Nederland vs. Dayton

Bronco94

Do you ever have anything nice to say about your opponents? I mean seriously? 

Nah, these people have had their fun at the expense of Crosby for years so now that the tide has turned deal with it. I will try however to only respond to viable football people that bring relevant football talk so consider yourself safe!!!!! 

Dayton and Ned have kept it classy. PNG and WOS have kept it classy. Common factor on these threads that have made them go downhill.

Common factor is 3 out of these four teams are not any good. Sure didn't keep it classy when they were not as bad but I guess the past ten years of garbage threads are probably mysteriously gone. See note above for my response to u as well. 

Common factor is 3 out of these four teams are not any good. Sure didn't keep it classy when they were not as bad but I guess the past ten years of garbage threads are probably mysteriously gone. See note above for my response to u as well. 

Trash talk will come when Dayton plays district teams that I'm not really fond of. Until then no reason to trash talk a non district opponent with a great tradition. Dayton saves their garbage threads for garbage opponents. Now get off the thread Felicia

Edited by bronco pride

Trash talk will come when Dayton plays district teams that I'm not really fond of. Until then no reason to trash talk a non district opponent with a great tradition. Dayton saves their garbage threads for garbage opponents. Now get off the thread Felicia

Haha I can see your sweat from here. Gonna be a loooong 2 months and lots of excuses from little brother. 

Help me with my memory but I think the games between these two teams always seem to be lopsided. Either Nederland dominates Dayton or Dayton dominates Nederland. Can't recall too many really close games between the two. I see this game having potential to be close, turnovers and costly penalties make the difference.

Early exit 2013, removed in the 2nd round by Elgin. There was a lot of talking about the twins and they were impressive to watch.

A lot of people said Crosby would suck after the Twins left. I said that we may not have two players as dynamic as the Twins but the overall team depth would be better, that statement was seen as laughable at the time. 

Regular season games can be influenced by a bunch of variables but playoff games are usually won by constants. Crosby may have had the best offense in the class that year but giving up 35 to Ned, 34 to KP and 63 to SC really didn't bode well for postseason success. Giving up about 19.5ppg like Crosby did last year seemed to work a lot better than the prolific offense?While high flying offenses are fun to watch in the regular season, running the ball and playing defense still seems to be the recipe for a large portion of the teams playing late into November and December. 

Crosby is getting better as a program at doing the things it takes to have sustained playoff success, which is why I don't think we'll be affected by cyclical talent. 

Edited by Cougar14.2

A lot of people said Crosby would suck after the Twins left. I said that we may not have two players as dynamic as the Twins but the overall team depth would be better, that statement was seen as laughable at the time. 

Regular season games can be influenced by a bunch of variables but playoff games are usually won by constants. Crosby may have had the best offense in the class that year but giving up 35 to Ned, 34 to KP and 63 to SC really didn't bode well for postseason success. Giving up about 19.5ppg like Crosby did last year seemed to work a lot better than the prolific offense?While high flying offenses are fun to watch in the regular season, running the ball and playing defense still seems to be the recipe for a large portion of the teams playing late into November and December. 

Crosby is getting better as a program at doing the things it takes to have sustained playoff success, which I don't think we'll be affected by cyclical talent. 

Not a bad post.. I watched all the SC games last year and there was one constant... All the teams had playmakers on defense.... I say that because I agree with one thing whole heartedly in your post... Finesse is great while its working, but once you knock the finesse players around a little bit, it usually seems to fall apart... So I agree, defense still wins championships.. The key is to be able to support the defense with just enough offense to win games... Times have changed, I use Baylor as an example, when they are hot, they are hot, but there's usually that one game they get beat up on and lose.. And we all know that one loss ends it all for you.. I would agree Crosby is getting better as a program as well.. Makes for some interesting football for sure..