Silsbee 43 El Campo 42/Final

WOSgrad

Silsbee really didn't stop the run tonight but made enough stops to win. I think I heard AAW mention that Dove had 210 rushing and Harris 175 rushing. This was the 1st time I think all year a team ha out gained Silsbee in yards. This Tiger team us clutch!!! I think they have just enough fire power to beat Carthage!!!

Silsbee really didn't stop the run tonight but made enough stops to win. I think I heard AAW mention that Dove had 210 rushing and Harris 175 rushing. This was the 1st time I think all year a team ha out gained Silsbee in yards. This Tiger team us clutch!!! I think they have just enough fire power to beat Carthage!!!

naw 

First off congratulations to my Tigers!!  After last year it's great to see such improvement.  We definitely didn't stop ECs running game but I thought we stopped the enough tonight to get a win.   We gave them a the ball inside our 40 once and either inside it or right close to it again for 2 short drives.  We gave up 2 big runs for tds.  That left two long drives that EC scored on.  Not to mention the defense stepping up on the one stand inside the 5.   Our turnovers though nearly cost us.  We can't afford those next week!  I am still not too happy about abandoning the running game there for a couple series especially after stopping EC from scoring.  Our defense needed a little more rest than three passes and out especially when it resulted I such great field position for EC.  

This was definitely a team win, even where the offense is concerned however hats off to Dontre,  he was not going to let his team lose on that last drive. We thought we had the stop on that last EC TD but their big guy wouldn't be denied and I am glad he went on and scored on that play because it left just enough time for Dontre to work his magic.  A great throw to Mackey on the TD and Mackey played his best Jason Whitten and just went up and made a great catch over the defender. I read earlier that a player convinced the coaches yo go for the win.  If that's the case, it just had to be Dontre because he just wasn't going to be denied. 

With th the time of the game next week,  I don't know if I will get to make it but I will be rooting and hollering from wherever I am!  It will be tough and I know that defense wins championships but this offense gives you great hope every game!  Let's Go Tigers!!

What is dontre thomas stats with this game included ? The Willie Ray Smith award winner and Super Gold QB is doing the damn thang !!

Just a quick take:

Thomas has over 4600 yards in total offense and 67 total TD's after tonight's game.

Roughly 1700 yards rushing, 2900 yards passing, 29 rushing TD's, 38 passing TD's.

Can you say WRS Offensive Player Award winner?

Just a quick take:

Thomas has over 4600 yards in total offense and 67 total TD's after tonight's game.

Roughly 1700 yards rushing, 2900 yards passing, 29 rushing TD's, 38 passing TD's.

Can you say WRS Offensive Player Award winner?

The biggest stat doesn't show up on paper......his heart and desire to win!!

Just a few quick stats;

1    2    3    4     T  

Tigers         7   14   6   16   43

Ricebirds    7    7    7    21  42

Silsbee                                            El Campo

Passing

D. Thomas   12-22-250-5-2           E. Arrambide   3-6-91-1-0

Rushing

D. Thomas    20-143  TD               K. Dove           31-230  4TD

A. Thomas    14-68                        A. Harris          17-175   TD

D. Armstrong 1-1                           E. Arrambide   10-49

Receiving

K. Mackey     4-55   TD                 A. Harris            1-39

K. Barnes      3-73   TD                 K. Dove              1-34  TD

T. Lowe         2-76   2TD              W. Arrambide     1-18

A. Thomas    2-11

K. Coffee      1-35  TD

Sil                             EC

First Down                             21                              23

Rush/Pass/Pen                   12/8/1                        19/3/1

Rush Att.                               35                               58

Rush Yards                          212                             454

Pass Yards                          250                               91

Com/Att./INT                      12/22/2                        3/6/0

Total Plays                            57                                64

Total Yards                          462                              545

Fumble: Number/Lost          2/1                               1/1

Penalties                            6-42                              7-64

Punts                                  3-44.7                         3-42.3

Third Down                          7/10                             3/13

Fourth Down                         0                                 3/5

Red Zone Chances-Score  3-3                               3-5

TOP                                   18:00                           30:00