton would have a hard time replacing Baughman, McBride, Keener and Chambers. They were probably 95% of the offense. Dayton fans said they were fine with what they had coming back and even looked good leading up to the season. There was also a consensus that Channelview's defense was sub-par at best. Here are some numbers that probably won't be seen in a good light by Broncos but I don't think are coincidence. 

Last season Dayton scored 35 points with 15 penalties for 131 yards when they played Channelview on the road.  They also had 448 total yards to go with it. 

This season Dayton scored 21 points with 1 penalty for 5 yards at home. They had 245 total yards of offense. 

In both of those games Channelview ran 61 plays and had at least 14 penalties that exceeded 100 yards. Ironically, Dayton's was more statistically effective than last year. Dayton fans were also saying Channelview's offense wasn't as good this year though. 

I'm just saying all that to preface my thought that Dayton could start the season 0-3. IMO King will also be too much on offense for Dayton early in the season. The swing game is Ned next week, who I think the Broncos are going to struggle with. After moving the ball the way Dayton did on Channelview last year, there was almost no chance Ned was going to stop them. I don't think that will be the case this year. 

Guess we will see what happens Friday. Hope Dayton's center and right tackle return this week. Missed them Friday. Plus one will have lighter pockets come week 11. Oh yeah last time Dayton started out 0-3 they played in the regional finals

What year was that? The '07 team started 1-2, right? Either way, do you think Dayton's current team has players like Cody Green and AJ Dugat on it? I know you feel good about what y'all have and said this is the best you've seen them in a while but I'm telling you it was a lot harder for us to check guys like Keener, McBride, and Chambers than what you probably have now. Just those three guys alone had probably played 100 football games between them, you don't just plug guys in for mainstays. Especially while breaking a new qb. 

I give Dayton the edge this week just because it's at home but with them still trying to get it figured out I think they're going to struggle with Ned Friday. I think their defense is going to cause some problems for that young offense and their offense will probably score in the high 20's or low 30's. 

What year was that? The '07 team started 1-2, right? Either way, do you think Dayton's current team has players like Cody Green and AJ Dugat on it? I know you feel good about what y'all have and said this is the best you've seen them in a while but I'm telling you it was a lot harder for us to check guys like Keener, McBride, and Chambers than what you probably have now. Just those three guys alone had probably played 100 football games between them, you don't just plug guys in for mainstays. Especially while breaking a new qb. 

I give Dayton the edge this week just because it's at home but with them still trying to get it figured out I think they're going to struggle with Ned Friday. I think their defense is going to cause some problems for that young offense and their offense will probably score in the high 20's or low 30's. 

It was actually 2009 and didn't have any of the players you listed above. As you noted though Dayton doesn't and hasn't scheduled teams to make their records look good predistrict. You say that you can't just plug in kids to replace the ones you named and I agree. Thing is last year Dylan who would have started in front of Chambers had a broke hand and didn't play offense until around week 10. He seemed to do fine last Friday. The kid you dubbed the next Cody Green hasn't even been brought up to varsity yet. Outcome of the game wouldn't have been different but Dayton had a lot of kids out this week and several others that played very limited snaps. Last year Channelview didn't play Hurts for most of the 4th quarter and this year when Dayton had basically conceded defeat and had a ton of subs Hurts was still out there racking up yards and numbers. What the stats won't tell you is Channelview was I believe 5 for 5 on 4th downs and no other kid but Hurts could of done that on Dayton's schedule. Dayton will be right where they should be come the end of the season which is the playoffs.

Edited by bronco pride

It was actually 2009 and didn't have any of the players you listed above. As you noted though Dayton doesn't and hasn't scheduled teams to make their records look good predistrict. You say that you can't just plug in kids to replace the ones you named and I agree. Thing is last year Dylan who would have started in front of Chambers had a broke hand and didn't play offense until around week 10. He seemed to do fine last Friday. The kid you dubbed the next Cody Green hasn't even been brought up to varsity yet. Outcome of the game wouldn't have been different but Dayton had a lot of kids out this week and several others that played very limited snaps. Last year Channelview didn't play Hurts for most of the 4th quarter and this year when Dayton had basically conceded defeat and had a ton of subs Hurts was still out there racking up yards and numbers. What the stats won't tell you is Channelview was I believe 5 for 5 on 4th downs and no other kid but Hurts could of done that on Dayton's schedule. Dayton will be right where they should be come the end of the season which is the playoffs.

Well, I'm glad you have faith. Looking at it even closer Moore had 100 yards on two catches, meaning Dayton ran 49 more plays for only 145 more total yards. There were another 10 pass completions that only totaled 45 yards. 32 rushing attempts for 100 even. You've been saying all week how bad Chanelview's defense was after seeing them. What happened other than a couple of lineman missing? If all they had was Hurts how do you feel Williams and Brantley, who threw for over 300 in the opener, will fare?

I hope y'all win but if Nederland comes in and beats Dayton this week I think you're probably looking at a 5-5 regular season like '13

Well, I'm glad you have faith. Looking at it even closer Moore had 100 yards on two catches, meaning Dayton ran 49 more plays for only 145 more total yards. There were another 10 pass completions that only totaled 45 yards. 32 rushing attempts for 100 even. You've been saying all week how bad Chanelview's defense was after seeing them. What happened other than a couple of lineman missing? If all they had was Hurts how do you feel Williams and Brantley, who threw for over 300 in the opener, will fare?

