****Carthage vs Silsbee****

Arguing with Carthage folks about basketball. What a complete waste of time. smh

I agree but wasn't really trying to argue, just wanted to see why he thinks he is better than TABC.  Granted those rankings don't mean a lot at all.  Look at Navasotas ranking obviously they weren't the best in the state if Carthage beat them.  By the way I would never have voted our Tigers in the top ten in football either until the playoffs if there was a new poll then.

This is Crazy Town!!!! If Silsbee was playing Navasota this week instead of Carthage, all you Silsbee fans would have the same opinion of your team. And you would all think Silsbee would come out victorious at the end of the game. Why is it so wrong for Carthage fans to believe or state their beliefs? Is it because Carthage is playing Silsbee they should have no opinion of the game? Or you don't want to hear that Carthage fans believe in their coaches and the players? 

People come on here and make crazy statements about Carthage and the people who live there. I made a statement about we vote yes on bond issues, that went into a whole discussion about the indoor facility. The last time we played y'all people were on this board making comments about how many coaches we have???? About the buses the kids travel on???? So on and so forth... REALLY!!!! So many caddy comments that are not necessary. On Friday night, when you look across the field, you will see, stands full of your average hard working middle class families. People who work hard day in and day out to provide for their families. Our property taxes are capped in Panola County, they have been increased to the max. We vote yes on bonds, to keep our tax dollars in our school district for our kids. Call me crazy, but when you read comments and see what people say... It doesn't appear you are disgruntled about the contents of the book but about the cover; the window dressing. However, if you actually come right out say what really irritates you about Carthage then you appear to be pea green. And no, it is not arrogance or being cocky for Carthage to be proud of what they have voted on to provide for CISD. Every school district in the state has the opportunity to do exactly what we have done.

I agree but wasn't really trying to argue, just wanted to see why he thinks he is better than TABC.  Granted those rankings don't mean a lot at all.  Look at Navasotas ranking obviously they weren't the best in the state if Carthage beat them.  By the way I would never have voted our Tigers in the top ten in football either until the playoffs if there was a new poll then.

I just really dislike rankings. I don't know more than they do but I have common sense. I just happen to know a lot about both Lincoln and Madison sports. Like Carthage last year in football, they were just young. I think the same thing about Lincoln. I just think the road to state is stronger in the Dallas area and give the edge to them this year. 

Lincoln doesn't have all their players yet but will soon. I'm not knocking Silsbee at all but I don't think they can beat Lincoln or Madison. Actually think it says a lot about Silsbee to be 3-0 with their players out. Since you want to talk about records, look who they lost too. Please list those games. The teams they lost to Silsbee can't beat. So they barely beat Bellaire. 

They're schedule is VERY tough. All you looked at is 3 losses on the record.

Congrats on beating Diboll and LaTexo btw. Come with a better argument next time please.

LaTexo??

Again, waste of time.

btw, Lincoln has all their players.

I am confused with the conversations on here: practice, indoor facilities, giving jobs to recruit players, basketball, and baseball. What will we talk about next, soccer perhaps? We are 3 days away from a big football game and there is not very many valid points that prove why you think that Silsbee wins. You are too caught up on thinking that Carthage just feels like they are better and look down on Silsbee. U-Know was right when he stated "On Friday night, when you look across the field, you will see, stands full of your average hard working middle class families. People who work hard day in and day out to provide for their families." I am proud to be from Carthage and be a part of a good football run the last 6 years or so, Carthage people have not always had good teams to watch but have always been supportive. We all know that it's more fun to follow a winning team and tend to complain when things are not going our way. As I have said before, this will be a game played by 2 teams that have earned the right to be here  and have a chance of winning this game. I have no doubt that Silsbee will have some success and play hard, they are a very fast and aggressive team. I just have to support Carthage and believe that what progress they have made every week, they will come out on top on Friday night. Go Dawgs!

Yeah, Silsbee has O weapons on offense. The QB is small, slow and not a very good arm. The receivers look like they run in molasses. The RB runs with sand bags tied to his feet The offensive line is small.(I just don't see how that one kid is the #2 rated lineman in the country...must be a commie plot ) the defense...well, they try I will give them that.

No team in Texas or dare I say the whole football playing world compares to the 2015 Carthage Bulldogs.

Good luck Tigers

I just don't get you.  You seem to want to be defensive on everything.  Get real!  Two teams have played well enough to get to the quarter finals on Texas High School football.  Not everyone you have talked with has run Silsbee down, yet you don't want them to get out of the so called gutter that you think we, the Carthage fans, have put them in.  I'm looking forward to a good game.  I hope Carthage wins big, because I'm to old to take the stress of a close game.  However, I am going in prepared to see two quality teams play football.  There are no bad teams at this stage of the playoffs.  Should the Dawgs loose, I plan on following you on the net to see how well you do.  If I am able to get to Houston, I will pull for the 4a div 1 team from this region.  Just because I have said that I believe that Carthage will win, if even by 1 point, doesn't belittle your Tigers.  So please, quit baiting people to run your kids down.......cause I'm not!

