****Carthage vs Silsbee****

Silsbee is 3-0 in basketball and ranked #1 in state. Silsbee is not like the rest of you. ;)

The more I think about it...the more I realize..  Even with all of these #1 rankings and 30+ win seasons...the area doesn't really bring home any hardware in basketball either.  Not for a while anyway.  Accept ion...Yates maybe.  Most highly recruited school in all of greater Houston.  Lol.    I mean...without a doubt the best team in the entire area for it's class (Big Sandy) lost the state championship last year to a bunch of medium sized football players.

Makes me realize even more than there is a lot of "I'm not as good as I think" going on around here.  Makes me lean more and more towards Carthage.

Good luck to all parties.  Hoping for an injury free game.

Carthage will win by 14, it will be close the first half and then the 2nd half Carthage will be too much. If and when I am wrong, I will be man enough to admit it and congratulate Silsbee. Carthage's O and D lines will simply wear out Silbee's lines. We all know that defense wins big games, and Carthage's defense has gotten better every week and will be the difference in the game. The Carthage quarterback weighs more than most of your guys, I was not very impressed with the size of Silsbees O and D lines on the videos that I watched on MaxPrep. Silsbee definitely has impressive speed that will create havoc on several plays on offensive and defense, but Carthage has too many weapons that you will not be able to contain. Good luck. Go Dawgs!

Yeah, Silsbee has O weapons on offense. The QB is small, slow and not a very good arm. The receivers look like they run in molasses. The RB runs with sand bags tied to his feet The offensive line is small.(I just don't see how that one kid is the #2 rated lineman in the country...must be a commie plot ) the defense...well, they try I will give them that.

No team in Texas or dare I say the whole football playing world compares to the 2015 Carthage Bulldogs.

Good luck Tigers

Edited by Pepper Brooks

The more I think about it...the more I realize..  Even with all of these #1 rankings and 30+ win seasons...the area doesn't really bring home any hardware in basketball either.  Not for a while anyway.  Accept ion...Yates maybe.  Most highly recruited school in all of greater Houston.  Lol.    I mean...without a doubt the best team in the entire area for it's class (Big Sandy) lost the state championship last year to a bunch of medium sized football players.

Makes me realize even more than there is a lot of "I'm not as good as I think" going on around here.  Makes me lean more and more towards Carthage.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I see the posts bragging about the bball team. Yes they are very good in their area and class but they won't be bringing home trophies anytime soon.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I see the posts bragging about the bball team. Yes they are very good in their area and class but they won't be bringing home trophies anytime soon.

Poor ole Silsbee, just can't do anything right.

Might as well move the town of Silsbee to East TX so we can start winning trophies.

Maybe some of that East TX greatness will start rubbing off on them

Edited by Pepper Brooks

Poor ole Silsbee, just can't do anything right.

Might as well move the town of Silsbee to East TX so we can start winning trophies.

Maybe some of that East TX greatness will start rubbing off on them

Not a knock on Silsbee at all. Just don't think they will win it all. Heck we know Carthage can't even touch Silsbee on the court. Imagine if we beat yall, there will most definitely be payback on the court. I just think Dallas Lincoln will take it this year.

Silsbee has my respect that they have earned this year. Carthage did not look that good at the beginning of the season and I figured they would get knocked out the 1st or 2nd round. They proved me wrong and we are deep in the playoffs again. I hope the fans all have safe travels, see everyone at the game. Go Dawgs!

Like you, I too had concerns, & yes, even doubt about our chances of going very deep into the playoffs in the early games. The Dogs just seemed to be inconsistent then. There were games where things just didn't click, & I felt like both the Gilmer & Kilgore games were squandered because both games were well within reach, we just missed critical opportunities to succeed. I do feel there were some distractions, without naming names , which seem to be resolved now and the team has gelled nicely now & all seem to have a common goal now which is winning it all, once more and the way they have played in the past six weeks is proof enough for me that    the Dawgs are once again a Serious contender for The Crown!

Oldschool, for your info SETX has a ton of basketball state champions. Last Season Kountze and Ozen advanced. BMT Central the year before that. Kountze has about 5 state titles along with 3 at Hardin Jefferson and plenty over there in Port Arthur. SETX is good in sports!

when was the last state champion in basketball around here?  Im thinking Kountze maybe 8 years ago??? 

Oldschool, for your info SETX has a ton of basketball state champions. Last Season Kountze and Ozen advanced. BMT Central the year before that. Kountze has about 5 state titles along with 3 at Hardin Jefferson and plenty over there in Port Arthur. SETX is good in sports!

Comprehend much?..  wow

And "SETX is good in sports"?  You have some teams that dominate this area..no doubt about it.  But it's an awful funny coincidence that these "good teams" always bow out when they play good teams from other areas.  Sometimes not even good teams for their respective area.  smh...

Comprehend much?..  wow

And "SETX is good in sports"?  You have some teams that dominate this area..no doubt about it.  But it's an awful funny coincidence that these "good teams" always bow out when they play good teams from other areas.  Sometimes not even good teams for their respective area.  smh...

I don't get it, you do nothing but bash this entire area and the athletic programs.

Are you that miserable of a person? if that is the case, it must suck to be you.

Not a knock on Silsbee at all. Just don't think they will win it all. Heck we know Carthage can't even touch Silsbee on the court. Imagine if we beat yall, there will most definitely be payback on the court. I just think Dallas Lincoln will take it this year.

so what do you know about Lincoln that TABC doesn't know,  they aren't even ranked as of now? 