I hope y'all win but if Nederland comes in and beats Dayton this week I think you're probably looking at a 5-5 regular season like '13

Nederland gave Crosby all they wanted the better part of the game I don't think we will hang our heads if they beat us but if  we should spank then maybe the Meca will feel the tremble of a shot across their bow !

Heck Ned gave a top 5 team all they wanted so on not looking for anything other than a good close game. You read the paper or get your info on other games without being there and I guess it gives you a better understanding of how the game went than someone who was there. Dayton had plenty of other opportunities to score but had bad a bad snap on a chip shot field goal. Had a kid 10 yards behind the D for a guaranteed td that was overthrown. Channelview tried to field a punt inside their 5  that hit their players helmet which Dayton recovered and somehow the ball was given to Channelview. It was a very close game in the 3rd when Dayton's qb went out but injuries happen. I guess missing our starting right tackle who was our only all district lineman from last year and our starting  center is no big deal right? Also missing starting middle lb and 8 tech once again no big deal. Lost our starting qb in the 3rd quarter once again no big deal right? Had a pic by our backup that was returned inside our 10 when dayton was driving but that really doesn't matter. Fact is Channelview was better than dayton and had the best player on the field that Dayton will see this year. Just so happens he plays the most important position on the field also. I never make comments on Crosbys thread but somehow your always on ours. One question for you. If you where the coach and basically your entire season rest on your qb would you have him in when it's 50-21 with about 6 minutes left in the game.

Edited by bronco pride

Heck Ned gave a top 5 team all they wanted so on not looking for anything other than a good close game. You read the paper or get your info on other games without being there and I guess it gives you a better understanding of how the game went than someone who was there. Dayton had plenty of other opportunities to score but had bad a bad snap on a chip shot field goal. Had a kid 10 yards behind the D for a guaranteed td that was overthrown. Channelview tried to field a punt inside their 5  that hit their players helmet which Dayton recovered and somehow the ball was given to Channelview. It was a very close game in the 3rd when Dayton's qb went out but injuries happen. I guess missing our starting right tackle who was our only all district lineman from last year and our starting  center is no big deal right? Also missing starting middle lb and 8 tech once again no big deal. Lost our starting qb in the 3rd quarter once again no big deal right? Had a pic by our backup that was returned inside our 10 when dayton was driving but that really doesn't matter. Fact is Channelview was better than dayton and had the best player on the field that Dayton will see this year. Just so happens he plays the most important position on the field also. I never make comments on Crosbys thread but somehow your always on ours.

There's plenty of Dayton fans that comment on Crosby threads and since this thread was started by #plusone I would have to say it's also a Crosby thread. It was just made to talk about Dayton. 

There's a big difference losing by 36 at home with a bunch of missed chances, versus winning by 17 on the road with a bunch of missed chances. Crosby was missing an all-district lineman also, among others. The Chronicle had 491 of total offense for Crosby, the official number is probably over 500 though. I'm sure Ned feels they missed opportunities like I'm sure Channelview does. From a Crosby perspective we had a fumble after a run that probably set up a scoring drive and allowed a pick 6 off of a deflection of one of the receivers. That game might have been 42-13 with a couple of different bounces but it doesn't matter because it didn't happen. 

A lot of times when you watch games your emotional attachment to it clouds your judgement as to what's really happening. It's not the same level of team that lost to Channelview last year. I do hope Dayton gets it figured out though. 

There's plenty of Dayton fans that comment on Crosby threads and since this thread was started by #plusone I would have to say it's also a Crosby thread. It was just made to talk about Dayton. 

There's a big difference losing by 36 at home with a bunch of missed chances, versus winning by 17 on the road with a bunch of missed chances. Crosby was missing an all-district lineman also, among others. The Chronicle had 491 of total offense for Crosby, the official number is probably over 500 though. I'm sure Ned feels they missed opportunities like I'm sure Channelview does. From a Crosby perspective we had a fumble after a run that probably set up a scoring drive and allowed a pick 6 off of a deflection of one of the receivers. That game might have been 42-13 with a couple of different bounces but it doesn't matter because it didn't happen. 

A lot of times when you watch games your emotional attachment to it clouds your judgement as to what's really happening. It's not the same level of team that lost to Channelview last year. I do hope Dayton gets it figured out though. 

You make the proper analogy that if you take away 2 of Dayton's long td passes their offense would have been significantly less efficient but they did happen. What you don't bring up is if you take away 2 of Crosbys big plays the score could have been 21-18 once again though they did happen. Break down Crosby at your games and we will try to do the same at ours. One more thing. There is a huge difference between playing Ned and a 6a team with Jalen Hurts. Like I said time will tell but for the most part  I liked what I saw and think once dayton gets healthy they will be very good.

You make the proper analogy that if you take away 2 of Dayton's long td passes their offense would have been significantly less efficient but they did happen. What you don't bring up is if you take away 2 of Crosbys big plays the score could have been 21-18 once again though they did happen. Break down Crosby at your games and we will try to do the same at ours. One more thing. There is a huge difference between playing Ned and a 6a team with Jalen Hurts. Like I said time will tell but for the most part  I liked what I saw and think once dayton gets healthy they will be very good.

We'll see, just remember what I said when y'all look the same next week and the week after. Jerry Stewart isn't coaching anymore. 

I do think the only difference between the way Dayton see's the loss to channelview vs. the way I see it is I knew it was coming and you guys were saying you would win.  What do I know though, you called me dumb when I said it.

Called you dumb when you sad what. Picking your team is what you do. Who did you pick last year in the semis against CP. Knowing your going to lose and trying to make a case for a chance to win is what fans do.

Edited by bronco pride