Prayers needed in Port Neches

Chase Gordon is the football player yall have been discussing, I am his father and would like to thank all of you for the prayers and support for all highschool football players. He is recovering fine with a scar from sternum to pelvic bone (34 staples) due to it being a trama accident and the surgeon not wanting to leave a leaf unturned to ensure no other organs was ruptured. The surgeon did tell us after surgery that the last highschool football death was from the same injury and there was not a trama center close enough to save him. St. ELIZABETH gave him excellent care and did say that he probably would not have made the trip to Houston. Chase is looking forward to getting back to his highschool soccer and track where he has been a all district soccer player and regional qualifier in track as freshman and sophmore, so keep your eye out for his name during his junior year. doctors said when healed up ( zero restrictions). It is hard for our kids to know the difference between injured and pain, much less (how to describe it), but with care and attention from listening to their bodies, trainers checking them, and parents who are concerned; most can identify and treat accordingly. They said his spleen was ruptured and had bled out over a liter of blood into his abdomen but with today's medicine, recycled all his blood back to him. He went from weighing 175 lbs to 152 lbs in about 10 days but as soon is his 6 to 8 week recovery time is up, he plans on traing to get back to his 175lbs. Thanks again for all the concerns, prayers and awareness that these kids need. Donavon

V__489B.jpg

will be in my prayers. 

Chase Gordon is the football player yall have been discussing, I am his father and would like to thank all of you for the prayers and support for all highschool football players. He is recovering fine with a scar from sternum to pelvic bone (34 staples) due to it being a trama accident and the surgeon not wanting to leave a leaf unturned to ensure no other organs was ruptured. The surgeon did tell us after surgery that the last highschool football death was from the same injury and there was not a trama center close enough to save him. St. ELIZABETH gave him excellent care and did say that he probably would not have made the trip to Houston. Chase is looking forward to getting back to his highschool soccer and track where he has been a all district soccer player and regional qualifier in track as freshman and sophmore, so keep your eye out for his name during his junior year. doctors said when healed up ( zero restrictions). It is hard for our kids to know the difference between injured and pain, much less (how to describe it), but with care and attention from listening to their bodies, trainers checking them, and parents who are concerned; most can identify and treat accordingly. They said his spleen was ruptured and had bled out over a liter of blood into his abdomen but with today's medicine, recycled all his blood back to him. He went from weighing 175 lbs to 152 lbs in about 10 days but as soon is his 6 to 8 week recovery time is up, he plans on traing to get back to his 175lbs. Thanks again for all the concerns, prayers and awareness that these kids need. Donavon

V__489B.jpg

Man I continue to pray for your sons healing and complete recovery.  As a father of 7 (5 boys, 1 is currently a Jaguar) it makes you sit back and look at life and the game of football a little different.  3 of my boys currently play football and the other 2 will probably play when they are old enough.  I love the game of football but I love my kids even more.  I've always told my wife if one of my boys walked in and said he doesn't want to play football anymore, we'd discuss his reasoning but I wouldn't force him.  It is important for players to have the ability to discuss with coaches, trainers and parents if something is not right with their body and not try to hide it, trying to be "tough". 

Get well young Indian...