Goose Creek Memorial vs Baytown Sterling predictions

N8_44

I think GCM build on their momentum from last year and win this game. They had a strong run game as well

They are majorly missing some of the offensive line that graduated. Stephen Adams (Who in my opinion is an incredible running back) had to shake three guys just to get to the line of scrimmage a few times last week and Tomball Memorial's defensive line is not close to Sterlings in size or speed. That and they run the read option with a pocket passing QB. The RSS nose guard is stronger than the GCM interior line and faster than their QB. IF they try to run the read option again they're going to have a rough time. But That's what quick passes to Duke are for.

Not that this has any bearing on this year's game. But Here are underclassmen scores. I figure people on the post are interested:

JV: RSS (Blue) 40 GCM 8
Freshmen: RSS (Gray) 35 GCM A 12
Freshmen: RSS (White) 8 GCM B 6

Yeah thats impressive for sterling, congrats to those kids that played. There are some things of signs to come, that you can take from under sqquad games, but whether it actually transfers to the Friday night lights, is a different story. RSS use to win Dist in Frosh A, Soph(Suicide Squad) and JV(Blue Devils) quite frequently, yet never made the playoffs.  Just food for thought, not taking anything away from the Lil' Ranger Boys...

Yeah thats impressive for sterling, congrats to those kids that played. There are some things of signs to come, that you can take from under sqquad games, but whether it actually transfers to the Friday night lights, is a different story. RSS use to win Dist in Frosh A, Soph(Suicide Squad) and JV(Blue Devils) quite frequently, yet never made the playoffs.  Just food for thought, not taking anything away from the Lil' Ranger Boys...

A lot of those district champ players at RSS were at Lee the next season in the Olin era..... But it's definitely true that under squad doesn't always transfer. I have heard that the Freshman team at RSS is incredible. Have to put in the offseason work though.

Except after the rezone next year, a lot of these kids could be at different schools.

They are majorly missing some of the offensive line that graduated. Stephen Adams (Who in my opinion is an incredible running back) had to shake three guys just to get to the line of scrimmage a few times last week and Tomball Memorial's defensive line is not close to Sterlings in size or speed. That and they run the read option with a pocket passing QB. The RSS nose guard is stronger than the GCM interior line and faster than their QB. IF they try to run the read option again they're going to have a rough time. But That's what quick passes to Duke are for.

GCM didnt run any read option in the 2nd half last week if I recall correctly. Tomball took it away completely. Sorry but with this kid at Qb they are not a read option team. But if he can build some relations ships with other recievers then Duke and get a little protection he may look good throwing the ball.  

Cant wait for tonight..  Lets go GCM

Although Lee is in our District, the Lee game has never really felt like a rivalry game, in part because "the Goose" has whooped the gander in all previous meetings.  This is just the 2nd time GCM and RSS will meet, yet the buzz around this game around town, and from the players themselves, is intense.  Most of the kids at GCM would be at sterling had we not opened the 3 high schools, so i think that adds the 'little brother" element to this game.  should be a good one! GO PATS!!!!

#POOR'LILrangerboys #BaytownCup

RSS participation numbers are increasing thanks to Gareri.  Every coach will have critics but I hear far, far more positives than negatives.  9th grade has 30+ kids on "A" and almost 60 on "B".  JV squads are solid as well.  Hopefully we can keep the trend going so we can compete.

ive heard the same. 

welcome, hope to see you still here when district begins. 

we know what happen last year on the RSS bandwagon when a certain Fooballer06 was bumpin his gums when they were 5-0 pre district, then after PAM beat them in the last minute of the 1st dist game, He changed his name and his colors, and we never heard from again....well at least not under that "name!"            HINT   #minus2

we know what happen last year on the RSS bandwagon when a certain Fooballer06 was bumpin his gums when they were 5-0 pre district, then after PAM beat them in the last minute of the 1st dist game, He changed his name and his colors, and we never heard from again....well at least not under that "name!"            HINT   #minus2

yes, i remember lol

They actually started off 5-0 and 1-0 in district.  Wheels fell off after that.

Care to wager on that prediction(friendly of course) wink wink....thats a bold statement!

0 points is bold in HS football.  There is always a busted play.  But, I believe RSS Defense will shut down GCM. Other than a busted play, GCM I don't believe GCM will sustain enough to put double digit points on the board.