Dallas Cowboys 2015

On 1/8/2016 at 10:30 PM, robanadana said:

Nope, nothing gonna fix Billy Football. Drew Brees needs to become a Texan next year and work on that second SB and his legacy...future Hall of Famer.

Brees is pretty much done.  Johnny probably won't be on a team anywhere next year unless he gets his head right.

12 hours ago, robanadana said:

Seriously? Done? Brees led the league in passing this year. More yards than anyone on a crappy team. 

The injuries are starting to pile up.  He will be 37 at the start of next season.

With a crappy O-line , only 1 legit receiver,and no running game do you really think he would do any better on the Texans?   Also the Texans can't afford the cap hit his salary would make. 30 mil cap hit would take up all of their space.

On 1/13/2016 at 9:16 AM, bigdog said:

The injuries are starting to pile up.  He will be 37 at the start of next season.

With a crappy O-line , only 1 legit receiver,and no running game do you really think he would do any better on the Texans?   Also the Texans can't afford the cap hit his salary would make. 30 mil cap hit would take up all of their space.

What "legit" QB are you gonna draft next year? This is probably one of the worse years for college signal callers in a decade. Houston drafts 20th. They need someone who will make an immediate impact...and that o-line is not that bad. You do know that Deandre Hopkins was 5th in the league with crap for quarterbacks, right? And it is hard to rate the other receivers without a good QB. BTW, since this is a Dallas thread, how did their vaunted receivers do with their QB carousel? Weeden won one game this year, who was it with? Wanna play name game with a few QBs in the same age bracket as Brees (one is still playing football)? I believe that one (Brady) only really has one legit receiver. Running backs are done by committee on most teams since they run mostly spread offenses, very few "running" (like 0) offenses anymore. And littledog, you need to research what the Texans total salary is and how close they are to the cap. Plenty of room.You nederville guys need to stick with high school football, namely your high school. Let nederland go 2 - 8 next year and I doubt you're on the board.

On 1/17/2016 at 10:55 PM, robanadana said:

What "legit" QB are you gonna draft next year? This is probably one of the worse years for college signal callers in a decade. Houston drafts 20th. They need someone who will make an immediate impact...and that o-line is not that bad. You do know that Deandre Hopkins was 5th in the league with crap for quarterbacks, right? And it is hard to rate the other receivers without a good QB. BTW, since this is a Dallas thread, how did their vaunted receivers do with their QB carousel? Weeden won one game this year, who was it with? Wanna play name game with a few QBs in the same age bracket as Brees (one is still playing football)? I believe that one (Brady) only really has one legit receiver. Running backs are done by committee on most teams since they run mostly spread offenses, very few "running" (like 0) offenses anymore. And littledog, you need to research what the Texans total salary is and how close they are to the cap. Plenty of room.You nederville guys need to stick with high school football, namely your high school. Let nederland go 2 - 8 next year and I doubt you're on the board.

Hmmm, did I hit a nerve?   I agree that there is not much in the draft as far as qbs where the Texans are drafting unless they trade up and lose some picks.  The problem is that QB will be expected to play immediately and that usually doesn't work out very well except in a few instances (Luck, RG III for one year, Newton.)  Hopkins was the one legit receiver I was referring to and their primary RB is gone now.   Brady has Amedola back now and look where they are now, and also has a pretty good head coach even though I can't stand him I will admit that.  Houston's coach may end up out of a job next year if they go backwards.  As far as research goes, look before you type as I have already researched it. :)   Overthecap.com will tell you all you need to know but since you haven't done it, here you go.  The Texans have $27 mil in cap space right now, without signing any of their free agents.  Assuming that they will resign a few of them, that number is less than that.  Brees would be a  a 30mil cap hit on whatever team takes over his contract, which he renegotiated in 2012  do the math.   As far as your 2-8 comment ,  I guess you know all about that don't you. :)