Goose Creek Memorial vs Baytown Sterling predictions

N8_44

Stallworth Stadium 7pm Friday Sept 4

This is the 2nd year for the Battle of Baytown, Sterling won the Inaugural Baytown Cup, by defeating both REL and GCM, This weeks game will be the 2nd leg of the 2015 edition, and Sterling can lock up the Cup for the 2nd consecutive year with a win over the Patriots.  Sterlings run heavy offense was enough to keep the Ganders from scoring an upset win, but that wont be the case against GCM.  This is a close one heading into the 2nd half, but GCM pulls away and wins it 34-20, Thus leaving the Cup up for grabs until the Patriots and Ganders meet on Oct 9th.

Edited by N844_GCM

Stallworth Stadium 7pm Friday Sept 4

This is the 2nd year for the Battle of Baytown, Sterling won the Inaugural Baytown Cup, by defeating both REL and GCM, This weeks game will be the 2nd leg of the 2015 edition, and Sterling can lock up the Cup for the 2nd consecutive year with a win over the Patriots.  Sterlings run heavy offense was enough to keep the Ganders from scoring an upset win, but that wont be the case against GCM.  This is a close one heading into the 2nd half, but GCM pulls away and wins it 34-20, Thus leaving the Cup up for grabs until the Patriots and Ganders meet on Oct 9th.

You are crazy if you think either team score 34 points.  I do see GCM pulling it off but only due to RSS being unable to stop Duke. He will be the difference again this week.

I don't see either team scoring 34, but I do believe GCM's offense is only going to get better as the year goes on. Once the new QB learns to spread the ball around more, it will take the pressure off of Duke to be " The Man". There are a few other athletes at reciever and Adams can be a game changer.

GCM 27 - Sterling 17

You are crazy if you think either team score 34 points.  I do see GCM pulling it off but only due to RSS being unable to stop Duke. He will be the difference again this week.

Crazy? Lee scored 21pts against RSS, and should have scored more. Last week GCM should have scored 21pts in the 1st qtr alone, had it not been for 2 int inside the 20(1 inside the 10yd line).  Now, anything is possible on any given Friday night, and "The Goose" may not score 34pts, but to call the idea of that happening "crazy",...that's CRAZY!!

#TheGooseIsLoose

Crazy? Lee scored 21pts against RSS, and should have scored more. Last week GCM should have scored 21pts in the 1st qtr alone, had it not been for 2 int inside the 20(1 inside the 10yd line).  Now, anything is possible on any given Friday night, and "The Goose" may not score 34pts, but to call the idea of that happening "crazy",...that's CRAZY!!

#TheGooseIsLoose

Lee's QB play will be and is way more dangerous they GCM's Qb.  Dont get me wrong I am all in and rooting for GCM. I just think it will be a low scoring game. Look for # 6 to man up on #10.  Should be a good show down.

Lee's QB play will be and is way more dangerous they GCM's Qb.  Dont get me wrong I am all in and rooting for GCM. I just think it will be a low scoring game. Look for # 6 to man up on #10.  Should be a good show down.

It depends on what your version of dangerous is. Lee's QB is a much better runner than GCM's QB, but I would say GCM's QB has a stronger more accurate arm. It would be nice to have a combination of the two.

I have watched a lot of GCM games over the last few years and can count on one hand the number of games they have blown someone out. I think GCM wins a close one. 27-24, every high school game seems to have atleast one missed extra point.

Edited by SFAEAGLES

It depends on what your version of dangerous is. Lee's QB is a much better runner than GCM's QB, but I would say GCM's QB has a stronger more accurate arm. It would be nice to have a combination of the two.

I have watched a lot of GCM games over the last few years and can count on one hand the number of games they have blown someone out. I think GCM wins a close one. 27-24, every high school game seems to have atleast one missed extra point.

And we are definitely lacking in the kicking game for sure.

RSS has a safety that matches up athletically with Duke (Torres Brown.) RSS ran about two different run plays and two different pass plays against REL. I see them opening up against GCM. Should be a toss up IMO. (RSS ran their scat back once all game against Lee.) Just a lot size and athleticism all over for Sterling at almost every position. That being said at RSS for about 90% of their starters this is their second varsity game so anything could happen. As an independent observer. It should be a good game. Lots of people I'm sure will show up and I know the GCM kids have had this date circled on their calendar since last September. I also think Lee will win 4 or 5 games this year if they can get over the Lee/Sterling hangover.

RSS has a safety that matches up athletically with Duke (Torres Brown.) RSS ran about two different run plays and two different pass plays against REL. I see them opening up against GCM. Should be a toss up IMO. (RSS ran their scat back once all game against Lee.) Just a lot size and athleticism all over for Sterling at almost every position. That being said at RSS for about 90% of their starters this is their second varsity game so anything could happen. As an independent observer. It should be a good game. Lots of people I'm sure will show up and I know the GCM kids have had this date circled on their calendar since last September. I also think Lee will win 4 or 5 games this year if they can get over the Lee/Sterling hangover.

Just curious, looking at Lee's schedule, what 4 or 5 games do you see them winning. Sante Fe is doable. Waller, I don't know enough about. Then you have the rest off 22 5A. So I see maybe Sante Fe, maybe Lumberton, and don't know about Waller. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see them win except against GCM. I just don't think they're better than 2 or 3 wins yet.

Just curious, looking at Lee's schedule, what 4 or 5 games do you see them winning. Sante Fe is doable. Waller, I don't know enough about. Then you have the rest off 22 5A. So I see maybe Sante Fe, maybe Lumberton, and don't know about Waller. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see them win except against GCM. I just don't think they're better than 2 or 3 wins yet.

Santa Fe, Lumberton, Vidor. I can also see them upsetting Ozen and GCM. They almost beat Ozen last year. I know Ozen just beat PAM, but I don't think PAM is so great this year.

I'll just say this; I look for Lee to be improved enough that if any team in this disrict besides PNG and Central takes them too lightly they might be in for a suprise. However, if teams prepare like they should, most should beat them.

Also, if anyone on the entire team gets injured things will get dicey for them. They have some depth problems. Most do with their enrollment numbers in a place with multiple high schools. Obviously hopefully no one gets hurt. They are just kids.

Sterlings first play will be "the annexation of Puerto Rico" for -3 yards, 2nd down and 13, they come out in Oopty Ooo formation(5 receivers) and throw their 1st and last pass of the game as Duke takes it for a pick 6. RSS then blocks the GCM pat, and takes it all the way back for 2pts. 

1:36 into the 1st qtr GCM 6   RSS 2 

Sterlings first play will be "the annexation of Puerto Rico" for -3 yards, 2nd down and 13, they come out in Oopty Ooo formation(5 receivers) and throw their 1st and last pass of the game as Duke takes it for a pick 6. RSS then blocks the GCM pat, and takes it all the way back for 2pts. 

1:36 into the 1st qtr GCM 6   RSS 2 

Duke has to be on the field to make a pick 6. lol