I've come up with a new playoff system for college football

bullets13

No. The best team would win their conference.

Should I punish another team because they are not in a so called "good" conference.

Who decides what conferences are "good"? ESPN? Public opinion? Just win the games on the field.

What decides if the conferences are good?  How about the quality of the teams they field.  If Lamar wins the Southland basketball conference championship, that in no way qualifies them to play in an 8-team national tournament, if that were how basketball was decided.  Anybody who knows anything about sports can watch Lamar win the southland and still understand that just about every team in the ACC could come in and play Lamar's schedule and do as good or better, not to mention 50-60 teams (at least) from other conferences.  the same holds true for football.  And while there may be an occasional exception (Fresno St, Boise St, Utah from a few years back), which i would LOVE to see get the chance to compete, you absolutely must factor in the quality of the opponents that are being played.  

Edited by bullets13

What decides if the conferences are good?  How about the quality of the teams they field.  If Lamar wins the Southland basketball conference championship, that in no way qualifies them to play in an 8-team national tournament, if that were how basketball was decided.  Anybody who knows anything about sports can watch Lamar win the southland and still understand that just about every team in the ACC could come in and play Lamar's schedule and do as good or better, not to mention 50-60 teams (at least) from other conferences.  the same holds true for football.  And while there may be an occasional exception (Fresno St, Boise St, Utah from a few years back), which i would LOVE to see get the chance to compete, you absolutely must factor in the quality of the opponents that are being played.  

There has to be a way to let everyone eat at the table. Make it 3 at large teams then. I still want the games played on the field and 2 losses should eliminate any team.

37-22-2  buddy if need be I can dog every one of your teams. Been nice about your teams so far 

whats on that Scoreboard from the Loser State University game vs Arkansas that almost got your coach fired? Trust me, im being VERY nice about Loser State University, its a hell of alot I can say about the trash thats going on inside that football program. And we will whip yall arse again next season the week before they finally fire Les. 

whats on that Scoreboard from the Loser State University game vs Arkansas that almost got your coach fired? Trust me, im being VERY nice about Loser State University, its a hell of alot I can say about the trash thats going on inside that football program. And we will whip yall arse again next season the week before they finally fire Les. 

glad we can be your Super Bowl 

There has to be a way to let everyone eat at the table. Make it 3 at large teams then. I still want the games played on the field and 2 losses should eliminate any team.

im fine with that, but one loss with a SOS worse than 50 should eliminate you, too. If mid majors want to eat, they have to make some sort of effort to eat at the big kids' table.

im fine with that, but one loss with a SOS worse than 50 should eliminate you, too. If mid majors want to eat, they have to make some sort of effort to eat at the big kids' table.

I really like the FCS playoff system. No reason that would not work in BCS. Bottom line is money, but you would really get true champion.

Yeah but FBS players can't miss as much school as FCS players or some crap like that.  At least that's what they tell us anyways. 

Tell that to the baseball teams. That's why they schedule you in a class with athletes from out of season sports (ex: football with baseball) so that you can get class notes and information when you miss half the week (leave on Wednesday for a weekend series in Florida).  Plus, they have tutors traveling with the teams. D1 athletes are provided so much academic support that if they are failing a class it's because they should not be at any university. The coaches know what professors to use and who is "on board".

This is not an academic issue.