Ozen vs. Central Soul Bowl 2015

BMTSoulja1

I won't pick a winner in this one, but I will predict a lot of D-1 talent, a lot of speed, lots of excuses, and lots of coaching criticism. Should be fun!

The d-1 talent is a good problem that Nederland probably have hardly had.  The coaching?  Just be lucky and thankful that yall have a coach that's been in place for 20+ years...

Well, we'll definitely be in the driver's seat of we beat Ozen,  it I'm looking for a dogfight in Vidor and it'll take a complete game to beat PN-G at the Reservation.  

True, and Ozen and Vidor both still have to play PNG and Vidor also still has to play Lumberton.

I'll pick Central in this one after playing both teams. We ran the ball with ease against Ozen, their defense could not stop our offense. If I am not mistaken, the only drives we didn't score on were one where we fumbled, and the last drive when we kneeled. The others we simply ran the ball down the field 5 yards or more at a time. A few passes here and there. I don't see Ozen being able to stop Whaley, and if he doesn't get 60 carries in this game then I would be surprised!.. And on the other side, Central's great Defense will match up a lot better than we did.

Vidor put up 83 on Lee and Ozen's defense has made some adjustments with strategy and personnel. Don't know If the Lumberton game speaks on the outcome of this game. IJS

This has all the makings of a potential arse whooping if Whaley doesn't play. Hope they do whats best regarding him and that injury. 

Of course not, you know how It goes. I hope he's heathy to play, I want to see us play teams best on the fIeld. No excuse needed from either team. I hope his injury doesn't hurt his future most of all.

Edited by JRidge

On a side note, went to see the former Ozen RB now starting Lamar freshman CB play last night. Kid (#20 now goes by Hot Rod) finished with 1 int, no pasaes were caught on him, several tackles including a decleater that left the WR with a rung bell and a key pass deflection.  Last week was slc player of the week.  Dang shame, Ozen, y'all had a player like this and under utilized him for several years, reducing him to 8 touches in big games while the underclassmen RB got the bulk of the carries.

ANYWAY, go Jags.  Let's redeem ourselves in a big win in front of a capacity crowd!

Yes and thIs seems to be the history of some coaches, not using all of their talent apropreately.