Statewide Quarterfinal playoff pairings

I heard Temple and George Ranch were playing at Waco Midway stadium from the George Ranch broadcast guess that changed as well...my question is what prevented Angleton and Ridge Point from playing at NRG Friday afternoon?

UIL reminded Temple that they owed GR a return neutral site trip. 

They could have done what Cowboys Stadium does and play a game at 5:30 and 9:00

katy vs manvel was already set before since late Friday night so im sure they didn't want to change but i do think it's dumb for both of them teams to travel that far cuz of the weather also Dickinson and north shore wanted NRG but NRG said no due to the scheduling

Edited by cowboysfan88

katy vs manvel was already set before since late Friday night so im sure they didn't want to change but i do think it's dumb for both of them teams to travel that far cuz of the weather

its not going to be any inclement weather this upcoming weekend in the Houston area. 

This is why Cowboys Stadium works better. The schools just want a chance to play there and the coaches don't care what time. Including next week, Cowboys will have hosted 24 games, with 2 games on Friday and 4 games on Saturday. NRG only hosts 1 game on Friday and sometimes 3 games on Saturday. I do not know the exact number of games hosted but it probably less than half the total amount of games as Cowboys this year.

Also have to think cowboys stadium doesn't plan nothing else this time of yr due to high school playoffs and all teams that are playing at Att stadium are close enough to play there like I said NRG really couldn't do anything except for Friday night and the Katy vs manvel game was set late Friday night before any of the teams that played yesterday started 

GRHS played in the state volleyball tournament last weekend.  The team that beat GRHS "Lovelady" is a high school that is ONLY 8 miles from the school.  They had early release that day and had over 1000 students there, and EVEN the band!!!  Granted to say Lovelady was the better team, no gripes about losing, but when you have a state contest that geographically favors a school that much, you need to think about neutral sites more.

I can see that for the fans it is convenient to have a "state final site" that all the state finals are in, but when one of the teams doesn't have to have their kids stay in hotel rooms, HUGE HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!!!  If you continue to have Cowboy stadium host state finals, that is a HUGE advantage to the Dallas teams that can just have their players sleep in their OWN beds the night before the contest.  I remember Doug Etheridge being asked this in the early 80's and he said the coaches should decide the venue for each contest.  Totally unfair when a team gets home field advantage in a state game.  Region III better take advantage of it this year when ALL the state games are played in NRG Stadium.

GRHS played in the state volleyball tournament last weekend.  The team that beat GRHS "Lovelady" is a high school that is ONLY 8 miles from the school.  They had early release that day and had over 1000 students there, and EVEN the band!!!  Granted to say Lovelady was the better team, no gripes about losing, but when you have a state contest that geographically favors a school that much, you need to think about neutral sites more.

I can see that for the fans it is convenient to have a "state final site" that all the state finals are in, but when one of the teams doesn't have to have their kids stay in hotel rooms, HUGE HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!!!  If you continue to have Cowboy stadium host state finals, that is a HUGE advantage to the Dallas teams that can just have their players sleep in their OWN beds the night before the contest.  I remember Doug Etheridge being asked this in the early 80's and he said the coaches should decide the venue for each contest.  Totally unfair when a team gets home field advantage in a state game.  Region III better take advantage of it this year when ALL the state games are played in NRG Stadium.

Dang P4E that makes my Broncos losing to Warren in basketball yrs ago not so bad after all.NRG better beef up the isle vendors,PS don't sit in or back of a Katy crowd or you'll be watching end zone screens=they continually stand.Bring some tissue paper/towels=they run out before a mediocre crowd in a dbl header

So when GRHS plays Aledo in the State Final at Reliant, I don't want to hear any belly aching from the Aledo folks.  By the way, I think you mean Lovejoy, not Lovelady. 

Eazy.....

IMO it is an unfair advantage when one team gets to have it's players stay in their own houses the night before a game.

And I did mean Lovejoy.  They had an AMAZING volleyball team.  Not taking any thing away from them, but it is a big advantage if you live 8 miles from the facility.

I guess in the end, the UIL rakes in more money with one site.

As far as GRHS getting to state, there are two more games to be won.