Texas A&M vs Alabama

Roper84 II

Throwing the three pick 6's bailed Chavis and his defense out. They only stepped up when Bama's offense went into Kiffen mode.

The best defense put forth was by the fans. They brought havoc all day.

A&M D held Bama O to 20 pts, kept them under 400 yds, made them punt 9 times and held them to 4-16 on 3rd down. At home, that should be a Win.  Can't turn the ball over like that against good teams. A&M will be fine.

Good to see the Texas fans back with their posts in support of their old rival.

I knew they were just waiting in the wings until the Aggie's stumbled - However, 1 loss does not destroy a season now we will have to wait and see if they have some pride the rest of the season.

I pulled for the Ags to win, but a stumble?

I pulled for the Ags to win, but a stumble?

18 Point loss is not good - but take out the first quarter and the game was pretty even - Bama is a good team and every team has to play a good game against them to win and 3 pick 6's is not playing a good game.  But who knows maybe we can lose by 35 and 43 and still claim to be having a rebound year.

As with the Texas kicking game - take out the pick 6's and you have a toss-up game.

I am not in panic mode at this time.  

18 Point loss is not good - but take out the first quarter and the game was pretty even - Bama is a good team and every team has to play a good game against them to win and 3 pick 6's is not playing a good game.  But who knows maybe we can lose by 35 and 43 and still claim to be having a rebound year.

As with the Texas kicking game - take out the pick 6's and you have a toss-up game.

You can't go around subtracting parts of games you don't like. It was as much a part of the game as anything else. It is the game. Take away three pick sixes, Ags win. Man oh man.

You can't go around subtracting parts of games you don't like. It was as much a part of the game as anything else. It is the game. Take away three pick sixes, Ags win. Man oh man.

When in my comment did I ever ever say that A&M should have won the game - all I did was point out that the game was not as big a blowout that Texas fans are seeming to state it was - A&M lost I can handle that.  Fact is you give up over 200 yards rushing to 1 player it is hard to find many positives so A&M had better work on its rushing defense or even this year could turn into another average year.

But you don't mind it when Texas fans make the statement - "man if we had not blown the kicking game we would be 4 - 2 and would be talking about the great year we are having"  - so its ok for Texas fans to "subtract" parts of the game but nobody else?  

turnovers are a part of the game. 

In this game, bama earned them and the scores reflected athletism. 

I believe the Aggies have improved some on defense. As the commentators kept saying, bookends are no good without the books. 

When in my comment did I ever ever say that A&M should have won the game - all I did was point out that the game was not as big a blowout that Texas fans are seeming to state it was - A&M lost I can handle that.  Fact is you give up over 200 yards rushing to 1 player it is hard to find many positives so A&M had better work on its rushing defense or even this year could turn into another average year.

But you don't mind it when Texas fans make the statement - "man if we had not blown the kicking game we would be 4 - 2 and would be talking about the great year we are having"  - so its ok for Texas fans to "subtract" parts of the game but nobody else?  

Didnt have to subtract 21 points to make it close. You are losing it with your Texas comparisons.

yep.   Ags need to win the rest and cheer for LSU to be unbeaten going into Thanksgiving weekend. 

not happening if we play them in the weeks before, is Loser State University gonna score versus my Hogs this year?? 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity