BMT Central vs Silsbee "Lite"

BADSANTA

Well given unranked Beta Version 4A Diboll had a 20 point lead only to lose by 5-6, top ten 5A Bmt Ctral should win this one.  Diboll has no length/height and all were in football shape only, whereas all Silsbee kids that day only play basketball.  

Give it a rest, please. It was the 1st game of the season.

Once Silsbee gets their other players from football, the Tigers would beat Diboll by 20 or more.

Silsbee 'Lite'.  I'll just call them Silsbee.  Unless we can call Central ' Central Lite' since the Big Fella haven't played yet....

Very poor comparison. Silsbee missing 8 players, 5 of which played varsity last year, 3 were starters, the other two main contributors off the bench. Central's "big" just one player who has yet to put on a Central uniform.

Much, much different situation. Really amazing you can't see that. smh

Very poor comparison. Silsbee missing 8 players, 5 of which played varsity last year, 3 were starters, the other two main contributors off the bench. Central's "big" just one player who has yet to put on a Central uniform.

Much, much different situation. Really amazing you can't see that. smh

Really good comparison.  Silsbee 'lite' is still a very very good team and   are still a legitimate front runner for your region.  Central 'fun size'  is probably in the same situation in their region as well.  

With that said, I actually see your side, but do you see my side?  I highly doubt it.  And that WOULDN'T amaze me at all...

Anyway, after catching some Ozen/West Brook subvarsity action, I may travel down the road to Silsbee and see Lite duke it out vs. Fun Size.

I think Silsbee's depth will be their main strength this year. I'm not sure that all three starters that are still in football will be guaranteed their job. The freshmen are legit. It will take a team with really good guard play to beat them.  

That's exactly our strength. And I am going to be very interested to see how the lineup is set up in January. You may be right and the starters may not be the same.  I expect to have at least two groups to switch in and out. I think they will be set up to have balance on both sets not necessarily the 5 "best" as starters,  although I don't know if you can label 5 as the best.

That's exactly our strength. And I am going to be very interested to see how the lineup is set up in January. You may be right and the starters may not be the same.  I expect to have at least two groups to switch in and out. I think they will be set up to have balance on both sets not necessarily the 5 "best" as starters,  although I don't know if you can label 5 as the best.

I think this is a very good observation.  Although different groups can click differently on different nights, if Coach Sigler can find two sets of five that mesh really well together, look out.