coaching staffs of southeast texas

skipper

Learn what? Are you looking for football skills or lessons in life like how to strive to be the best, failing is not the end of the world, everyone does not win, etc.?

I imagine there are plenty of coaches with staffs that are great people that are looked up to later in life by former players as true mentors and friends but didn't win district or go to the playoffs every year. 

Coach Babin at Lumberton. Turning boys into mature young men is what his mentality is centered around. And with such a low percentage of high school athletes that actually go on to play at the college level, and even less going pro, I would rather my kids learn under someone who brings that to the schools. Discipline, work ethic, and respect.. That's what will help them succeed at life not just sports.. Don't get me wrong, I believe he is a great football coach and has only began to show what he can do with his team, but that imo is his best quality.

Lol. At the post above... You can't turn chicken stuff into chicken salad..... Lumberton lacks athletes.. That's all there is to it.. You can't coach that... They put out a few in a decade that's it... Unless it's a mass exodus of athletes to Lumberton look for the same as always... Nederland and PNG have more playoff victories in a season than Lumberton does lifetime... That's not being rude, it's just facts... This is the same hoopla that everyone spoke of when  Creduer moved over.... If Lumberton becomes a powerhouse over Nederland and PNG and Central, the district is in bad bad shape.... Throw in a Memorial and it's going to be more of the same...... But these are only my opinions......

Back on topic.......

I'll keep it local......

Offensively.... Give me Ronnie Thompson...

Defensively.... Give me Dan Ray Hooks....

All out winner: Give me Doug Ehtridge.....

well if we talking alltime staffs give me Mike Owens (TJ early 90s)  

Some of those guys went on to great things btw. ;)

Back on topic.......

I'll keep it local......

Offensively.... Give me Ronnie Thompson...

Defensively.... Give me Dan Ray Hooks....

All out winner: Give me Doug Ehtridge.....

I know Ronnie Thompson well...his first assignment in this area was Vidor. We broke the 0 - 44 under him. Great coach. Doug Ethridge got the most out of his talent.

Lol. At the post above... You can't turn chicken stuff into chicken salad..... Lumberton lacks athletes.. That's all there is to it.. You can't coach that... They put out a few in a decade that's it... Unless it's a mass exodus of athletes to Lumberton look for the same as always... Nederland and PNG have more playoff victories in a season than Lumberton does lifetime... That's not being rude, it's just facts... This is the same hoopla that everyone spoke of when  Creduer moved over.... If Lumberton becomes a powerhouse over Nederland and PNG and Central, the district is in bad bad shape.... Throw in a Memorial and it's going to be more of the same...... But these are only my opinions......

See, now if I said that it would almost be treated as insulting. Some things are just inherent though. I agree with you, some schools shouldn't have the capability of being major players on a consistent basis if there are other schools in the district.