Beaumont Ozen vs Beaumont West Brook Prediction

I do agree with your statement, there were several kids who were pretty good from the westend of Beaumont. As for Jerry Ball he moved to the westend but he and his family grew up mostly in our neighborhood. I wasn't trying to say that the westend kids had no contribution they were essential in helping Westbrook become successful throughout the years. It also is not a secret that most of there best athletes came from the other side of IH-10. Best of luck to WB & Ozen for 2015! 

PAM always run no huddle. it was a very slow no huddle. it's been that way since Harrison took over to stop people from trying to sub to much. suggs>harrison when suggs have a qb and kids tht buy into the system. i still see Ozen coming up short next week, but it won't be an easy win for brook that's for sure and PAM is NOT a good team.

I think Memorial is a good team but played poorly. They may have been taking the Panthers lightly since they have defeated them 

Ok your over cookin my grits...how many State Championships did Hebert win? I know Forrest Park did not win any. But when you put them together they produced one as WEST BROOK. I don't believe just because Hebert switched field houses they magically became state champs and I don't believe FP's entire football team hung it up...So the obvious is this: One needed the other...of course that is using logic not kool-aid. That was special group of guys that started out being band players that somewhere along the way became a band of brothers, became a squad! and together shocked Texas High School Football. In my opinion they overcame the rhetoric***** "you better talk to somebody that was there, West end just paid for the bus got on it  and when for the ride,,,, TRUE BLUE and GOLD baby iT was REAL  -- HOME OF THE PROS -WEST END  PLEASE"

best of luck to the Ozen Panthers this year go win it all baby!

ha ha you right they did it all the kids - LET ME CHECK MYSELF-- Hebert won 3 state champ in football and 3 in the roll in basketball the last three in basketball were in the last three years the school was open, they  then didn't loss a game at West Brook gym in 5 years when coach Williams was head -- the year before they close, they loss in the semi finish in football - Coach D. 7-8 years he had only 7 losses-- but it was a team that done it and a community thing!! i'm not starting that  you're right

Edited by understand

ha ha you right they did it all the kids - LET ME CHECK MYSELF-- Hebert won 3 state champ in football and 3 in the roll in basketball the last three in basketball were in the last three years the school was open, they  then didn't loss a game at West Brook gym in 5 years when coach Williams was head -- the year before they close, they loss in the semi finish in football - Coach D. 7-8 years he had only 7 losses-- but it was a team that done it and a community thing!! i'm not starting that  you're right

I did not know it was 3...thought maybe 1 in the late 70's but thats why I put a question mark because I did not know for sure. Coach Williams is a great guy and I am friends with both his sons. I will give you the line of thought on Basketball...and to be honest early on in the infancy of WB, Hebert had a big impact on the athletics one would be foolish to think they did not...but to me WB was special because a group of people actually came together and prospered when alot of folks said it was not possible...I guess that is why I hate to see division within the history of the school. Coach Simpson was my coach at Little Brook and was very influential in my life. I always enjoyed his Hebert stories. Being a Bruin I always felt that bear had a little Hebert pride. Some of my fondest memories are the days spent the football field @ Alex Durley.   

I did not know it was 3...thought maybe 1 in the late 70's but thats why I put a question mark because I did not know for sure. Coach Williams is a great guy and I am friends with both his sons. I will give you the line of thought on Basketball...and to be honest early on in the infancy of WB, Hebert had a big impact on the athletics one would be foolish to think they did not...but to me WB was special because a group of people actually came together and prospered when alot of folks said it was not possible...I guess that is why I hate to see division within the history of the school. Coach Simpson was my coach at Little Brook and was very influential in my life. I always enjoyed his Hebert stories. Being a Bruin I always felt that bear had a little Hebert pride. Some of my fondest memories are the days spent the football field @ Alex Durley.   

It's a shame.  the kids seem to get along great, but the adults want to make some kind of racial deal out of it.  We can learn a lot from the kids.  Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but I have seen nothing but good stuff from the kids at the Brook.

Did not want to seem divided, I was there through the early transformation. I was just acknowledging how much talent really comes from a particular area. Odom and Hebert were always dominant in sports and on Saturday's back then you could witness all the talent at the Little League football games. WB was special because people from different cultures,  races and backgrounds came together to produce a state title. That was very significant. Hebert was taken away and had already experienced winning state titles. So to some the emergence of WB was bitter sweet. I enjoyed my experiences either way. 

It's a shame.  the kids seem to get along great, but the adults want to make some kind of racial deal out of it.  We can learn a lot from the kids.  Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but I have seen nothing but good stuff from the kids at the Brook.

ThIs has  nothing to do with race we were referring to talent from a particular area that had a winning tradition.

I really did not take this as a race thing...more like geographical socio cultural athletic alignment issue...I actually understand the fact that folks don't want to forget the pride felt in Hebert as it defines a part of a society. I just don't want the desire to remember erase the brotherhood and real friendships constructed between two different cultures. It's not being racial to exhibit pride in your heritage and it's not racial to give credence to it...yes maybe not adaquitly explained and flawed...but not racial. You know what's pretty cool...even when West Brook wins there some Hebert heritage envolved! Win win situation in my book.

I really did not take this as a race thing...more like geographical socio cultural athletic alignment issue...I actually understand the fact that folks don't want to forget the pride felt in Hebert as it defines a part of a society. I just don't want the desire to remember erase the brotherhood and real friendships constructed between two different cultures. It's not being racial to exhibit pride in your heritage and it's not racial to give credence to it...yes maybe not adaquitly explained and flawed...but not racial. You know what's pretty cool...even when West Brook wins there some Hebert heritage envolved! Win win situation in my book.

Hey bone it's Good only one person when there- lets enjoy what we do on here it has not been a race thing on here all year the devil a lie ---  lol , tonight Bone -- So They Want Some !