Bragging Post 2015-2016 Hunting Season

bullets13

• 3 weeks later...

An hour and 15 minutes into my 5-day draw hunt I killed a nice buck.  130 4/8 gross 10-point with an 18.5 inch spread.  They've got some absolute giants out here, but I couldn't pass up a deer of that quality on the off-chance of seeing something better.  I actually saw one that may have been bigger about 30 minutes into the hunt, but couldn't get a shot.  I'll see if I can get TVC to post a picture

TVC is about to post a picture of the buck I watched for an hour tonight at 60 yds. It was painful not being able to shoot him, but there was no way I could pass the one I already got considering there was no guarantee I'd see another deer at all, much less a shooter.  That being said, I've seen 9 bucks, 7 of which were legal shooters, 4 of which were wallhangers, and one of which was by far the biggest buck I've ever seen from a stand. the buck tonight was a gorgeous 10-point.  Not super wide, maybe 16-17 inches (the one I killed was 18.5), but he was very, very tall with good mass.  I'd estimate him between 145-150 inches.  Phenomenal deer.  This week a 159-inch 12-point, a 140-inch 12-point, a 135-inch 8-point, my 130-inch 10-point, a 122-inch 9-point, a 118-inch 8-point, and a 123-inch 9-point have been taken.  My buddy Dan missed a deer he swears would be between 150-160, and he's not prone to exaggeration.  This place is amazing.

Edited by bullets13