Kountze 77 Woodville 71/Final

WOSgrad

Final. 

Woodville 71

Kountze 77

A very physical, exciting game for sure. Kountze is a good ball club and I think Woodville made a statement today, even in a loss. Great game by both squads. 

very good outing for the Eagles.  How did the sophomore play?  That kid has been impressive every time I've watched him. 

very good outing for the Eagles.  How did the sophomore play?  That kid has been impressive every time I've watched him. 

Christian Williams, #12, played really well. He's gonna be a superstar by his senior year. He was easily the second best overall basketball player on the court tonight. He had a fast break at one point where he went up to dunk and the ball slipped out of his hands, but he was a foot about the rim. Lol great athlete and an even better kid. He has a bright future ahead of him. 

Christian Williams, #12, played really well. He's gonna be a superstar by his senior year. He was easily the second best overall basketball player on the court tonight. He had a fast break at one point where he went up to dunk and the ball slipped out of his hands, but he was a foot about the rim. Lol great athlete and an even better kid. He has a bright future ahead of him. 

Solid defender as well. I left at halftime, but I believe he had 5 blocked shots in the 1st half. 

Arnold is going to get his, kid can create off the dribble and shoot the 3, the 2 guard has unbelievable range and can also take it to the basket. He has a little trouble with longer defenders. I didn't see much inside presence which makes it a lot easier the further in to the season you go. Kountze will beat most people with pressure but teams that don't turn it over in bunches will stay close.

This game was back and forth. The foul count in the first half was like 16-5 and Woodville still had a tie at half. The second half was more even dont remember the numbers. These two teams may very well meet in the playoffs and look forward to the rematch. The hole game was fast. The refs were out of position nearly every possession. 

Kountze was 12-32 from the FT line... Kountze played bad. The Sophomore for Woodville is good and they have a good shooter. I give Woodville their props but from what I was told it was more of Kountze not executing than Woodville playing up to Kountzes level. Just what I was told. I know if Kountze doesn't play better this weekend they will lose handily to Lufkin Hudson and Big Sandy this weekend.

Kountze was 12-32 from the FT line... Kountze played bad. The Sophomore for Woodville is good and they have a good shooter. I give Woodville their props but from what I was told it was more of Kountze not executing than Woodville playing up to Kountzes level. Just what I was told. I know if Kountze doesn't play better this weekend they will lose handily to Lufkin Hudson and Big Sandy this weekend.

My Brother was at the game and said the Woodville was very poor from the line as well. Said that both teams athleticism was impressive and that the defense on both sides was fast and tenacious. Said that both teams had shots that dropped and others didn't. Kountze had 3 decent 3 pt shooters and 2 really well. Arnold being one of them.  He didn't have a Dog in the Fight just lives in the area and wanted to see a good game. So, I'm thinking Woodville is better then some are giving them credit for. Cause there is no Homerisum on his evaluation.  Only time will tell. 

Kountze just isn't deep and has no bench . But I agree Woodville could be getting a rematch down the road. I know what hurt Kountze also is that they were without sophomore Dre Mchman due to grades. He had 19 vs West Brook last week and was gonna be a big player for Kountze this year IMO. But best of luck to the Eagles the rest of the way!

Both teams will be fine and I expect Woodville to use this "moral loss" as a springboard to a great season. As I said earlier, this was Arnold's first game with his only practice being Monday afternoon. Two games into the season and TJ (#2) went from being the "go-to" guy to the #2 scoring threat behind Arnold. It was expected even before the season started that Kountze would need time to gel with the loss of two starters from last year. They'll be geared up like a well oiled machine come district time. 

Kountze just isn't deep and has no bench . But I agree Woodville could be getting a rematch down the road. I know what hurt Kountze also is that they were without sophomore Dre Mchman due to grades. He had 19 vs West Brook last week and was gonna be a big player for Kountze this year IMO. But best of luck to the Eagles the rest of the way!

Wow. Didn't know McMahon was out. That kind of explains it more. So he'll miss the Big Sandy and H-J tournaments but return in time for the Tenaha tournament.

Kountze will be fine. They've got enough athleticism and basketball IQ to beat any team in their district. Woodville is very much improved and looked like a pretty even match with Kountze. Woodville had more depth and more athletes as a whole, but none the caliber of Arnold. I could see both of these teams winning their respective districts. Woodville has Central Heights projected at the top of theirs, followed by Newton in 2nd, then Wville in third. I think that may be a little bit off.

I may be wrong but I think Kountze and EC will be pretty even by the time district rolls around. I don't think anyone else in this district will be strong enough to compete. I know the West Brook game was Kountze's first game and they didn't have Arnold but I have never seen a Kountze club struggle with a team like West Brook in the past. The starters will really have to be in shape because the bench wasn't real deep. I think they dressed 9 but not all of them played. Has Woodville changed coaches ?

I may be wrong but I think Kountze and EC will be pretty even by the time district rolls around. I don't think anyone else in this district will be strong enough to compete. I know the West Brook game was Kountze's first game and they didn't have Arnold but I have never seen a Kountze club struggle with a team like West Brook in the past. The starters will really have to be in shape because the bench wasn't real deep. I think they dressed 9 but not all of them played. Has Woodville changed coaches ?

Nope. Reggie Williams is still at the helm and seems to be doing a great job developing his talent the past few years. 

They dressed 8 and all of them played. Only about 4 of them played at a high level though. 

EC looked pretty good last night. Should be two big games in district play. 

They are definitely 2 solid players but West Brook has no perimeter defense at all. Arnold will be a game changer with his ability to penetrate and dish. I don't know a lot about any other 2a powers in this region but Kountze is lacking the bigger guys on the block they have had in the past.It's hard to make it to the state tournament with any post presence and even harder to win it.

They are definitely 2 solid players but West Brook has no perimeter defense at all. Arnold will be a game changer with his ability to penetrate and dish. I don't know a lot about any other 2a powers in this region but Kountze is lacking the bigger guys on the block they have had in the past.It's hard to make it to the state tournament with any post presence and even harder to win it.

You sure about that? We only lost one "post" player from last season's STATE Semi-Finalist team. 

1st half was sloppy for both teams.  Kountze provided no surprises, run and gun. Arnold was his expected athletic self, determined, quick and putting up lots of shots. Woodville missed 2 team members, Stephen Thomas & Ivan Lockhart, causing a few series with 4 of 5 players on the court from last years JV.  Christian Williams was in a zone, scoring 21pts, and pretty sure he was in double figures in both blocks and rebounds. Dalton Rhame dropped in 20pts with 18 of those coming from beyond the 3pt line, he added a handful of assists and steals. Julius Midkiff added a couple of 3s to go along with his several assists and steals. Kris Traylor played solid on both ends of the court and Chris Castle played bigger than he is in the paint like he always does. I believe that Woodville is going to open some eyes as the season progresses. They should become stronger with each game and make the people Woodville realize that football is not the biggest game in town, not this year.