Silsbee would hang 130 on Carthage in basketball. Back to football. Silsbee will win and hang 50 on tall Friday. 

You probably would hang how ever much you wanted to on the basketball team.  Carthage used to have descent teams in the 70's, but nothing dominating in basketball that I can remember.  Football and Baseball have always been Carthage's two sports....well, besides track, girl's softball.....

As far as 50 on the football team, if you do, it will be an 101 point game......with the Dawgs on top.  LOL.

I have no issue at all with a Carthage fan claiming they will win Friday night. I am ok with Carthage fan stating they will win by 7-10 points. It's the ones stating Carthage will blow out Silsbee and the Tigers don't belong on the same field as the Bulldogs that I take issue with.

Like I have said before, have no problem with confidence in your team. I love it. Just don't like it when that confidence is over the top which comes off as very arrogant.

No denying the history of Carthage football. Much much better than Silsbee and that has been proven on the field the last two times these teams have met. I just think it's not that relevant in this particular game.

This is the best Silsbee offense I have ever seen (been watching Silsbee football since 1971). I like the Tigers chances in winning this game.

Carthage is the favorite, just not the overwhelming favorite that some are stating.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

I have no issue at all with a Carthage fan claiming they will win Friday night. I am ok with Carthage fan stating they will win by 7-10 points. It's the ones stating Carthage will blow out Silsbee and the Tigers don't belong on the same field as the Bulldogs that I take issue with.

Like I have said before, have no problem with confidence in your team. I love it. Just don't like it when that confidence is over the top which comes off as very arrogant.

No denying the history of Carthage football. Much much better than Silsbee and that has been proven on the field the last two times these teams have met. I just think it's not that relevant in this particular game.

This is the best Silsbee offense I have ever seen (been watching Silsbee football since 1971). I like the Tigers chances in winning this game.

Carthage is the favorite, just not the overwhelming favorite that some are stating.

Now, I do ask this with extreme caution... Are you sure it was a Carthage fan stating Silsbee did not belong on the same field as Carthage and Carthage by a huge amount or others trolling? Im not saying either way... Im just asking...

Carthage Ranking: National-484 / State-62 / State Division-3 / Region-13

Silsbee Ranking: National-1198 / State-149 / State Division-14 / Region-38

Carthage and Silsbee both improved their rankings by winning last Friday night, this information came from MaxPreps.

Team Scoring Averages

Carthage Q1 8.5 Q2 12.4 Q3 8.2 Q4 5.4 0T1 6.0 Total 34.9

Silsbee Q1 11.2 Q2 13.4 Q3 17.2 Q4 12.0 Total 48.4

Silsbee leads the scoring average category, which supports the fact that they have the ability to score and have maintained a pretty good average for all 4 quarters. We proved last week that we have the ability to put up a big score, even after committing 4 turnovers. I understand that this is one of the best teams that Silsbee has had in years, great job to Silsbee. Silsbee scored 42 while Carthage put up 55 last week, that is why I am picking Carthage by 14. We shall see what happens on Friday night. Go Dawgs!

Carthage has average middle class people? So what does Silsbee have below average poor people? GTFOHWTBS. Carthage has the most stuck up $30,000 millionaires in Texas just like Dallas. You claim to be blue collar but most are white collar. I'm OK with you rooting for your team but trust me no one in SETX gives a rats ass about your indoor practice facility. Do you adults go play 2 hand touch in there after work? SETX has many state championships. Maybe we get one or two more this year but I can promise you none of our fans are as much of a D Bag as you guys are. 

Carthage has average middle class people? So what does Silsbee have below average poor people? GTFOHWTBS. Carthage has the most stuck up $30,000 millionaires in Texas just like Dallas. You claim to be blue collar but most are white collar. I'm OK with you rooting for your team but trust me no one in SETX gives a rats ass about your indoor practice facility. Do you adults go play 2 hand touch in there after work? SETX has many state championships. Maybe we get one or two more this year but I can promise you none of our fans are as much of a D Bag as you guys are. 

+100000000

unfortunately those guys got under your skin because they believe in their kids. Hate that it came to this kind of post. They are no more city than Gilmer. Matter of fact their almost just like us. Everybody needs to get a grip. May the best team win......peace. Such sensitive skin.......on a message board. C'mon