what are the odds of wo-s going to the big dance

skipper

To answer Skipper, we have a 1 in 8 chance technically. 8 teams left. If you ask me, we make it to NRG on the 18th IF we continue to play with intensity and stay focused 1 game at a time. 2 wins away from our chance to get that elusive 3rd ring.  

Kicker your making my head hurt trying to understand 1 in 8 chance.There is only two in our way not 8, so help this old man understand.lol

WOS has never been an Offensive intense team.. we scored 576 points in 16 games last year which is our current record.  We have scored 566 through 13 games this year.  Two TDs and we have a new school record this Friday.  On the other end of the spectrum it still surprises people that only one team has ever scored more than 42 points against us in 460 games.  The 2005 Wimberley State Champs who put 52 points on us and to this day I still think they did that on purpose to get the record after I touted our defensive history.

If I'm breaking a rule by posting a link then delete it but here's our 460 game history to date...

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Goblin

These young men are focused I assure u,if they lose it will be because they got out played ...and that my friends is a recipe for a ring,I don't believe there is anyone in this division that can withstand a 48 minute attack from the mustangs..

its hard to belive but the kids run the stands after practice still. I sure wish I was younger and could coach at wo-s it would be a dream come true .last week after the game stood by the bus and telling the kids  good game a few of them said no

Cool.

Silsbee has set their all time points scored for a season this year currently with 629. Record was 490.

the tigers are a bunch of super kids and the city Silsbee are very proud of them  as they should be

I did not but have a week to get it straight I said to myself wow. these kids know if they played a good game

Kicker your making my head hurt trying to understand 1 in 8 chance.There is only two in our way not 8, so help this old man understand.lol

that's not what I believe at all, I'm just saying the obvious. There are 8 teams left in 4AD2. So that means in technical terms, they have a 1 in 8 chance. If we win Friday, which I believe we will very handily if we play Mustang football, we will then have 1 in 4 chance. There will be 4 teams left. If we win that one, we have a 1 in 2 chance or 50/50. 

that's not what I believe at all, I'm just saying the obvious. There are 8 teams left in 4AD2. So that means in technical terms, they have a 1 in 8 chance. If we win Friday, which I believe we will very handily if we play Mustang football, we will then have 1 in 4 chance. There will be 4 teams left. If we win that one, we have a 1 in 2 chance or 50/50. 

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the question about the chance to GET to the big dance.. not win it.  That would only require 2 wins which is 25%

WOS has never been an Offensive intense team.. we scored 576 points in 16 games last year which is our current record.  We have scored 566 through 13 games this year.  Two TDs and we have a new school record this Friday.  On the other end of the spectrum it still surprises people that only one team has ever scored more than 42 points against us in 460 games.  The 2005 Wimberley State Champs who put 52 points on us and to this day I still think they did that on purpose to get the record after I touted our defensive history.

If I'm breaking a rule by posting a link then delete it but here's our 460 game history to date...

We good.

what gets me is I have been to every game this year(last year too) we have let off the gas way more this year than I have ever seen.Haven't needed to but I guarantee if we need to we are good as far as a shootout goes....we have an offense that can score at anytime from anywhere 

what gets me is I have been to every game this year(last year too) we have let off the gas way more this year than I have ever seen.Haven't needed to but I guarantee if we need to we are good as far as a shootout goes....we have an offense that can score at anytime from anywhere 

Just smart football.Get key people out of harms way ( injuries ) I would think.