coaching staffs of southeast texas

skipper

Coach Lynch, Vandeveer, and Smith- I know they were middle school coaches, but they are who made a lot of Nederland athletes who they are. I know coach Lynch retired but how they let Coach V get away man. These guys takes ego's, attitudes, and structure and made winners. Nothing against head coaches in high school, but middle school coaches mold the athlete. So to Coach Lynch and V hats off to what you put into Nederland history. Coach Smith still doing his thing on field and court. I know it was long but these guys deserve a lot to which no one will give them due respect.

Coach Lynch, Vandeveer, and Smith- I know they were middle school coaches, but they are who made a lot of Nederland athletes who they are. I know coach Lynch retired but how they let Coach V get away man. These guys takes ego's, attitudes, and structure and made winners. Nothing against head coaches in high school, but middle school coaches mold the athlete. So to Coach Lynch and V hats off to what you put into Nederland history. Coach Smith still doing his thing on field and court. I know it was long but these guys deserve a lot to which no one will give them due respect.

I like the point you made.. Can't wait till varsity to start teaching them these things. By then it's too late. And the guys you mentioned are doing all those things without the recognition too. Good picks, and they are probably a huge part of Nederlands success.

Lots of props given to well deserving coaches w/that thought gimme Jerry Stewart @Dayt for what he's accomplished never having more than 21 srs in Dayt,any year & building character & winning program in all his career tenures,incl housing/being a father guide to a HS fb player who's parents would not work things out & neither took responsibility for their son nor wanted him in their private lives=Kudos for that & seeing him succeed in life=good stuff right there

I will be a homer and Say Coach Keel and the entire coaching staff at Shepherd. Reason being is 99.9% of the young men and women that play sports in school will at sometime have to become adults that have a job and children. This coaching staff teaches the young people about life and turning them into respectable citizens in the community that do the right thing. There is way more to these coaches than wins and losses. If most of the young people they coach become great people then these coaches have done way more than just winning a game. OH and it doesn't hurt that they have turned around the football program at Shepherd.

if you had a friend ask you what  coaching staff should he let his son learn under what staff would you say

Coach Dan Hooks & Coach Cornel Thompson: they help young men to develop character traits such as discipline, a winning attitude, goal planning, and meeting their objectives. We know this because these two coaches have aided parents in helping their sons become football players who dominate the region year after year after year… Examples of who has such character traits and citizenship under their (CT, DH) direction. Earl Thomas, Kevin Smith, and so many others whom are good men and fathers it just does not get any better than that.