HD vs WH

Who wins this heated rivalry?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this heated rivalry?

• HD
    • WH

If you are living in the past, then yes I have no rhyme or reason to talk. But, it's 2015 and Hardin is in the 4th spot in one of the toughest districts in the state. Our history is horrible, but history is not playing a factor in this season now is it? West Hardin and HD have been terrible for 5-6 years and it's getting worse every second. Hardin is going in opposite direction from you, "ole boy". You say, Hardin has won 30% of their games all time.

HD is winning 30% of their games for the last 4 years. No what? West Hardin is in the same boat.

You need to do your homework before you post... SMH! HD in 2012 and 2013 were back to back undefeated District Champions by a land slide! For you Hardin folks, that is two seasons in a row, of being undefeated District Champs! lol. I'm sure Hardin has never done that, heck Hardin may have never been District Champs lol. HD lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs two years in a row to Alto by a total of like 7 points combined. Alto was top 5 ranked in State and went on deeper in playoffs. HD was terrible last season and not good this year. HD has Freshman and Sophomores that have been under fire the last few years in one of the true toughest Districts in State. Centerville has came within one game of State, two seasons in a row I believe. This season Lovelady is the stud of the District. And ole boy, Hardin will not make the playoffs lol.  I'm sure we don't have to worry about Hardin folks living in the past, lol.  If it wasn't for the past, the HOF Enshrinement would not happen every year, it's called tradition and legacy... Some schools can only dream about it...

Just a little educational course of study for the Hardin folks.

undefeated ‎(not

This is the hidden content, please
)

1. This is the hidden content, please
    ;
    He was the undefeated tiddlywinks champion of the school.

That is probably the only thing Hardin has been undefeated in... tiddlywinks lol
Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

Ole boy, if you were a WOS, LaMarque, PNG or North Shore fan, you could make that statement. As a Hardin fan, you have no reason to even remotely make that statement. Hardin has won 30% of their games all-time, not to mention are like 45-8 all-time vs HD... Enough said...

Per www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com :  Darrell Barbay - 41-32 in 7 seasons. That's 56%.  Joe Slack - 29-25 in 5 seasons.  That's 53%.  Josh Finney - 11-11 in 2 seasons.  That's 50%.  Stan Hodges (most likely) 5-15 in 2 seasons.  That's 25%.  And they're 5-11 so far under him (31%).

So since Darrell Barbay was at the helm (16 seasons)..HD is 86-83.  Which is right at coin flip, and getting worse by the year.  And that's including games with High Island, Chester, Burkeville, Sabine Pass, West Hardin, and yes...Hardin.  Without question the worst football teams to have possibly ever taken the field.  So HD had to beat those teams every year to be at 50% as of late.  Don't count on HD returning to power status anytime soon.  If ever.

Per www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com :  Darrell Barbay - 41-32 in 7 seasons. That's 56%.  Joe Slack - 29-25 in 5 seasons.  That's 53%.  Josh Finney - 11-11 in 2 seasons.  That's 50%.  Stan Hodges (most likely) 5-15 in 2 seasons.  That's 25%.  And they're 5-11 so far under him (31%).

So since Darrell Barbay was at the helm (16 seasons)..HD is 86-83.  Which is right at coin flip, and getting worse by the year.  And that's including games with High Island, Chester, Burkeville, Sabine Pass, West Hardin, and yes...Hardin.  Without question the worst football teams to have possibly ever taken the field.  So HD had to beat those teams every year to be at 50% as of late.  Don't count on HD returning to power status anytime soon.  If ever.

I never said we have been great recently, I was referring to to Mosshill's last 4 years statement. Finney was undefeated two straight years in a weak District. I have no problem saying HD has been real average for a long time.

I never said we have been great recently, I was referring to to Mosshill's last 4 years statement. Finney was undefeated two straight years in a weak District. I have no problem saying HD has been real average for a long time.

HD had a good run..  there is not denying.  But it's about run it's course.  I believe the town is just dying, with no reason for anyone to move in there.  From what I understand you guys are losing kids at a rate that doesn't even make sense to entertain the idea of being competitive.  Maybe the school should just fold, and merge with neighboring towns....before a strong tradition turns into a joke of a program.

HD had a good run..  there is not denying.  But it's about run it's course.  I believe the town is just dying, with no reason for anyone to move in there.  From what I understand you guys are losing kids at a rate that doesn't even make sense to entertain the idea of being competitive.  Maybe the school should just fold, and merge with neighboring towns....before a strong tradition turns into a joke of a program.

