Crosby vs Dayton

Well, the time has come once again to play what has become the premier district rivalry in the SETX sports coverage area. After this year these two teams will have combined for 31 consecutive playoff appearances, Dayton(20) and Crosby (11). Dayton had a distinct advantage in the rivalry during the heart of the Stewart era, but the last 6 years(games) this matchup is 3-3 with the home team winning every game. 

I look at this like a game 7 with Dayton having home court advantage as it should be for having the better record in the series. I'll post the stats throughout the week. 

The question right now is which team gets it done? 

This  will be a playoff effort from both teams no love lost by either team. Some of the new bandwagon fans for Crosby think after seeing Dayton play this will be no contest for the Coogs but my learned colleagues like 14.2  know Dayton will pull out all the stop s to make the game competitive enough to have a chance for the W .

Edited by jayhawk

14.2... just curious. did Kpark turn the ball over in the first half against you guys? I obviously didn't see the game, but noticed they had 2 fumbles and 2 INTs. Also, did y'alls turnovers come in the 2nd half with reserves in the game? Just trying to get a feel for how the game went.

Edited by dayton

I would like to know how many of you Dayton fans that are making predictions have seen Crosby play and Dayton play, for that matter.  I have seen Dayton play three times this year and all of Crosby's.  I don't make predictions but have an opinion that I will keep to myself because anything can happen.  He'll might freeze over though.

Go Crosby !  

#plusone

You thought Dayton's defense could hold KP to 17. What do you think Dayton's defense could hold Crosby to? 

we held them into ot,had a chance to win and dont call mcbrides number till 4th and 7.beat a semi finalist in every stat category butt the scoreboard.keep believing dayt is not better offensively this year.no matter how many yds,points Crosby has,we only need 1 pt more to shock pollsters,doubters.this game gonna be a chess match of who can coach better in the clutch,and turnovers/penalties.Crosby better not have 125 penalty yds called in dayt,like they did 2014,reach blocking,aka holding calls,smh

I said it before this is always my favorite game in district. Crosby has the athletes to probably beat about anyone they play this year, plus a very good coaching staff that knows Dayton very well. I'm not predicting score but I'm hoping Broncos get the win at home. Throw the stats out the window next Friday night at Broncos stadium not a seat left empty for this game on either side.

Go Broncos 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS-  If Broncos can clean up on wrapping up and making tackles we have a shot!!!!!!!!! 

Trying to not wear my rose colored glasses, but the most objective prediction I can muster is:

Crosby - 42 / Dayton 24

I honestly believe 50+ points for the Cougars is not hard to fathom.  Dayton will score but not enough to keep pace. 

Hope it's s good injury free game so that 21-5A can roll into the playoffs. 

Edited by Red Dawn

I would like to know how many of you Dayton fans that are making predictions have seen Crosby play and Dayton play, for that matter.  I have seen Dayton play three times this year and all of Crosby's.  I don't make predictions but have an opinion that I will keep to myself because anything can happen.  He'll might freeze over though.

Go Crosby !  

#plusone

Hhaven't seen Crosby play this year and I'm not making any predictions ! Of course Crosby is the heavy favorite and has the athletes to back it up . Dayton has a team with enough talent than can compete with most teams in the region if healthy and our HC decides actually to put forth minimum effort and coach a whole game .(unlike the last two games when the players were in disarray and got no guidance on what their assignments were) Like I said if we're healthy and the HC shows up the game will be close if not I see Crosby blowing us out by 50 !

Go Crosby !  

#plusone

Since you brought up plus one we have a wager I would like to know if he plans on settling it. Thx

Crosby reminds me of a certain other team from over there a few years back who dominated the land scape while pulling their starters early because of all the big  leads, Man they were  alot alike, Then get into the playoffs a round or two or three and get beat by an underdog of some sort or another, it was standard for that other team. I feel like they could be sneaked up on a couple of rounds deep. Best of luck Bronx this purple brother from another mother is pulling for you. Wish this game wasnt sharing the evening with Mid County Madness............So I could attend. 

Crosby reminds me of a certain other team from over there a few years back who dominated the land scape while pulling their starters early because of all the big  leads, Man they were  alot alike, Then get into the playoffs a round or two or three and get beat by an underdog of some sort or another, it was standard for that other team. I feel like they could be sneaked up on a couple of rounds deep. Best of luck Bronx this purple brother from another mother is pulling for you. Wish this game wasnt sharing the evening with Mid County Madness............So I could attend. 

Definitely shouldn't let the subs play, they only bust their humps all summer and every week during practice.  It probably has a lot to do with trying to stay healthy.  "Could always try to break school records though"