*FRED WILLIAMS CLASSIC*/POST UPDATES HERE

...and talk kid from Memorial...  Where did he come from?  I don't think I seen him last year..  he's pretty good...  

Also, what happened in the West Brook/Kountze game?

West Brook up big early. I believe 15-2 to start the game. Kountze ramped up the press and forced at least 25 turnovers. Sent the game into overtime. Kountze by 9 in OT. No Arnold and TJ Stanford had a big night. 

Same old Same old.I have noticed a lot of you are very critical of Ozen ,weather it be football, basketball ,track or badminton. If I had a kid defending a player 30 ft.from the goal with seconds left, I would be on his arse their was contact possibly should have been a no call but it wasn't. Also we don't want to talk about travel calls ,when there was plenty many against Ozen that virtually took Sneed out of his game.Last but not least we have short term memory Ozen played Memorial 3 times last year same situation blow out first game close games the other 2 (common opponent).Not taking anything away from coach Coleman with Memorial very good hire they have improved already. Ozen please lose some games get out of the rankings and just continue to do you.

as I stated, there were way too many travels calls to go around last night. If you say, 50 were call between the 3 games, it would be believable. The refs were too existent. In a game determining situation no matter the team, Central, Ozen, WB...... Didn't matter, the refs should allow the kids to decide the outcome.

Ozen without a doubt is going to be alright. They have good athletes. I'm excited to see how Paul do When Ozen pressures my Jags. Ho will h adjust.

if anyone thinks last night will determine the out come of the season, they are fooling themselves. But, I like our chances. I love Franklins coaching demeanor. Gonna be fun!!!!!!!

Edited by bcjag

he had decided not to play and focus on football but changed his mind a couple times. He is supposed to be back in practice Monday.

It happens every year at Kelly. Drives me nuts. It effects the team. I understand football is his sport, but the season is over. Playing basketball is better for him than just doing off season workouts. 

I'll say this, I've never seen so many travel calls in all my years of watching Texas basketball. When Memorial tie the game, before that spectacular block off the glass, the refs hit #11 for the Titans with a crucial suspect travel. You should allow a step after a moving dribble, right? They called a lot of travels all three games, made the first two games boring at times. $5.00 is too high to watch these officials officiate,lol.

The jags on the other hand, wow, my man Franklin is coaching. What we ( Central fans) been complaining about on the last coach. Paul paced the floor and communicated with his players. I was impressed with his connection with the progress of the game. He communicated the whole game.

i also witnessed one point he was directing his team and an assistant was standing near the scores table coaching another player at the same time. central has some savvy now. Well coached machine. Players making outlets, communicating to each other, running the court and going bout their business. I was very impressed. I don't know if this will be the norm, my first game, but if it is? This team is gonna be good for a long time SETX.

you should have been at the silsbee wos playoff game at Memorial  2 yrs ago the refs called a total of 38 traveling calls between the two teams never thought the could ever make that many calls in a game.

Horrible call...

Some people believe that a foul should never be called on a last second shot. I disagree. If its a foul, you have to call it. But in this case, the defense was standing there and the shooter leaned in to draw contact. He even falls forward. I was sitting with a ref last night that said it should have been a no call

The call from the Ozen vs Memorial game 

There was contact but it was initiated by the offensive player.  With that shot, I don't make that call in normal game conditions, much less on a last second shot.  But bad calls happen and you have to play through them.  Some pointed out earlier in this thread that Memorial missed several layups.  Make a couple of those and the bad call here is irrelevant.  

There was contact but it was initiated by the offensive player.  With that shot, I don't make that call in normal game conditions, much less on a last second shot.  But bad calls happen and you have to play through them.  Some pointed out earlier in this thread that Memorial missed several layups.  Make a couple of those and the bad call here is irrelevant.  

I was a sloppy ball game

Boyd had gone a while without touching the ball in the 4th quarter until an Ozen timeout fixed that. They put him in the low block and he touched the ball on every offensive possession for the remainder of the game. That adjustment won them the game. Memorial was leading and had all the momentum up until that point in the 4th quarter.

Edited by winwin

Boyd had gone a while without touching the ball in the 4th quarter until an Ozen timeout fixed that. They put him in the low block and he touched the ball on every offensive possession for the remainder of the game. That adjustment won them the game. Memorial was leading and had all the momentum up until that point in the 4th quarter.

I liked that move, but Memoria should've adjusted.  With big boy patrolling the paint, Boy's post scores should've been erased...