****Carthage vs Silsbee****

It looks like your team has had a great year.  Carthage is better than their record,  but the 3 games they lost were by a combined 7 points.   They have surprised a lot of people,  because many thought it would be a down year.

That said,  Carthage had 4 turnovers,  including a botched pooch kick.  One interception was returned for a touchdown.   The botched kick return and another interception was grounds for 2 more scores.  Navasota has a great team.  Haven't read anything about your team yet, to speak of, but at this point,  I think Carthage is a 14 point winner.

If Carthage turns the ball over 4 times against Silsbee, the Dogs will be in trouble.

We all know Carthage has a good football team, and believe me Silsbee fans are use to the disrespect from other schools fan bases. We do not get the publicity as some other schools, but you can bet Silsbee will come after Carthage and the Tiger offense is relentless. 

Don't be surprised if Silsbee wins this by a TD or 2.

[quote name="BulldogBacker12" post="2328771" timestamp="1448755915"]

Seen this same song and dance from Silsbee poster's before the last 2 blowouts. How we better take them seriously, and they were going to send the Dawgs packing. They might be a little better this year, but the Dawgs are way too much for them right now. Our offense has turned from pretty dang good, to prolific in the last 5 or 6 weeks. I won't say we will shut out Silsbee, but they will not win in a shootout against the Dawgs. I just don't see how they could win this game. Our defense is better. And our offense at minimum, is just as good. Navasota, who most consider to be the most potent offense in the state got in a shootout with Carthage and we know how that turned out. For people to say Silsbee is just as good or better than Navasota is kinda silly IMO. They have done nothing this season to prove that to be true.

Here you go Smoke.  An honest opinion with no holding back.  Make of it what you will.  

Yeah, and Kilgore beat Carthage in district play and El Campo beat Kilgore and Silsbee beat El Campo. 

Silsbee has a big and physical offensive line. 

I like Silsbee's chances 

I'm not comparing scores and playing that game. I'm looking at what I saw with my own two eyes on consecutive weeks against the same opponent. 

Carthage is better than CH. As a unit are better at WR. Are better on the offensive line. Are probably better at rb (considering that was Ch's JV running back for 8 games). Better and more experienced at QB. Silsbee is going to have their hands full with Carthage on offense.

on the other side of the ball. Carthage is definitely better than CH was on defense. I think Silsbee will have success, don't get me wrong. But it's gonna be a TALL task to out score Carthage. 

If Carthage turns the ball over 4 times against Silsbee, the Dogs will be in trouble.

We all know Carthage has a good football team, and believe me Silsbee fans are use to the disrespect from other schools fan bases. We do not get the publicity as some other schools, but you can bet Silsbee will come after Carthage and the Tiger offense is relentless. 

I love your optimism.  I also don't understand why you're so offended and think I am showing disrespect to your Silsbee team.  I am not being disrespectful at all.  You obviously want to disrespect a team that has hardware to prove they are better than you might think. 

I think ya'll are better than you have been, but we are better than you think.  Dawgs by 14.

I love your optimism.  I also don't understand why you're so offended and think I am showing disrespect to your Silsbee team.  I am not being disrespectful at all.  You obviously want to disrespect a team that has hardware to prove they are better than you might think. 

I think ya'll are better than you have been, but we are better than you think.  Dawgs by 14.

I am not offended, believe me. I just think y'all are underestimating Silsbee. 

And Silsbee is a lot better than you think

Silsbee by a TD or 2

Badsanta - no recruiting needed here.  Panola County has plenty of talent already.  Baseball has nothing to do with football.  Even though Carthage has a number of state titles in Baseball also.  When you get to this level of football, my friend, there are not any bad football teams.  You've won some games against some good teams and some not so good teams.  Carthage has done so also.  Wouldn't expect Silsbee to lay down in a ballgame.  Carthage won't either. 

Edited by mute

You never know how these games will turn out the refs may have a big part in this game silsbee is hot and so is Carthage you guys are the better team sure but Carthage was also a state championship team and the better team when el Campo upset them a few years ago it will take some luck and good fortune to beat carthage in Tyler but it can be done sealy talked noise and el Campo was pissed off silsbee runs almost  like a vince young offense  if you blitz he gets rid of the ball fast if you play coverage he will run it just check his stats he has 67 tds on the year it's going to be a great game.

Navasota was number one for a reason but what were their stats outside of district?  Their district except for Sealy would be about like Silsbee playing Cleveland or Splendora 4 or 5 games.  I don't know how you can compare offenses except maybe common opponents.  I know each game it is harder and won't expect anything less than great play from Carthage.  Hopefully I will get to see just how we matchup.

I say Silsbee by 2 TD !! 

Does Carthage still do a lot of recruiting for football. You know, give parents jobs I'm return for their kids football/baseball talents?