OldSchool we respect your opinion and I will agree H-D may never be what it once was but there is still kids that dont play because they dont like the coach or whatever their reason may be. There is still kids that are here and regardless of what anybody thinks they still need the support of the people in the town. We are from here and still live here our kids still go to school here as for dying it is true we dont get many new students and we have lost a lot of young kids from not many moving in but it is still a town that  has a football team and for its classification i think that we will be competitive in the future.Will we ever be back to where we just dominate I doubt it but you never know.The stats you posted are true but every coach has been over 50% except the coach that is there now.I consider a winning season as one where you make the playoffs there has been very few years that we have missed them. Yes we are one of the worst teams in the state now but I can remember when Kountze had the longest losing streak in the state if not the country and they are at least competitive now.You are entitled to your opinion but I for one wont give up on Bobcat football untill they either close the doors or dont play football there anymore.Thats what it means to be loyal and a Bobcat!!!!!

OldSchool we respect your opinion and I will agree H-D may never be what it once was but there is still kids that dont play because they dont like the coach or whatever their reason may be. There is still kids that are here and regardless of what anybody thinks they still need the support of the people in the town. We are from here and still live here our kids still go to school here as for dying it is true we dont get many new students and we have lost a lot of young kids from not many moving in but it is still a town that  has a football team and for its classification i think that we will be competitive in the future.Will we ever be back to where we just dominate I doubt it but you never know.The stats you posted are true but every coach has been over 50% except the coach that is there now.I consider a winning season as one where you make the playoffs there has been very few years that we have missed them. Yes we are one of the worst teams in the state now but I can remember when Kountze had the longest losing streak in the state if not the country and they are at least competitive now.You are entitled to your opinion but I for one wont give up on Bobcat football untill they either close the doors or dont play football there anymore.Thats what it means to be loyal and a Bobcat!!!!!

No body is saying you guys are lacking loyalty.  Trust me...I know that you HD fans love your HD history.  All I'm saying is that those days are long gone and will never be back.  That's my opinion.  Take it how you wish.

I think it's mighty ironic that you guys use HD's all time winning percentage...and these other schools' all time losing % in the same sentence.  Because these same schools that are historically the worst teams in the state account for a huge portion of HD's all time wins. So to me...it's irrelevant that HD has historically won so many games.  How many of those wins came from High Island, Chester, Sabine Pass, Hardin, West Hardin, and Kountze?  I know you can't help who you play...but you guys talk a lot about how much you win, and how much the teams you guys play are terrible..  So...I've come to the conclusion that historically HD has amassed a huge number of wins against teams that cant beat anybody. 

No body is saying you guys are lacking loyalty.  Trust me...I know that you HD fans love your HD history.  All I'm saying is that those days are long gone and will never be back.  That's my opinion.  Take it how you wish.

I think it's mighty ironic that you guys use HD's all time winning percentage...and these other schools' all time losing % in the same sentence.  Because these same schools that are historically the worst teams in the state account for a huge portion of HD's all time wins. So to me...it's irrelevant that HD has historically won so many games.  How many of those wins came from High Island, Chester, Sabine Pass, Hardin, West Hardin, and Kountze?  I know you can't help who you play...but you guys talk a lot about how much you win, and how much the teams you guys play are terrible..  So...I've come to the conclusion that historically HD has amassed a huge number of wins against teams that cant beat anybody. 

I understand the point you are making and you are probably right but we havent always played the worst teams there is. Hardin and W-H yes they were always in district.Last 10 years or so they have gave up playing the tougher teams and started playing the ones that looked easy i guess is the way to put it lol. I dont live in the past I played at H-D in the 80s always had good teams dont need to relive it. No offense to you are anybody here but when you start talking about my town or the school that my kids go to saying its dead when you dont live there and dont have a clue as to what goes on there then yes it makes me a little mad. Your just like the rest of us on this forum you have an opinion and probably a chip on your shoulder against H-D for some reason but hey your allowed your opinion as am I. Hope to one day prove your opinion wrong if not I will be the first to say hey you were right.......

I understand the point you are making and you are probably right but we havent always played the worst teams there is. Hardin and W-H yes they were always in district.Last 10 years or so they have gave up playing the tougher teams and started playing the ones that looked easy i guess is the way to put it lol. I dont live in the past I played at H-D in the 80s always had good teams dont need to relive it. No offense to you are anybody here but when you start talking about my town or the school that my kids go to saying its dead when you dont live there and dont have a clue as to what goes on there then yes it makes me a little mad. Your just like the rest of us on this forum you have an opinion and probably a chip on your shoulder against H-D for some reason but hey your allowed your opinion as am I. Hope to one day prove your opinion wrong if not I will be the first to say hey you were right.......

Dying.  Not dead.  Not yet anyway...and no offense.  No new business, steady shrinking student population, and growing older population...is the definition of a town that's dying.  Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Dying.  Not dead.  Not yet anyway...and no offense.  No new business, steady shrinking student population, and growing older population...is the definition of a town that's dying.  Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Even though I did graduate from Daisetta I know the definition of dying but thanks for clearing me up on it. The town has had no new business for the last 40 years or more so I guess it's just a slow one. Sorry but I really think you don't know what your actually talking about. By the way the businesses that are there have been there for at least the last forty years. 

