Enrollment numbers

I believe GCM will swap places with Memorial. Last I saw, GCM's enrollment numbers were at 2164. From what I understand, and I could be wrong on this, the early impact school in GCCISD has their enrollment numbers divided up between the 3 high schools. So what this means, is that while these students are part of the total attendance at GCM, they do not go there, or play sports for them. Again, I could be totally off on this, so if someone knows differently, please correct me.

I posted this in a different thread, but it seems more appropriate for this one.

The cutoff numbers will continue to trend upwards compared to the last realignment with Texas continuing to have a huge population growth mostly concentrated in the DFW, Houston and I35 Austin/San Antonio corridor. If you aren't in those 3 areas you won't move up and the Golden Triangle does not count as Greater Houston.

I think it MUCH more likely there will be 5As dropping to 4A than the reverse. It's not so bad down here. It's essentially the 4A of the 1980s and 90's now what with WOS, Stephenville, LaMarque, Brownwood, Carthage, Henderson, Tyler Chapel Hill, Sweetwater, Paris, LCM, Jasper, Silsbee, Bridge City all dropping in the last 13 years.  I'm pulling this off the top of my head but I think the only 4A State Champs from 1985-1995 that haven't dropped down into the current  4A reincarnation is A&M Consolidated.

Edited by Goblin

The cutoff numbers will continue to trend upwards compared to the last realignment with Texas continuing to have a huge population growth mostly concentrated in the DFW, Houston and I35 Austin/San Antonio corridor. If you aren't in those 3 areas you won't move up and the Golden Triangle does not count as Greater Houston.

I think it MUCH more likely there will be 5As dropping to 4A than the reverse. It's not so bad down here. It's essentially the 4A of the 1980s and 90's now what with WOS, Stephenville, LaMarque, Brownwood, LCM, Jasper, Silsbee, Bridge City all dropping in the last 13 years.

Lubbock is also growing.

LCM was 1056 last time and the cutoff was 1060. LCM doesn't belong with our local 4A schools. If I looked it up correctly Bridge City and Silsbee has around 700, Hardin-Jefferson has around 600, West Orange, Orangefield, and Hampshire-Fannett all had around the 550 mark.

And the 6000ish enrollment Planos, Allen, Woodlands don't belong with the 2200 LaPorte. There's no easy answer.

LCM was 1056 last time and the cutoff was 1060. LCM doesn't belong with our local 4A schools. If I looked it up correctly Bridge City and Silsbee has around 700, Hardin-Jefferson has around 600, West Orange, Orangefield, and Hampshire-Fannett all had around the 550 mark.

yeah but we don't belong in 5a. We might dress out 35 kids in football

GCM at 2164?  I thought I saw them at around 1900 for this last re-alignment?  Is GCM growing that fast? 

I was given this number by a teacher around the start of school.  I also read it on here a couple of months ago from another poster. I have not seen anything official though. But yes, subdivisions are going up all around the school. I guess all the hiring Exxon and Chevron are doing over here is the main force that is pulling people in.

Edited by SFAEAGLES

Dunbar has 800, is a city school, and in their district are 2 suburban schools over 2000. Dunbar are also beat one of those last year in football and in basketball was a top 10-15 team in the state.

As the saying goes:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

You do realize I'm a Lumberton parent, right?  I think we had 34 on varsity the last time I counted. :)  And LCM did just fine in this district.  I just don't see it happening again.

well I just sold my house in Lumberton and back in Orange. We did fine  back in the early 80's and mid 90s. When crouch came in he gave us a boost from moody.

Edited by LCM17

And the 6000ish enrollment Planos, Allen, Woodlands don't belong with the 2200 LaPorte. There's no easy answer.

No there isn't. But they need to adjust the numbers in the lower classifications some. When they split to 6A's they didn't really move numbers at all. Perhaps we see a major numbers switch to justify 6 classifications.

Something will change in the next few realignments with the HUGE population growth in Houston.  Fort Bend ISD only had 1 High school fielding a varsity squad in 1979 with Dulles (Willowridge started in 1980), Cypress-Fairbanks ISD only had 2 with Cypress-Fairbanks and Jersey Village (Cypress Creek started in 1980). Within 5 years the two ISDs combined will have 30 High schools with 6A numbers.  Back in 1948, 1949 and 1950 the UIL briefly had a special classification for urban areas... I think it was called the Central City Classification or something like that with only Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Fort Worth inner city schools competing.  It's getting to the point where that needs to happen again.  Houston already takes up all of 6A Region III, a lot of 6A Region II and I foresee them splashing over into Region IV as well with Pearland and Fort Bend continuing to boom.

Edited by Goblin