Lamar signing local kids

spoonbill

I don't know why LU wont push local kids?  going back to the mid 70s if they did express interest, the local athlete got overlooked.  In 75/76 PNG had 10/15 allstaters in those years- thanks to Burt Darden of the PtA Snooze who pushed our name.  I think 3 or 4 where offered LU and I think only Dougle McDougel finished but never played. Von Robinson, Carl Griffith, McDougle, Delcambre  where the only ones I remember.

There  is only 29 kids on the roster that are from se/texas sw/lousiana out of about 105. I would like to see that number grow to about 70 out of the 105 being local. There is too much talent in this area getting away from here.  Lamar could be a top team with just local talent.

amen if lamar could keep local talent at home they could compete with anybody in thier division

Chuck Langston out recruiting. That's the difference imo, he's a Beaumont boy and is getting the local talent. Great guy by the way!

Also Port Arthur native Brian Morgan is on staff coaching the RB and the ST Coordinator...he handles more in the Houston direction (was in charge of the recruitment of the 2 Crosby commits from what I've been told) but also helps out in the area...really good recruiter.

Talked to mason today...said he was gonna..and lumberton's #25 Trayce Gray is a very good lb...should get a good offer from somewhere

Sikes verbally committed on Dec 1st when coaches Langston and Woodard came up to the school to offer him. He wants to major in Engineering and there isn't a much better place to do so. He's going to be a Cardinal. Peck 'em!!

Adam Morse, Caisen Sullivan, Justin Carr, Austin Krautz, Kendrick King, and Mason Sikes are the area kids I know of off hand. I may be leaving someone off. I know there's a couple Crosby kids also. They have quite a few triangle kids coming back also in Nelson, Randle, Barret, Johnson, Treadway, Adams, Cothen, Swinton, Gieseke, McGee, Moss, Couron, Abbott, and C. Carr. I'm sure I'm also leaving some off here. The staff is doing better than some people think at bringing local talent in. You can't get all the big fish and some of the smaller fish's family think they're bigger fish than they really are. I'd say Lamar is doing a decent job of local recruiting. You also don't get to see some of the "can't miss" kid's ACT scores. ;-)