Ozensfinest, care to explain...

Soulja, I understand what you are saying but at the pg position, you can't just judge that position by production of points. Maybe you need to qualify your statement by saying that YOU like scoring point guards. 

I once knew a pg who led the city (Houston) in scoring. Avg. over 30 points a game and sometimes would go for 50. His team never made the playoffs.

Youre missing the debate, Dove.  More mental toughness required by you to keep up.  The debate is who the best guard in the area or and who's the best guard on that one team...  

Youre missing the debate, Dove.  More mental toughness required by you to keep up.  The debate is who the best guard in the area or and who's the best guard on that one team...  

And you're missing my point. You appear to be basing your opinion on point production. You can't base that position just on points, thats all I am saying. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but based on what you have posted on this subject, it seems that Boyd's lack of scoring is the basis of your argument. Others are just trying to point out that scoring is not everything in being the best player.

And you're missing my point. You appear to be basing your opinion on point production. You can't base that position just on points, thats all I am saying. 

Point production and production in general in big games....  Big district games.  State title games...  Games in losing effort...  who shows up, who don't show up.  Who's consistant, who's not.  It a not that hard of a concept to grasp... 

Point production and production in general in big games....  Big district games.  State title games...  Games in losing effort...  who shows up, who don't show up.  Who's consistant, who's not.  It a not that hard of a concept to grasp... 

Still does not make sense. Take a game to game comparison and don't forget to include all the variables involved. For example: key steals, key assists, and that old variable of making smart plays that many times go unnoticed. Boyd has a very high IQ for the game. Granted, if you're looking for a human highlight film on him, you probably won't get it.

Still does not make sense. Take a game to game comparison and don't forget to include all the variables involved. For example: key steals, key assists, and that old variable of making smart plays that many times go unnoticed. Boyd has a very high IQ for the game. Granted, if you're looking for a human highlight film on him, you probably won't get it.

...and other variables that the other players posesses. .  Hustle, tenacity, athleticism, leadership...  really important intangibles if you ask me, especially for THIS year's team....

Dove, since OF can't give a legitimate or credible argument, do you care to touch on the Ozen sweeping Central/Central's long season/Ozen's bad matchup discussion?

Central's Coach Lee taught me a valuable lesson two years ago when Ozen beat Central at the YMBL. I can't quote him verbatim , but it went something like this: I don't care if we lost to Ozen in the YMBL, all that matters to me is going to Austin.

Central's Coach Lee taught me a valuable lesson two years ago when Ozen beat Central at the YMBL. I can't quote him verbatim , but it went something like this: I don't care if we lost to Ozen in the YMBL, all that matters to me is going to Austin.

You answered my question.  So you chose NOT to touch on that subject...  Thank you, you may now pass go.  Collect 200 dollars..