A West, Texas Comeback

Great StorIes like this on gives you no choice, but to take a liking into West, and there community as a whole! Knowing how much adversity West had to over come and beating the odds. Sticking together as 1 BIG FAMILY and Working Hard to get better everyday as a team, and dealing with a life changing events as young teenagers and there entire town.  If West could pull off winning the SC....wow this would be a great story telling ending! 

Great article . Really thought Kirbyville was gonna handle business.  That game reminds me of 1980 when i was in 7th grade and my Horns played West in the regional round . That was also the year TJ was tearing it up , matter of fact i think they (tj and hf ) were the only two teams left from the area (golden triangle) going into regionals. tj would play lamarque and we played west . Everyone knew TJ roster , but Hamshire at the time coached by Phil Danaher fielded at the time one of the schools best and biggest teams in the schools history.  Led by Qb Fulton "Flip " Johnson (mcnesse st ) ,  WR Anthony" Buzzard" Lewis (mcnesse st)  Ot Robbie Brezina (U of h ) and rb joe king . And on Defense led by All State DE Terry Foreman , Dt Jim Peters , LB Dale Mccown and Db Chris Daigle . This was back when only the district champ made the playoffs and 20-3A was a tough district that year , plus we just moved up from 18-2A . West was picked dead last in 17-3A McGregor was picked to win it and was the bully on the block (went to state the year before) but West won in a 3 way tie or tridistrict championship.  Hamshire was 10-1 and favored to win , but evidently West (8-3) didnt see it that way and ran that misdirection wing t /slot down our throats 35-12 and they would go on to play Van Vleck in semi finals .