why?

this could be said for half the kids playing any sport but this particular kid has taken care hold of it A's & B's so i see that as a sign of maturity not immaturity... And personally i would rather have a kid with a lil immaturity than a kid who is grown and thinks he an adult already(in terms of thinking he is above authority) ...jmo  

mature as in how he carries himself on a daily basis.

Also.  I forgot that OZEN got a move in at the beginning of school( playing football right now). He should help the team as well...and I forget about Calvin Tyler cause he was hurt most of the year.  Like some have said we will see how the season shakes out.  Preseason don't mean jack.  And don't forget "HOMERS"  im not saying they aren't good.  They will be really good.  Im just stating my opinion on a preseason ranking....

Edited by 5GallonBucket

Being good and making the playoffs is pretty much the norm at schools like Ozen and Central.  But to be a serious contender in the region is what's special in our eyes.  And Ozen us a serious contender with the 3 players that I've named.  Those 3 players are easily the top 5 players in this district and have the most experience probably of any returning players in the state.  

Hmmmm. I'd argue Pearson, Atwood, and Miguez are all top 5. 

Spelling is correct and I think he belongs in the conversation.   If you could adjust for age, he would look even better.

If I were gonna put together a Super Team from the immediate area, this is what it would be:

Pearson (Central)

Atwood (Central)

Boyd (Ozen)

Grubbs (Silsbee)

Miguez (Nederland)

Arnold (Kountze)

Saladin (HJ)

Jamerson (HJ)

T. McCain (Silsbee)

Valsin (Kelly)

If I were gonna put together a Super Team from the immediate area, this is what it would be:

Pearson (Central)

Atwood (Central)

Boyd (Ozen)

Grubbs (Silsbee)

Miguez (Nederland)

Arnold (Kountze)

Saladin (HJ)

Jamerson (HJ)

T. McCain (Silsbee)

Valsin (Kelly)

A top 10 of area players that doesn't include Angel Bullock of Big Sandy is not complete.

This!  I'd put Comeaux over Boyd....

And probably because many of us haven't seen him play. I saw him last March and the kid is good. Top 10 in S.E. Texas

I know you all watch a lot of BB,I trust that judgement will have to see this kid play.I just know what Comeaux was to Ozen #2 ranked team in state obviously he have a big impact on this ranking .