Even though I did graduate from Daisetta I know the definition of dying but thanks for clearing me up on it. The town has had no new business for the last 40 years or more so I guess it's just a slow one. Sorry but I really think you don't know what your actually talking about. By the way the businesses that are there have been there for at least the last forty years. 

Ok.  

You have to forgive old school, 55.  He thinks Texas ought to have one high school in Austin and everybody goes there LOL (just ribbing you OS). I will admit that we have to many inferior 2A football programs in this area.  Hopefully, most of the schools will step it up - whatever it takes.  Kids around here are just as good as in Lovelady or Iola.  Better all around competition will improve everyone.  

Good luck this week 55, and old school, I may not agree on your small school solution, but I admire you looking out for the money.  

You have to forgive old school, 55.  He thinks Texas ought to have one high school in Austin and everybody goes there LOL (just ribbing you OS). I will admit that we have to many inferior 2A football programs in this area.  Hopefully, most of the schools will step it up - whatever it takes.  Kids around here are just as good as in Lovelady or Iola.  Better all around competition will improve everyone.  

Good luck this week 55, and old school, I may not agree on your small school solution, but I admire you looking out for the money.  

How about that.. Evabunalumbersilsbeedale joins in the conversation.  

My posts were not to come across as a knock on HD and the kids. Those kids give their best effort.  I just hate it for the program, the community and all those involved over there. It sucks to see the life get sucked out of something when it can be saved or resolved.  A little consolidation never hurt anybody. I think it would do a lot of good actually. Hopefully Friday will be a good contest and the winner can feel good about their season based on this win alone.

My posts were not to come across as a knock on HD and the kids. Those kids give their best effort.  I just hate it for the program, the community and all those involved over there. It sucks to see the life get sucked out of something when it can be saved or resolved.  A little consolidation never hurt anybody. I think it would do a lot of good actually. Hopefully Friday will be a good contest and the winner can feel good about their season based on this win alone.

MossHill  I took no offense to your posts and understand what you are trying to say. Yes H-D is not what it once was and i will grudgingly give you this Hardin has came a long way but why would I want to move my kid from one losing team to another. I believe he can lose at home and not have to travel and if they win Friday night it wont be a feel good moment  in this season it will maybe be a good win but that's all beating W-H or Hardin is not defined at H-D as a good season. If I chose to move my kids it would be to Barbers Hill not for sports but academics. Lets face it the only real consistent program around here is Dayton as far as football. When is the last time Hardin or Liberty for that matter been to the playoffs. So although it is tempting to come over to Hardin we might as well stay here and die a Bobcat thanks anyway.

MossHill  I took no offense to your posts and understand what you are trying to say. Yes H-D is not what it once was and i will grudgingly give you this Hardin has came a long way but why would I want to move my kid from one losing team to another. I believe he can lose at home and not have to travel and if they win Friday night it wont be a feel good moment  in this season it will maybe be a good win but that's all beating W-H or Hardin is not defined at H-D as a good season. If I chose to move my kids it would be to Barbers Hill not for sports but academics. Lets face it the only real consistent program around here is Dayton as far as football. When is the last time Hardin or Liberty for that matter been to the playoffs. So although it is tempting to come over to Hardin we might as well stay here and die a Bobcat thanks anyway.

Well said.

Well said.

Well said.

Hardin Jefferson has came a long ways, I like their community support and new found pride. I do like Hardin's turf lol.

We will find out tomorrow night... Last time WH won they had t-shirts made and had a parade. lol

Well they bout to print more shirts and have em another parade. Dont  these 2 squads have some of the same opponents? Did WH beat Colmesneil? Gosh athletes all over the field in these games...just so much speed...im going to go out on a  limb and say neither team has anyone that can bench press 225 or run a sub 5.0 40 yard dash...that equals bad, bad football

Edited by Uncle Pig

Well they bout to print more shirts and have em another parade. Dont  these 2 squads have some of the same opponents? Did WH beat Colmesneil? Gosh athletes all over the field in these games...just so much speed...im going to go out on a  limb and say neither team has anyone that can bench press 225 or run a sub 5.0 40 yard dash...that equals bad, bad football

Lol that's funny just because neither team is very good and the kids do not go to a big school I guess is your reasoning for that remark..SMH get a life dude. It does not matter to any of these kids if they are real strong or fast all of them have a love for the game so they play. They have been through the summer heat and all of the practices and the losses. They deserve a little respect and not some ass hole that don't know anything about either team running his head when he was probably a cheer leader or band member and couldnt make a football team. Sorry if this offends you but all kids that play a sport deserve respect not someone running them down cause their not as good as someone else......GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.....GO BOBCATS