YES! 100% Y-E-S... YES!!! It is the norm in NorthEast Texas! Recruit players; give their parents great jobs! We call it.. "Keeping up with Jones'" Survival plain & simple! Look what you have all in about 60 mile radius... Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Tatum, Waskom, Tenaha, so on & so forth all State Champions in the past several years or so some multiple! Not to mention, Marshall & Longview. So we head across the state line & get kids from Shreveport & bus them over everyday! Sssshhh! Don't tell anyone! We recruit those Louisiana boys better than LSU!!! 

I did find humor in your question! No kind sir we do not recruit! Northeast Texas is very fortunate to be rich with talent and have numerous programs in all classifications with top notch programs! Thanks for inquiring!

Yeah, and Kilgore beat Carthage in district play and El Campo beat Kilgore and Silsbee beat El Campo. 

Silsbee has a big and physical offensive line. 

I like Silsbee's chances 

if you REALLY follow east Texas football, everyone knows the Carthage team that lost to Kilgore is NOT the same team that will take the field Friday night...(ask SOTA)...so to attempt to compare teams by an early district lost is foolery.. Carthage by....enough.

I LOVE Carthage's chances 

YES! 100% Y-E-S... YES!!! It is the norm in NorthEast Texas! Recruit players; give their parents great jobs! We call it.. "Keeping up with Jones'" Survival plain & simple! Look what you have all in about 60 mile radius... Carthage, Gilmer, Kilgore, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Tatum, Waskom, Tenaha, so on & so forth all State Champions in the past several years or so some multiple! Not to mention, Marshall & Longview. So we head across the state line & get kids from Shreveport & bus them over everyday! Sssshhh! Don't tell anyone! We recruit those Louisiana boys better than LSU!!! 

I did find humor in your question! No kind sir we do not recruit! Northeast Texas is very fortunate to be rich with talent and have numerous programs in all classifications with top notch programs! Thanks for inquiring!

+1000

Edited by ProfDMC

Edited by ProfDMC
Posted wrong place

Silsbee has earned respect by beating El Campo and making it to the quarter finals, I look forward to supporting the Dawgs on Friday. To all the fans complaining about the drive to the game, true fans find a way to make it to the big games. Carthage's O and D line will dominate and win, I expect a good game just like last week. Navasota was 28 and 0 and defending state champions, we were able to win a great game. You will see that coaching will be the difference on Friday night, Carthage wins by 14. 

if you REALLY follow east Texas football, everyone knows the Carthage team that lost to Kilgore is NOT the same team that will take the field Friday night...(ask SOTA)...so to attempt to compare teams by an early district lost is foolery.. Carthage by....enough.

I LOVE Carthage's chances 

I live in East TX and yes I know east tx football is the greatest of greats. Real football is only played in east tx. East tx speed and all the other manure that most of the fans shovel up here.

if you REALLY follow Southeast Texas football, everyone knows the Silsbee team that lost to Huffman is NOT the same team that will take the field Friday night...(ask El Campo)...so to attempt to compare teams by an early district lost is foolery.. Silsbee by....enough. (See what I did there:))

I LOVE Silsbee's chances

Besides Silsbee I go to 4 o 5 Katy Tiger games a year because my neighbors son plays for them. They have 8 state titles and are very humble fans. Big difference between them and Carthage fans. Carthage fans are anoying. Yes we know you have a good team. No need to rub it in. Yes Silsbee will eat on Friday!! We won't lose!!! I will compile a top 10 list of what Carthage fan does before the game later this week. 

I live in East TX and yes I know east tx football is the greatest of greats. Real football is only played in east tx. East tx speed and all the other manure that most of the fans shovel up here.

if you REALLY follow Southeast Texas football, everyone knows the Silsbee team that lost to Huffman is NOT the same team that will take the field Friday night...(ask El Campo)...so to attempt to compare teams by an early district lost is foolery.. Silsbee by....enough. (See what I did there:))

I LOVE Silsbee's chances

LOL.....Huffman?...Yea, real powerhouse with several ships in the past Decade..definitely ranked #1 this season...LOL......Good "comparison" Pepper. Difference is, I wasn't trying to compare Silsbee to any team they've played in the past few weeks...TBH, We could care less. Silsbee has had a solid year, with a huge win for their program this past weekend..Kudos to them. YOU wanted to TRY /ATTEMPT to compare Carthage...a team/program that is KNOWN for dropping 2 or 3 games on their way to a state title. Our body of work speaks for itself.

Also, you got me..I don't REALLY follow Southeast Texas Football....why?....because how many 'ships have come from that way in the past decade? You cry about Silsbee not getting any respect, blah blah blah...but how may ships have they won to get that R.E.S.P.E.C.T? ......Don't worry, I'll wait...( see what i did there to your little attempted mockery of E.T. Football). Lastly, how many SE Teams are left in the playoffs vs ET Teams left?

In closing, I don't care about your losses or wins OR your RESPECT... Its about Facts..