Arguing with Carthage folks about basketball. What a complete waste of time. smh

Haven't you heard? We have to try and find something that Silsbee is better than Carthage at?

According to all the Carthage Nostradamuse's on every messege board state wide or regional, Silsbee has absolutely no shot in this football game...lol

I don't get it, you do nothing but bash this entire area and the athletic programs.

Are you that miserable of a person? if that is the case, it must suck to be you.

I'm not surprised that you call it bashing...because of the way you're taking it.  The area doesn't have to be this way.  I keep suggesting things to bring setx to par with the rest of the state..I would truly like to see it.  But every time I suggest something I'm "bashing".  So...whatever.  Fact is that your setx schools still do things the same way they did 30 years ago...and you're all ok with it.  Facilities, coaching stipends, number of coaches, teacher salaries, etc...and you wonder why the rest of the state is leaving you behind.  Whatever man...keep using WOS and Newton as your measuring stick for football.  And who for basketball?  Kountze, HJ, Silsbee, Ozen, Big Sandy, Central...for basketball.  I'll be the guy over here watching state championship trophies go other places.

I'm not surprised that you call it bashing...because of the way you're taking it.  The area doesn't have to be this way.  I keep suggesting things to bring setx to par with the rest of the state..I would truly like to see it.  But every time I suggest something I'm "bashing".  So...whatever.  Fact is that your setx schools still do things the same way they did 30 years ago...and you're all ok with it.  Facilities, coaching stipends, number of coaches, teacher salaries, etc...and you wonder why the rest of the state is leaving you behind.  Whatever man...keep using WOS and Newton as your measuring stick for football.  And who for basketball?  Kountze, HJ, Silsbee, Ozen, Big Sandy, Central...for basketball.  I'll be the guy over here watching state championship trophies go other places.

LOL! You seem proud of that fact.

You need to change your user name to newschool2000. Would be more representative of your view points in regards to successful athletic programs.

Arguing with Carthage folks about basketball. What a complete waste of time. smh

Are you sure that the Carthage folks aren't Cosby clowns with new avatars? Who are really the Summer Creek knuckleheads who had to find another team after they got stuck in 6A where they belonged. There are several similarities...and you can have several aliases on here. Jus' sayin'.

so what do you know about Lincoln that TABC doesn't know,  they aren't even ranked as of now? 

Soooo....by your logic what did Silsbee people know about the Tigers that Dave Cambell didn't? Silsbee got 0 top 10 preseason votes but they made it to the elite eight. Rankings don't mean a thing. Heck I think Carthage was in the top 10 last year and had no business there.

Apparently a lot if they are not ranked. Please tell me you don't listen to rankings. Even with our "mighty" dawgs we don't care about high rankings. People look at returning starters and base it off that. How Lincoln is not ranked beats the crap out of me. They barely loss to power James Madison and they were very young. Point guard was a freshmen. I'd be very surprised if they don't win it all. Rankings mean nothing. All they do is sell magazines and increase website traffic. 

Edited by ctown81

Apparently a lot if they are not ranked. Please tell me you don't listen to rankings. Even with our "mighty" dawgs we don't care about high rankings. People look at returning starters and base it off that. How Lincoln is not ranked beats the crap out of me. They barely loss to power James Madison and they were very young. Point guard was a freshmen. I'd be very surprised if they don't win it all. Rankings mean nothing. All they do is sell magazines and increase website traffic. 

Lincoln is 3-3, with one of those wins over Houston Bellaire, 79-78. The same Houston Bellaire team that a Silsbee Lite beat last week 63-59. Just to catch you up to speed, Silsbee is "Lite" because they still have 8 varsity players (3 of which are starters) still playing football.

Dallas Lincoln is good, not state champion good.

Again, waste of time discussing this matter with the likes.

LOL! You seem proud of that fact.

You need to change your user name to newschool2000. Would be more representative of your view points in regards to successful athletic programs.

Proud of what fact?..  I said I wanted setx to catch up with the rest of the state.  Just because my handle is "oldschool" doesn't mean I'm above adapting.  I was a good player because I adapted to NEW ideas.  Nobody was more excited about the 3 point line than me...I'd been shooting from there and beyond my whole life.  ADAPT

That's what is so aggravating..  It would be different if the schools down here were doing those things.  Instead all I hear is "we're #4 (or whatever) in the state and we don't have turf or a new school".  Yeah ranked high because you may go 9-1 beating these other crappy setx schools.  That don't mean you're good...it might just mean you haven't played anyone.  Crosby, Kirbyville, East Chambers, Newton, ..powerhouses..all at home.  I'll admit Silsbee is having a good run.  Last week was an impressive win.  But gonna take a lot more than that to get me on board.  I want to see some hardware.

Lincoln is 3-3, with one of those wins over Houston Bellaire, 79-78. The same Houston Bellaire team that a Silsbee Lite beat last week 63-59. Just to catch you up to speed, Silsbee is "Lite" because they still have 8 varsity players (3 of which are starters) still playing football.

Dallas Lincoln is good, not state champion good.

Again, waste of time discussing this matter with the likes.

Lincoln doesn't have all their players yet but will soon. I'm not knocking Silsbee at all but I don't think they can beat Lincoln or Madison. Actually think it says a lot about Silsbee to be 3-0 with their players out. Since you want to talk about records, look who they lost too. Please list those games. The teams they lost to Silsbee can't beat. So they barely beat Bellaire. 

They're schedule is VERY tough. All you looked at is 3 losses on the record.

Congrats on beating Diboll and LaTexo btw. Come with a better argument next time please.

Edited by ctown81